Christopher Brown Studios Reviews

28 | Seal Beach, CA

28 Reviews for Christopher Brown Studios

Tori Patchen · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing eye, amazing photographer

We just knew we wanted Chris to be our photographer, as him and my husband had been childhood friends.
    Chris truly has an amazing eye and can capture that special moment in any type of venue. He is very professional and easy to work with! We received our photos in a very timely manner and I cried at how beautifully he captured the day!
    It was windy during our first look which made me nervous the photos weren’t going to look good with my hair flying everywhere, but he worked with it and the photos still came out AMAZING!!!!!
    BOOK HIM & YOU WONT REGRET IT!

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/10/2019

Fantastic Photographer Who Captures Every Little Moment

Words cannot express how much we loved working with Chris for our wedding! We loved his ability to capture all the little moments and candid laughter that filled our wedding. Of course we have the more posed, styled shots, but we also have so many natural, candid shots that really capture who we are and what the wedding was like.

Chris is personable and professional. He was a joy to work with! He was excited to get the best shots in the best lighting. Chris was open to last-minute changes to our day-of schedule and getting a little adventurous on the beach. We also did an engagement shoot with Chris, and it was such a dream. Definitely recommend to every couple!

We highly recommend Chris to anyone looking for a passionate and personable photographer - who captures the most beautiful and personal photos!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Kent

Kent Dong · Married on 06/06/2019

if you want to look good, you are in the right hands.

Christopher, by far, is the most talented and responsive photographer I’ve ever worked with. His visions and styles are incredible. Did I mention that he’s very responsive and professional? He replies text messages very quickly and deliver the products super fast.

Overall I would say thank you Chris for the amazing shots you took of me and my wife. You managed to turn a Shrek, me, into a Disney Prince haha.

In short, reasonable pricing, incredible visions, fast delivery, and extremely professional.

Sent on 07/06/2019

Hayley Kristinsson · Married on 05/03/2019

Fantastic photographer!!

Chris is wonderful. He is very responsive and really cares about providing you with what you want for your special day. He is excellent and I couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out!!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Adam

Adam Taylor · Married on 02/09/2019

10/10 Would Recommend!

Christopher was awesome to work with! He was professional, flexible, and obviously has a great deal of experience to draw from to help you make the most out of your photos without feeling like you're missing any of your big day. He was able to be clear and directive when taking all of our big group photos without making us feel rushed or miss any photo opportunities, but at the same time not missing any time to enjoy our wedding either.

He has multiple plans/options and was extremely helpful in working with us to build a package that was exactly what we needed without blowing our budget.

In short, Chis was really fun to be around and have with us throughout the whole day, which makes a big difference in how you photograph and it shows in the final product. He worked with us throughout the process, was always understanding and helpful with our busy schedules, got the edited photos to us EXTREMELY quickly, and was a pleasure to work with.

10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Nicole Cervi-Mckeever · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Work and Wonderful to Work With!

Chris is an absolute pleasure to work with and his talent, as well as professionalism, is off the charts. He went out of his way to ensure the photos we desired for our wedding were taken and also added, at no extra cost, his recommendations for other photos that we had not considered. He has a wonderful eye and a warm personality. He will got the extra mile for you and I hope you'll choose him!

Sent on 02/22/2019
  • Tanya

Tanya Lee · Married on 10/13/2018

The BEST in the biz! We LOVE our photos!

My husband and I were thrilled to have the opportunity to have Christopher Brown take our wedding photos. He discovered great backdrops around the venue for our wedding photos, even capturing a rainbow right over our heads! He used different camera angles and was very creative in his style of work. Christopher recommended how we should pose and stand to ensure the best outcome of each photo! To have someone provide direction and know how to manage two excited and distracted newlyweds is what sets Christopher apart from the rest of the pack. And, he knew where the best lighting potential was always. We could not have chosen a better photographer due to his professional demeanor, “quick on his feet” thinking. We are so pleased with EVERY image. We highly recommend Christopher Brown for your photos – you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2018

