Catering by Alan Weiss Reviews

33 | Owings Mills, MD

33 Reviews for Catering by Alan Weiss

33 Catering by Alan Weiss Reviews

Sheryl · Married on 03/18/2018

We chose Alan to cater our wedding and we could not have made a better decision! From the minute we met with him, we were sold. He was very organized, and had an amazing variety of options for us to choose from. He was very responsive via telephone and email for any questions we had, and he worked with us and our budget to choose the perfect menu. From appetizers, to the meal, to warm cookies to go, everything was perfect from start to finish. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was. His staff was professional and efficient--everyone's plated dinners were the perfect temperature when served. He also worked very well with our wedding planner, and he ensured that our day was seamless. We would definitely use Alan again for any of our future needs!

Katherine · Married on 02/10/2018

Catering by Alan Weiss was recommended to us by a close family friend, and after over twenty years of friendship, we never would have guessed that one of the most significant things our friend would do for us is introduce us to our caterer.

Alan and his team were absolutely phenomenal in terms of helping us have the wedding of our dreams. They not only added warmth and kindness to our special day, but also managed to exceed any and all expectations. Everyone who we had spoken to about our wedding told us to be prepared for things to go wrong, but for the life of us, we cannot think of anything that did not go as planned, and that can be very much attributed to the team at Catering by Alan Weiss.

To this point, I have been speaking in the plural sense as to give the catering team their proper due, but I would be remiss not to mention the truly wonderful work of Alan throughout the entire process. My wife could attest to me being a worrier, and I must have called Alan almost weekly as we approached the big day. Everytime we spoke, he was both respectful and kind, and importantly, results-oriented. Whenever an issue arised, he made to focus on solutions that worked for us and that we could fit within our budget. He consistently worked to make sure that we had everything we could have possibly wanted. In addition, he also served as our day-of coordinator at no extra charge, and as expected from the tone of this review, he knocked that out of the park as well!

The appetizers were a mixture of different meats and fish, with a particular standout being the pineapple wrapped pastrami. Wow those were good! In addition, we had the Moroccan salmon for dinner, which was equally excellently. As a kindness, Alan provided a rack of lamb for just the two of us that was out of this world. Finally, in addition to providing a delicious cake, Alan and his team also had several different dessert stations that offered a very fun and sweet vibe!

Catering by Alan Weiss 1
    Catering by Alan Weiss 2

Dan · Married on 09/10/2017

As a fundraising chair of our synagogue, I have worked with several caterers. Alan Weiss Catering is certainly the best. They excel in food quality and presentation; always returning a phone call, text or email; and working with your budget to get the best service for your event. We hired them for catering but they were a wonderful resource for advice also. And their cleanup was top-notch! Leave it in Alan's hands and your event will be a success!

Sandra · Married on 09/03/2017

Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent Alan Weiss after the event, that I believe says it all:

"Hi Alan,

I wanted to reach out to thank you for the fabulous job you did for Rochelle's wedding Sunday Sept 3rd! The food was fabulous; the presentation great; the quantities filling. All our guests were commenting on the quality as well as the amount of food we had at the wedding.

The cocktail hour was beautiful! The food delicious. The dinner service on-time and beautiful as well as tasty.

I am very glad that Stu asked for you to personally be there for this event. You remained calm throughout all the drama with the fire and police department's closing the kitchen and devised a plan that worked beautifully!

Many, many thanks for everything it took to make the evening such a success.

Sincerely,

susan · Married on 08/27/2017

Alan Weiss was a pleasure to work with. He made himself readily available, throughout the planning process, and provided a top notch presentation of menu options. Also featured in his catering package was a food tasting, which provided the bride and groom the opportunity to taste the possible dinner options, prior to their final selection. The service was impeccable; water pitchers filled continuously, wait staff friendly and accommodating, and a fully stocked and staffed bar. The food was delicious, hot food hot, cold food cold. Mr. Weiss made himself available throughout the evening and ran the event at a pace that kept everyone happy while dancing and eating the night away.

Sharise · Married on 01/01/2017

I loved working with Alan. He is incredibly helpful and responsive - and he really acts as the wedding planner in addition to the catering. That's why we selected him - we felt so comfortable knowing that he would make sure every single detail was attended to, and the end result was fabulous! He also worked with our band regarding the timing of breaks, dessert, etc and made sure the trains ran on time, so to speak. I heard the food was good (I didn't really eat much), but the dessert bar absolutely had people RAVING. It was a HUGE HIT. The place looked absolutely gorgeous - the tables were set exquisitely and everything looked so classy and elegant. We were thrilled with everything, and we don't feel like we could have done it without Alan. We wholeheartedly recommend Alan to anyone looking for a kosher caterer (or even if you aren't quite frankly!). He and his staff are tremendous - thank you ALAN! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Jennifer · Married on 11/06/2016

Alan Weiss and his team were excellent. In addition to our wedding dinner they provided a number of meals over the preceding Shabbat. During the Shabbat meals there was some issues with the hotel venues, but Alan's team did a great job solving the problems and keeping our stress in check. The wedding meal was amazing value for money. Many of our guests don't keep kosher typically and they loved the food! Many said it was the best wedding meal they ever ate! We are grateful that we went with Alan Weiss for our catering needs and definitely suggest his company.

