Brookfield Wedding Cakes Reviews

49 | Brookfield, WI

49 Reviews for Brookfield Wedding Cakes

Katie · Married on 05/28/2011

We looked long and hard for a great wedding cake, and when we tasted Susan's buttercream frosting, we knew our search was over. She was very helpful as we designed our perfect cake, and when we approached her with our creative cake toppers (legos), she was more than willing to make it work. Her cake is by far, the best I have ever tasted. To prove it, we had little more than our topper leftover after the wedding, and even my grandma went back for thirds! :)

Sent on 06/03/2011

Leah · Married on 10/09/2010

Susan of Brookfield Wedding Cakes put together an amazing wedding cake for us! She really listened to our ideas, and made a delicious cake that looked absolutely beautiful. Delicious, affordable and incredibly talented! Thanks, Susan!

Sent on 03/27/2011

Jessie · Married on 08/07/2010

Susan....thank you, thank you. Our wedding cake was delicious and beautiful. It was even better than I remember from the cake tasting.

Sent on 08/18/2010

Diana · Married on 06/04/2010

Let me tell you that…chocolate and lemon cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting was indeed a perfect match! Not only was our cake beautiful, it was simply and irresistibly Delicious!! Susan was always quick to return my calls and very accommodating. We had fun at the cake tasting and designing the cake seemed so effortless for her. I took in a picture in of what I was looking for and she was able to design it exactly how I wanted it. Susan even delivered the cake herself and placed the flowers from my florist on the cake. We received a lot of compliments on not only how Beautiful it was, but how DELICIOUS it tasted! Wedding cakes are pricey in general, but you really get what you pay for here, True Quality and Great Taste!! I highly recommend Brookfield Wedding Cakes!!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Annie · Married on 10/03/2009

Wow- Susan really did a great job. Her prices compared to other vendors in the area is astounding and the quality of the cake is fantastic. I know that some people are hesitant as there is a $25 tasting fee- however, if you decide to book her (and once tasting the cakes you will) that $25 is applied toward the cost of your cake.

Sent on 10/27/2009

Kelsey · Married on 06/20/2009

Wonderful wedding cake!!! I couldn't imagine going anywhere else! The cake was delicious and she even did a special grooms cake that exceeded my expectations and was a wonderful surprise for my new husband!!! I would love to attend another wedding with a delicious Brookfield Wedding Cake. Very easy to work with also.

Sent on 07/06/2009
  • Q

Jenae · Married on 08/09/2008

My cake was absolutely beautiful. Susan did an amazing job and she was great to work with. Her cakes tastes just a amazing as it looks. My husband has never liked chocolate cake, but loved theirs. We had the tuxedo cake with rasberry filling. I can't wait to have more on our one year anniversary. She is very popular so you need to book her as soon as you know your date.

Sent on 08/27/2008

Heather · Married on 06/14/2008

Awesome cake, great price, we had a lemon poppy top with raspberry filling and a chocolate bottom. Yum!

Sent on 08/24/2008

Jaime · Married on 06/03/2008

best cake around. i worked for a catering service and tried them all. this is by far one of the best!

Sent on 12/29/2008

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2006

Susan, at Brookfield Wedding Cakes is wonderful. If you check out the website, she was rated in "The Knot" magazine (Best of 2007) as having the "Best cakes in the Midwest". Susan and her husband run their business right out of their home. They are VERY professional, and were great to work with..better yet, prices are very comparable to other places.I was able to draw the type of cake I wanted, Susan made the cake and delivered it on our wedding day....it was what I wanted to a tee. Even better..it was SO GOOD! We got many compliments on our cake, both for the taste and the design. Rated a 5 in all areas!

Sent on 03/06/2008

Amanda · Married on 05/29/2011

Susan worked with us to give us exactly what we were looking for - We were hooked from our initial cake tasting. We chose the tuxedo cake with cheese & cherry filling and received so many compliments that we didn't have any extras to take home !

