Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design Reviews

46 | Middletown, MD

46 Reviews for Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2016

Candlelight Floral Designs recently did our flowers for our wedding and they were PERFECT! We met with Melissa and gave her our ideas, not truly knowing what they would look like. The day of our wedding came and all our flowers were perfect! Candlelight Floral Designs was great to work with, were on time the day of our wedding, and provided us everything we could have asked for on our special day! We would definitely recommend Candlelight Floral Designs!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Amber · Married on 06/04/2016

Working with Candlelight was absolutely amazing. All the flower arrangements were stunning. They replicated exactly what I wanted for the boutonnieres and my bouquet left me speechless! They also helped me bring my centerpieces to a whole new level. The attention to detail and imagination that they have is out of this world! Also if you want succulents, I HIGHLY recommend them. They brought ins the most gorgeous succulents that I have ever seen for me!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Stephanie · Married on 11/08/2015

Wow! My flowers were beautiful and I would highly recommend Candlelight Floral Design. Melissa was so easy to work with and incredibly knowledgeable. She was able to offer suggestions and ideas after I expressed the look/feel I wanted for the ceremony. I had a specific design for my bouquet and they delivered exactly what I wanted. Not only do they offer beautiful flowers for events but their shop is so cute. You won't be disappointed with your decision to use Candlelight Floral Design!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Tiffany · Married on 05/30/2015

Candlelight Floral Designs was such a pleasure to work with. I really had no idea what I wanted for my wedding as to what type of flowers to use. I really only knew what colors I wanted. The owner, Melissa, helped me with ideas and worked with me the many times I had changed my mind. She definitely made the process easier and provided me with the most beautiful arrangements and bouquets on my wedding day in a timely manner. I would highly recommend using Candlelight for your special occasions!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Jillian · Married on 10/05/2014

Candlelight Floral Designs were absolutely amazing. After looking at multiple different florists who couldn't promise everything I wanted, I went to Candlelight and they were willing and able to provide what we envisioned. My bouquets were absolutely gorgeous and people were constantly complementing us on them. They also did our centerpieces which were beautiful as well. They really went above and beyond for our big day and made everything as stress free as possible.

Sent on 11/02/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Melissa and Candlelight Designs. My flowers exceeded my expectations in every way! As a very hands on bride, I never worried about my flowers because Melissa immediately knew what my vision was after sitting down with her. She used such creativity and I was blown away by the outcome. Not only did she do my wedding flowers, but several of my friends weddings and each one I have been to has been absolutely beautiful and unique in its own way. Do yourself a favor and choose Candlelight Floral Designs so your day is perfect! :)

Sent on 11/16/2014

Erin · Married on 09/20/2014

One of my favorite things about our wedding was the flowers thanks to Candlelight Floral Designs. They were able to take our vague ideas about what we wanted, use their creativity and skills and prepare the MOST beautiful flowers I've ever seen. I would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Hillary · Married on 07/19/2014

I am still obsessing about my exquisite wedding flowers. Melissa and Chris were a delight to work with; they totally understood the look I was going for, and created arrangements that were beyond beautiful- certainly better than I could have imagined. They are extremely flexible and will work with any budget- they truly want to make you happy. They even made custom boutonnieres for the groomsmen featuring a leaf made out of Marvel comic paper! The centerpieces were stunning, and I don't even have the words to describe how happy I was with the bridal bouquet and bridesmaids flowers; I audibly sigh every time I see a picture. I know I might be biased because it was my wedding, but I honestly can say that the flowers at my wedding were among the best wedding flowers I have ever seen, in terms of quality, color, design, everything. I would HIGHLY recommend Candlelight Floral Designs to any bride.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Heather · Married on 06/15/2014

Lauren did an amazing job. My bouquets/flower arrangements were absolutely breathtaking. Everyone loved them and I recieved so many compliments on them. Thank You So Much Lauren You Are Awesome

Sent on 06/16/2014

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Thank you so much Heather, you are awesome too!!!! :)

Lisa · Married on 06/07/2014

Melissa is so amazingly creative and talented. Knowing nothing about flowers I met with her, showed some inspiration photos and described my vision for the wedding and the day of it was better than I could have ever imagined. Both the bouquets and the centerpieces/arrangements were absolutely breathtaking!! They also incorporated beer caps into the groomsmen's boutonnieres which added such a uniques and personal touch to them. Best florist ever!!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Best bride ever! We loved working on your wedding, beer caps work with everything! Brilliant.