Lynn · Married on 10/09/2016

We hired Alan Weiss to cater our daughter's wedding. We could not have been more pleased with the entire process. Alan is very personable, asked all of the right questions (since he has been doing this for over 20 years), and gave wonderful suggestions. He also acted as our wedding planner, suggesting vendors for flowers, photographers, bands, etc, that he knows are good. He also worked as our wedding coordinator on the day of the wedding, orchestrating the other vendors, the wedding party, rehearsing the wedding ceremony with us, and making sure the day progressed smoothly. Most importantly, the food was plentiful and delicious, and he gave us all of the leftovers. He had adequate waiters for the cocktail hour, everyone seemed to have access to the passed hors d'oeuvres, and the carving station and sushi stations were fabulous! The meal was beutifully plated, and everyone seemed pleased. Alan's "thing" is to serve everyone their choice of entree (in our case, it was chicken or vegetarian, and both were great), and then surprise everyone by also offering a fork-tender prime rib in addition, served French style. The wedding was incredible, Alan seemed to throw in lots of "extras" we didn't discuss, and we all wished we could do it all over again the next day.

Sara · Married on 10/09/2016

You can tell that Alan Weiss has been in the business for a long time with his understanding of how to make an event a success. He once said that he considers a wedding to be like a production and he loves to play being the director and is amazing at organizing the event and working with the other vendors to make sure everything is set up exactly as you want. He is organized and his attention to detail is beyond compare. He did everything that was asked of him, even as he was recovering from a bout of pneumonia! He was always friendly and easy to work with, He came up with the appropriate timeline of events which I ended up switching around a little to meet our needs. He goes above and beyond for his customers even in unforeseen instances - he told a story about how when there was a massive power outage during the hottest weekends of the year, he sent his people out to search for every last bag of ice in the area for a wedding he was catering that day so that the drinks could be cold. We had almost run out of beer half way through our event and he sent his staff out to get more so that people would be served exactly what they wanted. We didn't know any of this until a day or two afterwards. The food is also fantastic and the way that everything is laid out and presented is very high class, meaning you get exactly what you are paying for. He works with your vendors such as your baker and your florist to make sure everything comes together. He had an informal rehearsal the day of the wedding so that everyone in the wedding party knew exactly where to go, which I think made things go a lot smoother than if there was no rehearsal at all. Alan and his team were fantastic in every way and I would highly recommend them.

Brad · Married on 09/11/2016

I really enjoyed working with Alan Weiss on building our wedding catering menu. Alan is a great communicator and has a great personal touch when working with prospective clients. My fiancee and I had a creative theme of "Southern Comfort" for our wedding as our venue is a farm, and Alan was great in working with us to develop our menu and pricing structure. His prices are a good value and his service pricing structure is very straightforward. Alan and I exchanged e-mails and phone calls for several weeks as he was patient in affording us time to weigh all of our options. I would recommend Alan to anyone seeking a true catering professional with a personal touch. Alan is a top notch professional throughout the catering process and I'd highly recommend him.

sharon · Married on 07/03/2016

We were searching for a kosher caterer in the DC/Baltimore area for our sons wedding that was willing to really work with us in regards to our budget . Speaking with Alan, we immediately felt that we were finally speaking with a true professional and that everything would be taken care. He has fantastic references and many years of catering experience. His menu offerings were extensive and he allowed us many choices within our budget. We had a fun tasting where we were able to sample different styles of chicken and sides. The food that we chose was all tasty and artistically presented, we received tons of compliments from our guests! The food also came out of the kitchen in an efficient manner with all 250 of our guests being served simultaneously. Alan was readily available to answer questions as they came up and also served as our "event planner" for the day of the wedding which also saved us that extra expense. Alan ensured that everything was coordinated between the venue, the band, the Rabbi etc. We highly recommend Weiss catering for your next event-Enjoy!

Catering by Alan Weiss is the only caterer we ever use. We now have come full circle as they were our caterer for our children's Bar and Bat Mitzvahs and now our son and daughter-in-law's wedding. The wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Catering by Weiss. The food was outstanding with many different and new selections. The sushi and lamb chops are always a hit! The s'mores station as one of the dessert options, a total winner. The staff is incredible...while so professional,they are like family! Alan helped us also with the wedding rehearsal, which was a huge help. Catering by Weiss gets an exemplary A++++ by our entire family!