Sent on 06/22/2011

Kristin · Married on 07/30/2010

Brookfield wedding cakes was excellent. I was very impressed with the end design of my cake, as it was something Susan had never done before. The cake was within my budget and looked beautiful. No flaws. The only reason I gave 4.5/5 on responsiveness is because Susan doesn't respond to email - only phone calls. No huge problem, but would be nice. :)

Sent on 08/24/2010

Jen · Married on 10/04/2008

Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning AND delicious! Brookfield Wedding Cakes did a wonderful job, and the value was fantastic. A year later, the cake was still amazing!

Sent on 11/16/2009

Sara · Married on 03/31/2007

This was by far the most amazing cake ever. She did a beautiful job decorating, showed up when she said she would, and just did an overall amazing job. I wish she did birthday cakes because I would drive up there from Kenosha for every birthday we had in our family...Would not recommend anyone else!!!

Sent on 04/08/2008
  • User2036048 · 2+ years ago

The cake is the most delicious wedding cake you will ever have, and the designs are beautiful. I would recommend Brookfield Wedding Cakes to anybody getting married! Very professional and your guests will be raving about the cake.

One odd piece of advice I have is that the ribbon colors will look different when you see them in the basement on the day of your tasting than they will if your reception venue has natural light. The ribbon we chose ended up looking totally different the day of the wedding - if possible take it outside and look at it before selecting.

Sent on 08/20/2012
  • Y

Emily · Married on 05/16/2009

We were so amazed by the quality of this cake. Not only was it beautiful, it was SO tasty! Anytime I called them with a request they were always quick to return my calls and very accomodating. I took a picture in of what I wanted my cake to look like - and it looked exactly like the photo. No cake wrecks here! Wedding cakes are pricey in general, but you really get what you pay for here. We also needed to return a cake board after the wedding, which was kind of an annoyance, but we didn't want to be charged extra for it so we just had my parents drop it off. Would totally recommend this vendor to anyone!

Sent on 06/02/2009

Kimberly · Married on 08/23/2008

The "Brookfield Cake Lady" Knows what she is doing. Her cake is perfect, and she has sooo much experience with what works and what does not. A+++

Sent on 10/29/2008

Michele · Married on 06/20/2008

She was wondering and even though she had two wedding on the day of mine she still got us our cake and it was beautiful...and it tasted amazing too!

Sent on 07/15/2008

Erin · Married on 06/30/2007

The cake we had was stunning! We had the present cake (shaped like presents). I actually booked them at a bridal show at the Phister Hotel in Milwaukee. They were very helpful and genuine people. We got the carrot cake, and usually it comes with nuts, but I didn't want nuts, and they were more than willing to make it that way. Many compliments on the taste and look of the cake.

Sent on 07/07/2008

Tracy · Married on 09/29/2007

This is absoluetely the best cake ever and they let me change the cake design late in the game.

Sent on 01/12/2008

Jennifer · Married on 07/16/2011

3.0

GREAT! Even my brother, who hates cake and generally refuses to eat it at weddings, was gushing over how fantastic our cake was. We learned about Susan when we attended a collleagues wedding before we were even engaged and we didn't think about considering anyone else. Two weeks before the wedding, I left multiple messages that weren't returned to try to arrange final payment and delivery of our cake toppers, but my fiancee just paid her an unannounced visit and she was very gracious to meet with him and finalize the details.
    The cake looked great and people loved it. We can't wait to have our anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/25/2011

Tracy · Married on 09/29/2007

3.8
      3.0

Best wedding cake I have ever eaten.

Sent on 04/29/2008

3.6
      3.0

Cake was absolutely excellent and it looked incredible! Our florist added flowers to it and made it look amazing. The frosting on the cake is unfortunately a bit on the sweet side. When we asked them to make it semi-sweet, we were told that it is not possible. Either way, we recommend a tasting to see for yourselves. I would recommend this vendor, but I definitely would try out two more to compare with. Unfortunately, we did not have the luxury to compare with others, so we cannot say if they were the best. Nevertheless, we were highly satisfied in the end and have no regrets.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Megan · Married on 09/10/2011

3.6
      3.0

This couple works our of their basement - don't be swayed by this. The cake was actually wonderful. I can't wait for the 1 year anniversary so we can have more of it.

Sent on 10/01/2011