The Best Experience

Chris and his assistant were amazing! I got married in July 2018 and had the most wonderful expereince with Chris. My husband isn't very patient when it come to taking pictures but Chris made us feel relaxed and was so efficient getting all the pictures done. It was really hot on the wedding day but Chris got through all the family, bridemaids, and groomsmen pictures so fast (which is what we wanted!) and just kept it super relaxed. I was blown away when I saw the final pictures, they are absoutely beautiful!!! It's hard to pick just a handful of my favorites becasue they are all so amazing! I cannot say enough good things about Chris, the whole experience from start to finsh was 5 stars! I would absolutely recommend Chris to every bride I meet.

Sent on 02/15/2019

Sabrina · Married on 10/14/2017

Chris and one of his other photographers took photos for my wedding. I was referred to Chris by a now family member and my husband and I are very happy we made the decision to hire him! Our photos came out gorgeous! Everyone who views them says how beautiful and stunning they are and should be in a magazine. I love looking through the photos and feel it will never get old. I can't wait to frame them and put them up in my home. Chris was very easy to work with, very responsive and open to listening to all my concerns and requests. He encouraged me to send him all my photo inspiration, which I appreciated because photos are very important to me. Chris was also open to new ideas and suggestions. Chris and his partner made everyone feel comfortable when taking photos. I felt the two of them worked very well together and bounced off ideas to get great pictures and poses. I highly recommend having two photographers, you won't regret it! Since I am extremely picky with photos, and I would recommend trying to catch extra details such as the dress train, hair in place and position of people standing, but overall I am very pleased with my wedding photos. Photos are extremely important because it is something you will look back at years to come and cannot have a "redo," so you want to make sure you hire someone you can trust to deliver beautiful photos. Chris is that wedding photographer you can trust.

Oh and make sure to take sunset "golden hour" photos if you can! Those came out to be some of our most favorite pictures! I'm so glad he suggested that to us.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Marissa · Married on 08/10/2017

Chris is AMAZING! I probably was “annoying” him for over a year with the engagement shoot &wedding. We talked about so many wedding dates but we never decided until the very end &thankfully Chris was still available.
    He was VERY workable with our budget, locations, timeline, number of guests in the family pictures, the night of, etc. I asked a bunch of questions leading up to the day, exactly 95 emails worth &he never once got annoyed with me. Thanks by the way. Him &his assistant Alex were very fun &easy to work with as well. We had a long list of family pictures to get through, probably about 60 shots, &they both were very organized &cautious of the time so we did not take up the whole reception for pictures.
    I was also really concerned about our pictures with everyone being photogenic especially my husband. In the end you are only left with the pictures &memories so I was determined to find &pay for the best. He is not a natural smiler. Anytime he smiles for pictures, it looks like he’s faking it. So I was really nervous &afraid I was going to hate the wedding pictures. But that was not the case. Chris made it very natural &we have a lot of perfect smiling pictures of him.
    Chris was also so accommodating that he followed me on Pinterst to see my board of the wedding pictures I saved so we could copy some of the pose ideas.
    Chris definitely takes his time &can capture the true emotions. My husband &I are both not photogenic &take terrible pictures so having Chris there, with his experience &knowing what he was doing to get the right shot definitely calmed my nerves!
    My only recommendation is to make sure you get a regular, natural, front smiling picture of the 2 of you. Out of the 800 pictures, I was shocked we did not have your typical smiling picture of us together. We are always laughing, looking at each other, kissing, looking away, posing, etc., nothing just like your typical smiling picture. Ohh &one of your dress/ train!!
    Thanks Chris!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Connie · Married on 07/29/2017

After my experience with Chris and his incredible professionalism, his eye for capturing the moment and how he went above and beyond I could never imagine anyone doing a wedding without him by your side! I can't describe how amazing he is and all his pictures! If you're looking for a photographer look no further because Chris and Alex are your team!! Absolutely the best in the world!!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/11/2017