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2014

I was so pleased to have received a recommendation for Candlelight Floral Design. The flowers at our wedding were exactly what I had imagined. They have a wonderful DIY wedding flowers option. My Mom, almost Mother-In-Law, several bridesmaids and an aunt got to come by their studio with me on the Thursday before the wedding to put together our centerpieces and ceremony decor arrangements. You can bring snacks and wine and it was a really lovely way to kick-off a wedding weekend. On the day of, Melissa and co were there and had everything arranged in plenty of time, including hanging 20 mason jars from the trees the ceremony was to take place under, talk about going the extra mile! They even brought few additional blooms on the day of to make our arrangements really pop. We left the bouquets and boutonnieres up to their expertise and they turned out perfectly, exactly what Melissa & I discussed at our consultation. I would highly recommend Candlelight to any bride!!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah, we looked at the photos of your wedding on Twitter a few days ago and everything looked just magical. We loved working with you and anything you ever need, anything, please just call.

Super nice people! DIY session was so much fun and such a good idea!! They will definitely be my go-to florist!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Thank you! We're here for you!

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2014

Chris and Melissa are wonderful to work with. They are two of the kindest people I have ever met, and their floral designs are lovely. I was pretty clueless about floral arrangements, and but Melissa walked me through the process and came up with fabulous designs. Everyone commented on the flowers, especially the centerpieces and my bridal bouquet. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for calm, professional, and friendly florists!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Thank you so much for the review. Melissa is far more calm than Chris - I assure you :) You are why we love working on weddings!

Christina D. · Married on 03/15/2014

Candlelight Designs did a wonderful job with our wedding flowers! They constructed a beautiful moss wreath and archway for our wedding along with all the usual bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages and all for a very reasonable price! We had a woodland themed wedding and they took our theme and just ran with it! It was absolutely perfect and phenomenally beautiful! Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Hi Christina, you chose a perfect venue for the moss wreath, and what a great opportunity to do something completely different and fun for us too. We love it when people come to us and say 'I have this idea and I'm not sure how its going to work..." The fun is in figuring it out. You guys are so much fun to work with.

Bonnie · Married on 07/20/2013

Melissa and Chris were wonderful to work with! They exceeded my expectations with regard to not only the floral arrangements and bouquets, but with additional special touches. My daughter and her new husband are big Harry Potter fans, and Melissa was able to recreate the magic of floating candles by hanging about 40 lighted votives at different heights above the dance floor. It was beautiful! Melissa also invited the bride, her bridal party and friends (and Mom!) to her studio 2 days before the wedding for a wine and cheese arranging party. We actually made the bridal party's bouquets as well as half of the table arrangements. With Melissa's expert assistance! Everything about our experience with Candlelight Floral Designs was outstanding!!

Bonnie (Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 07/25/2013

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Bonnie - you're so lovely. Thank you for your kind words. Chris and Melissa.

Kim · Married on 09/22/2012

Melissa was just wonderful! I had my wedding at Milton Ridge and she provided all of the flower and décor. I really have no design taste, am terrible with colors and don’t know a lot about flowers. I was able to describe the feeling that I wanted and a few colors and Melissa took that and created beautiful arrangements. I also had a strict budget and Melissa was able to suggest ways to save money. Everything was just beautiful and I highly recommend Melissa!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Kim, it was our pleasure to help. Your wedding was stunning.

Anna · Married on 05/26/2012

As a recent bride and as a wedding photographer, I've LOVED working with Candlelight! Melissa from Candlelight is beyond talented and creative - her designs are flawless! As a wedding photographer, I've photographed her bouquets and arrangements many times, and it's always magazine-ready and swoon-worthy! As a bride, I actually didn't know much about flowers, so I showed Melissa photos of a few bouquets I liked the overall look of - nothing in particular, none of them quite similar, just the overall look. She took time to help me figure out what blooms I loved (peonies and garden roses!) and then knew just what would compliment those blooms well. It was like she read my mind - she's extremely knowledgeable, patient, devoted, sweet, and passionate! On the wedding day, I was AMAZED by the arrangements, just breathtaking! The Knot Magazine thought so too! They published my bridal bouquet, which Melissa beautifully designed, in a recent issue! It was so exciting, and a reflection of how amazing Candlelight Floral Designs truly is!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Anna...we miss you when we don't see you around at weddings. Your photography is incredible and you are credit to your art. Anna Kerns everyone...look her up! http://www.annakerns.com/

Caren · Married on 08/06/2011

I can't say enough positive things about my wedding flowers. And others still talk about them to this day (almost a year later!) I had a very specific flower and style that I wanted for my wedding flowers. The color was also very specific. As was our budget. Melissa at Candlelight went above and beyond to work within our budget and adjusted things as I requested to create the most perfect floral bouquets and centerpieces for our day. I was not sure what to expect, as the consultation did not include samples of her work, but when all was said and done I could not have been more pleased with the flowers. Some of my favorite photos from our wedding are ones with my bouquet!! She did an amazing job and I recommend Candlelight designs to even the pickiest of brides. The website/portfolio does not do her work justice.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We've learned from this experience and are trying to update our portfolio as often as possible. Also check our Facebook page for more frequent updates. Thanks again!