Rhonda · Married on 06/19/2016

I would definitely recommend Catering by Alan Weiss to a couple planning their wedding. In addition to the wedding, Alan catered an engagement party and welcome dinner, both of which were given by the groom's family at their home, and he catered the post-wedding brunch at our home. Every event was perfect! The food was absolutely delicious, also very creative and enticing. Everyone on his staff is very professional, friendly, and competent. I need to add that in addition to great food, a big bonus I got with Alan is peace of mind, a rare thing for the mother of the bride! Alan is an experienced party planner, and he is happy to give guidance about all aspects of the event to make sure all goes perfectly. He helped us come up with a timeline that we liked, and reached out to our photographer and DJ to make sure they could follow it. He found us a videographer and string ensemble, and both were wonderful. He is always easy to reach, and is very accommodating. While planning this wedding over the past year, it was always reassuring to hear him say "I'm here for you". Lastly, I want to add that Alan's wife Martha is also a big bonus that you get when Alan caters your event. She is amazing too! I am very much looking forward to the next time I get to have a meal catered by Alan!

scott · Married on 05/29/2016

This is my fourth affair with Catering by Weis.That should speak volumes to anyone who reads this.

This was the second wedding that Alan Weiss catered for our family and I strongly recommend his company. With Alan's excellent suggestions, the menu for my daughter's wedding was innovative, delicious and abundant. He creatively met all my daughter's requirements for a menu with plenty of vegetarian choices. Alan went out of his way to make the day hassle-free for the whole family.

Andrea · Married on 11/15/2015

Alan is great to work with. He is very knowledgeable and helps out with everything - from making other vendor recommendations, to planning, to day of coordination. He is amazing!

"THERE IS NO OTHER CATERER"!!! I can't say enough about Alan and his staff. Every superlative is not enough to describe what Alan did for us and what our affair/reception was like. I am a former New Yorker and am very difficult and demanding. I want what I want and will not settle for anything less. My daughter is a New Yorker too. She and I did not dream that an affair, in Baltimore could be so perfect. Many of our guests commented:"This is New York in Baltimore". Whatever I asked for and wanted was fulfilled and then some. Alan could not do enough to please me. Perfection is the only way I can describe our affair!!!
    He also catered a small family Oneg Shabbat dinner on Friday night and a pre-wedding dinner on Saturday night. Everything was perfect, delicious, understated and very elegant, which was just what I wanted.
    I would never think nor contemplate using anyone else in Baltimore for any affair be it a dinner or a wedding.
    There is no one that can compare or is in the same class as Catering by Alan Weiss!!!

Sandy · Married on 06/28/2015

Catering by Alan Weiss did a fabulous job for our daughter's wedding! The food was delicious, plentiful and beautifully presented. Our guests are still raving about his sushi bar! Alan was a pleasure to work with. He is a true professional, and we were in excellent hands all along the way!!

Alan and his team were wonderful! There is no question that my family and I will use him for all other celebrations we have in the future. Alan was easy to work with, was always on top of all of his communication, and he offered the most competitive prices for his services. He also has trusted recommendations for other venders, which we were happy to utilize as well. I absolutely loved using Catering By Alan Weiss and I would recommend his business to anyone who asked! Thanks Alan for being such an amazing vender. :)

Meda · Married on 03/07/2015

I just want you to know how happy we were with the wedding on March 7, 2015. The food was delicious as well as beautifully presented. The cookies were a huge hit. The staff was attentive, professional, accommodating and easy to work with.
    We greatly appreciate your helping organize the entire wedding from chuppah to clean up. You guided Rebecca and Josh in all the details, organized the rehearsal so we knew where we needed to be and when.
    Whenever she had questions, Rebecca knew that you would answer them and help her think things through. This enabled all of us to relax and enjoy the evening.
    Thank you for all your help in so many ways and in making the evening flow seamlessly.

I would highly endorse Catering by Alan Weiss for any occasion. Alan provided much more than catering, he acted as wedding coordinator and at times event planner. Alan was very responsive to all of our needs and helped to orchestrate a wonderful evening. The selection and quality of our appetizers, main course and desserts were wonderful and artfully displayed. The serving staff was incredibly polite and helpful. Alan was wonderful to work with for all aspects of our event.

steve · Married on 07/01/2012

Alan's glatt kosher food was wonderful and the service was flawless. All the vendors we selected were recommended by Alan and worked very well with him. We lost power at our synagogue friday night - as did much of the region - and did not have the new venue until 10:30 saturday night for a noon wedding on Sunday. Alan handled it all masterfully. You literally would not have know the event was not planned for this venue - unless you were one of the people we called after midnight to inform you of the change in venue.

Alison · Married on 12/31/2011

Alan and his staff did a wonderful job! I was a little bit nervous when it came to the cake, but Alan went over the top and even gave my husband his own chocolate cake!
    The food at the tasting matched what we had at the wedding!

Rachel · Married on 06/03/2018

Alan did a great job with our wedding and I received many compliments on the kosher food.