Where do we begin? We were lucky enough to find Chris' profile here on weddingwire, and surprisingly enough, this is the only website he uses to advertise since he books only a handful of weddings a year (if I'm not mistaken). What first caught our eyes was his ability to capture his clients in the moment--in its natural and organic form without all the forced poses that people are generally subjected to when it comes to anything wedding-related. We looked at a ton of photographers' portfolio and interviewed a few--Chris was actually in Europe doing a photoshoot (he actually shoots fashion, too, which is probably why he knows exactly when to press the shutter button when people are in action) when we interviewed him via Skype. He woke in the wee hours of the morning just to accommodate the hour difference. That's what you call dedication. It was as if we were talking to a long-time friend and we knew immediately that he was going to be the commander of capturing our big day. All the rest is history, and we still continue to keep in touch--we definitely made a friend and would entrust him to photograph all special occasions to come in the future (i.e. babies?). Lastly, and probably most importantly for some, if cost is your number one focus, he will work with you closely to meet your needs while working within your budget. We are incredibly pleased with the business he provided and we know you will be, too.

Sent on 04/29/2017

Chris is such an amazing person AND professional. We were so lucky to have him photograph our wedding. It was incredibly difficult to make a decision on a photographer that was worth the cost until we came across Chris' portfolio. Upon meeting him in person, we knew we found the right person. It was easy to be comfortable and entirely honest with him. We told him what we were looking for, and he delivered that and so much more. I am so grateful for Chris, and cannot wait to find another opportunity to use his beautiful skills. Thank you SO much, Chris! <3

Sent on 11/22/2016

Joshua · Married on 10/01/2016

Chris is a total GEM for professional wedding photos! He went out of his way to travel an extra hour to get some of the candid photos for my wife pre-wedding. She totally treasures those moments, and Chris made it happen by being there. He also was cool, calm, and collected to help keep people moving along for the photo portion of the reception. All-around, our experience could not have been more PERFECT! Thanks Man!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Melinda · Married on 09/10/2016

We're so happy we chose Christopher to photograph our wedding events! Not only did he do an amazing job, he was so easy to work with from beginning to end. Planning a wedding can feel a bit overwhelming trying to find and book the perfect vendors, however Chris was very professional, so accommodating, and working with him was an ease. We got so many compliments from family and friends saying how beautiful our pictures came out and we couldn't agree more. Thank you Chris! :)
    - Melinda and Anand

Sent on 10/13/2016

Danielle · Married on 09/09/2016

Chris and his assistant did SUCH an amazing job covering our wedding day at Seven Degrees, Laguna Beach, CA. They were attentive, prepared, and captured every moment I wanted to (and then some). The logistics were simple; they arrived on time and stayed all the way until our grand send off. I wasn’t available at the venue, but he arrived early and captured the Groom’s shots before I even arrived. The shots we captured were stunning, and shots I didn’t even think of capturing from the décor to the cocktail hour to the roulette table/ cigar bar we had. Everything was perfect, and I couldn’t be happier with the results.
    Our favorites include the ones of the couple and our wedding party shots. Amazing!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Sara · Married on 06/04/2016

I had a great feeling about Christopher from the first time I talked to him on the phone. He was very responsive, flexible (with my budget and was willing to personalize the package for me), punctual, pleasant, and easy to work with. The photos came out amazing and he and his partner captured the day, the moments, the emotion and excitement of the entire day perfectly. My friends and family loved how the photos came out and said I did a great job choosing a photographer! :) Christopher is a phenomenal photographer if you are looking for more of a natural, candid, storytelling documentation of your special day. Thank you Chris, love how the album turned out too!

Sent on 07/24/2016
  • Lexi

Lexi · Married on 05/29/2016

Christopher is a great photographer! He thinks out of the box and made our engagement photoshoot perfection. We had so much fun and absolutely loved our photos. He was great to work with and helped make our ideas become reality. We cannot wait for Christopher to shoot our wedding. I would highly recommend Christopher to all my friends for all different types of shoots!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Christopher Brown Studios's reply:

Loved our engagement shoot together :)
    So excited to shoot your wedding in May at Calamigos Ranch!