Candlelight was so great to work with! They were so easy and flexible with what I wanted. When I came in for my consult, I had a very vague idea of what I wanted, and Melissa came up with centerpieces and bouquets that were even more amazing than I could ever have imagined! They were also flexible when I changed a few things just days before my wedding. Everyone raved about how gorgeous my flowers were and they were just wonderful throughout the entire planning process!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Anne · Married on 05/25/2015

Melissa and her colleagues were great to work with! She was recommended by one of our vendors so we met with her. I had no real concrete idea for the flowers at my wedding other than wanting tulips in my bouquet and wanting it to look nice and fit with the season. She was able to take my rather vague idea and turn it into beautiful centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages. I could not have been happier on the day of my wedding when I saw how beautiful everything was. Melissa was also incredibly flexible from pricing to adding last minute requests. She allowed us to make as many changes to the original quote as we wanted without penalty. I also realized on the day of the wedding (4 hrs before), I had made an error when I gave her the number of corsages and boutonnieres that would be needed. Without even hesitating, Melissa ran back to her shop and made one of each and had them back in time for the ceremony. I was incredibly happy with everything she provided and all my guests commented on the beautiful flowers. The pricing for everything we received was incredibly reasonable. Melissa understands that a wedding should not break the bank. I highly recommend Melissa and her business. If you work with her, you will not regret it!

Sent on 06/08/2015

I wish I could give you all a 5/5, but had a little issue with a few of the flowers. First, they were absolutely gorgeous bouquets. I was really impressed with mine and the bridesmaids. I was also impressed on the simple, but elegant pew flowers. The three wrist corsages from the moms and my aunt were breathtaking, but they fell off the wrist bands within 15 minutes of being on. I also was impressed with the boutineers if they didn't break with the first movement of your arm. The flower was delicate, but maybe a little extra backing or a small stick of some sort for support would have been beneficial. 5 out of 6 of these broke during putting them on for the first photos. I loved the tulips for reception, but wish they were more tight in the jars maybe a few more. Overall my emails were answered within timely manner and I was highly impressed with Chris the owner calling me the day after the wedding asking what happened. I would recommend this company, but I would also recommend asking for Chris or his awesome wife. Thanks guys,
    Kelly and Mark 5/16/2015

Sent on 06/18/2015
  • amanda.m.blanchette

Amanda · Married on 05/15/2015

AMAZING FLOWERS! Melissa hit the nail on the head with exactly what I wanted with our wedding flowers and they were gorgeous. We received so many compliments throughout the day on the flowers and the decor. The Popples were great to work with and made the wedding process effortless. Reasonably priced and above and beyond work.. so thrilled with Candlelight Floal Designs!

Sent on 05/27/2015

We decided on the DIY Party at Candlelight Floral Designs after speaking with Chris at a Ceresville Tasting event. Essentially, CFD provided the materials and expertise (via Melissa, who was great!) and taught my bridesmaids and I how to made the bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnieres. Not only was this a great way to save on costs, but it was done the Thursday prior to the wedding and a really FUN way to kick off the wedding weekend! They truly turned out stunning and I couldn’t have been happier. Both Chris and Melissa truly went out of their way to make sure I was happy with everything, and I really was! Separately from the DIY Party, I also ordered two alter pieces from CFD. Tey were exquisite and completely captured my vision of how I wanted everything to look (even with a last minute change!). Overally, I would absolutely recommend CFD due to the value, quality, and fun it added to our wedding experience!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Ashton · Married on 09/12/2014

We really enjoyed working with Candlelight Floral Designs. We really didn't have any idea what we wanted to do with regards to flowers and they helped us come up with some ideas that were simple and looked gorgeous. All of the bouquets were stunning. They really know what they are doing and take pride in their work!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 08/03/2013

Melissa & Chris were fantastic!! I met Chris at a bridal show and immediately saw the design I had been looking for at his table. I even took pictures and pinned the displays on Pinterest! I met with Melissa at their studio to discuss what I was looking for. We browsed through my 50+ pins and she could see what I had envisioned for the bouquet and centerpieces. She had great ideas to coordinate the boutonnieres, bouquets & centerpieces. I wasn't sure what the final product would look like, but had confidence it would be great. When Chris arrived at the hotel on the wedding day I was stunned how beautiful the bouquets turned out. The centerpieces and flower decor at the reception was equally fantastic. With that day being such a whirlwind I didn't get to really appreciate how beautiful and detailed all the arrangements were until I looked at the pictures later. I had many compliments on the designs and colors. They did such a great job! Big thanks to Melissa & Chris on a fantastic job!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Candlelight Floral Designs, Event and Floral Design's reply:

Melissa! :) We always ask people not just to bring one picture for us to copy, but bring 1000's so we can see your style and the look/feel that you're going for. It is always an honor to deliver flowers to weddings, that part of our job is the best thing ever. Smiling faces, happy days/ Thank you for allowing us to be a part of everything.
    Chris and Melissa