Chris is the best! He is so great at what he does and amazingly easy to work with. Our wedding photos were a dream and we are so thankful that Chris was there to capture the best day of our lives. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Csilla · Married on 05/05/2016

Thanks to Chris and his camera we could share our special and private moments with friends and families at home. We are a Swedish couple and got married in LA in May 2016. We had a very private ceremony and Chris was wonderful taking amaizing and lovely photos before, during and after the wedding. He was very flexible making us feel comfortable in front of his camera without feeling photographed at all. Everybody was amaized by his photos! We communicated via e-mail before our LA trip and everything was perfect, just the way we wished. He is a real professional catching the right moments and feelings. If you want great picture, we warmly recommend Chris as your photographer.
    Caspar and Csilla from Stockholm

Sent on 06/30/2016

Ellie · Married on 10/03/2015

Chris is great! The day of was of course hectic, but he was able to do all that I requested. His pictures were AMAZING! His turnaround time was great too. He captured our personality and was able to tell amazing stories through his photographs. I love my pictures! If you go with him, you will not be let down.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Christopher Brown Studios's reply:

Thank you guys so much! It was awesome taking bridal party & romantic photos at the San Juan mission before the wedding started. Loved capturing all the special moments of your day. Have fun in Italy!

Brandy · Married on 07/31/2015

Christopher Brown is an amazingly creative and innovative photographer. My husband and I were absolutely blown away by the quality and creativity Chris brought to our wedding photos. He was incredibly easy to work with and went above and beyond with scouting out our wedding venue and the surrounding neighborhood even before our wedding began. He was then able to come up with shots that my husband and I never would have, but ended up being some of our MOST favorite photos. If you're looking for someone who is going to take all the photos you want, but ALSO come up with his own creative vision, Christopher is the photographer for you. He makes you feel comfortable and also produces high quality shots very quickly!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Christopher Brown Studios's reply:

Thank you Brandy & Kevin! Millwick (La arts district) was fantastic! So many great spots to photograph. I loved the capturing you guys surrounded by very close family and friends. So cozy and beautiful :)

Carrie · Married on 07/05/2015

Our wedding day was perfect and that day was captured because we had the best photgragher!! So professional and his work top notch.
    I was very very happy with Christopher Brown. :))

Thanks

Martin and Carrie

Sent on 10/01/2015

Christopher Brown Studios's reply:

Congrats to Carrie & Martin!! you guys made it easy for me to capture the love! ..and that father daughter dance.. absolutely perfect. so many great memories :)

Scott & Roberta · Married on 04/24/2015

Christopher Brown Studios is FABULOUS! Our wedding covered the course of two days, one on a yacht on the ocean and the second a big backyard party. Chris Brown did an amazing, professional job of a capturing moments one doesn't even realize are happening. The photographs from the wedding ceremony on the water were stunning, as Chris - even in the wavy, windy ocean - was able to utilize the natural light/clouds/sun to his advantage and produce "US" beyond our wildest dreams. When we saw them, we were in awe. At our backyard party, Chris did a phenomenal job capturing all of our guests so we will always have a memory of everyone present. Every single angle was covered - no pun intended!
    We would more than highly recommend Christopher Brown Studios! The turn-around time, the responsiveness, the accessibility to him, on and on and on, all top notch!!! LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF HIS WORK - and the end product was sensational!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Christopher Brown Studios's reply:

Scott & Roberta, thank you so much. It was truly an honor photographing you guys at sunset hour on a beautiful yacht! The scene was absolutely phenomenal, doesn't get much better than that.

Brett · Married on 10/11/2014

I'd recommend Christopher Brown to anyone who's looking for a really great, professional photographer. Not only did Chris get all the shots we were looking for, but he was really good at giving direction, and helping us capture other great moments. He really worked with us on our budget, and pretty much made our special day that much better. He was also very quick with the editing process, which was a plus!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Christopher Brown Studios's reply:

Brett! Your guys wedding was super intimate and cozy! Such raw & natural emotion all throughout the day. It was a pleasure documenting all of it. Thanks so much :)