183 Reviews for BEAUTIFUL FACES

Licensed (2)
Textured Styling (2)
Tattoo Coverage (1)
183 BEAUTIFUL FACES Reviews

Who's the pickiest of them all? ME. Janis, Amanda and her assistant were absolutely outstanding! We had five bridesmaids, three flowergirls, two mothers of the bride and of course me (the bride!) and they all were professional, did excellent work and brought an amazing energy to our morning!
All three showed up very promptly, set up exactly how they needed to and were ready before our pre-determined start time. Every single one of the girls were beyond happy with their hair and makeup looks. Each one of us had a different style and they nailed each one! We had some people in our party who had never worn makeup or had never had their hair done and Janis and Amanda were very gentle, reassuring and helpful.
Five stars was no question to me. Janis and Amanda are incredible and any bride would be lucky to have them as apart of their day! Thank you ladies!!

Profile Picture Emily, 7/14/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Janis and Amanda were the perfect fit for my bridal party from start to finish. From the trial alone, I knew they would be great to work to with. Janis is like a mind reader – she knows exactly what you want sometimes before you tell her! Amanda is also a dream, I completely changed my mind from my trial day hairstyle. Amanda made my new style even better on the day of the wedding! Highly recommend Beautiful Faces!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I am very happy I picked Beautiful Faces for my big day. Between my family and friends, it was a group of ladies who wear little to no hair/makeup on a daily basis, and Janis/Amanda made them all look like movie stars! Janis/Amanda was so flexible and accommodating to all requests from the picky ladies to those that were open to Janis/Amanda designing on the spot. With most of the group not being too accustom to the process, Janis has a technique where she explains what she is doing along the way, easing the nerves and teaching in the process. She has an extremely comprehensive makeup arsenal picking the best shades for each lady. All this while Amanda was connecting with all the bridal party on a personal level, creating a casual slumber-party like atmosphere perfect for getting ready on your wedding day! Overall these talented ladies took my goal of natural and polished and blew it out of the water with a professional demeanor and reasonable pricing.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/21/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Janis is by far the most AMAZING person all around!! Not only is she amazing at her job, she cares about her clients and their lives! She even reached out to me after the wedding to see how everything went, which is something she didn’t have to do. She did myself and my 5 bridesmaids and we all looked beyond stunning. I cannot begin to explain with words how amazingly beautiful I felt! All thanks to Janis and her amazing staff, all of our hair and makeup came out flawless! Thank you guys! I am recommending you to anyone and everyone I know!

Profile Picture Brandi, 3/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married February 11, 2018 and I worked with Janis for makeup and Amanda for hair. It was an absolute dream. I didn't end up doing a trial for time and because I just wanted my hair down and simple and I wanted natural-looking makeup. I was really clear about what I wanted in pictures with Janis and Amanda and they were very responsive via email, confirming that everything would be great. Beautiful Faces is affordable and everyone in my bridal party felt beautiful and great. It was also a rainy, cold winter day, but our hair and makeup stayed PERFECT throughout (still don't know what Amanda put in my curly hair to make it stay so nice). But I highly recommend Beautiful Faces. You won't regret it.

Profile Picture Dani, 2/11/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

When I met Janis, it was like walking into family. She did a PHENOMENAL job on our wedding! My bridesmaids looked so beautiful and she made my mother feel so amazing! She bent over backwards for us and when ever I had any questions or concerns, she was right there to answer them for me. She even designed a look just for me to I stood out at our wedding! She worked my stylist Matthew and he fell in love with her just as much as I did! Her makeup is top notch and she is so clean with her brushes! Her assistant Morgan was very helpful the day of the wedding and they made the day so much fun! I would hire Janis again in a heartbeat. I'm sad my wedding is over because I just want to keep seeing her!
-Mrs. Nawotny

Profile Picture Allison, 12/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage

I run a corporate events business so I had a unique perspective on wedding planning. I cared a lot about certain things that most brides don’t care about, and not at all about others. Janis was fabulous to work with. Her team did both hair and makeup for me, my 6 bridesmaids, and another 6 family members. It was hectic getting ready and I shouldn’t have trusted her timeline that we could stick to 30 minutes per person for both hair and makeup. I assume the delay was because of my guests running a few minutes late or not knowing what they wanted because both Janis and Amanda are incredibly efficient (but do learn from my mistake and budget more time than 30 minutes each if you have a large group).

I didn’t want a ton of makeup because I wanted to look like myself, and Janis was great about checking in with me and making sure I had the look I wanted. She even special ordered a pair of ridiculously lightweight faux lashes because I didn’t want them to be too much. The wedding party all looked fantastic, but what is often overlooked is that everyone’s hair and makeup lasted all day. Janis and Amanda made sure to use enough pins and hairspray and setting powder or whatever so that everyone looked great from noon to 11pm. Janis also left each one of us a lip gloss to reapply that as needed.

I did 2 trials with Janis and one with Amanda before the big day and couldn’t have been happier with my look. They were great to be around while getting ready and were reasonably priced. Highly recommend them both!

Profile Picture Victoria, 11/18/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Blowouts, Updos/Styling

It was the most amazing experience .
Janis told me that my look would be absolutely stunning and my husband was so pleased. She cares to do the very best for each of her clients. Thank you so very much. Linda Daughtry

Photo for BEAUTIFUL FACES Review - Beautiful headband added
Photo for BEAUTIFUL FACES Review - Stunning bride by Janis
Profile Picture Linda , 11/13/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Janis and Amanda were phenomenal to work with. We stayed on time, had great laughs and looked amazing all night. Thank you ladies

Profile Picture Anonymous , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I can not express enough how beautiful I felt on my wedding day thanks to Janis and Amanda! They gave me and all my girls the perfect look for my wedding. Janis was the most kind hearted women and she reassured me every step of the way with my wedding look. Amanda did an AMAZING job on my hair. I have had so many updo's that have not turned out great and always end up frizzy and loose. My hair and makeup lasted with dancing all night long! Their prices were great too, with having my wedding in Boston costs were high but I was so happy to find such an amazing team at a great price.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We were so happy working with Danielle (hair) and Deidra (makeup) for our October 2017 wedding. From the beginning, Janis, Danielle, and Deidra were very responsive, communicating regularly about different looks and plans for the wedding. They made us feel so comfortable, listening to our requests for soft makeup and simple, lightly curled hair. Danielle and Deidra were very easy going (even when they arrived at our hotel at 6am the day of the wedding!), helping all the girls relax and enjoy the morning together.

As someone who doesn't usually wear any makeup, Deidra was amazing in making me feel comfortable in my own skin. I actually did two makeup trials with Deidra (the second of which she came to my apartment!), and felt very confident with the natural look we ended up going with. Deidra did an amazing job listening to the desires of all the girls - some of which wanted false lashes, others which wanted just mascara - and made everyone feel their best.

Danielle was an all star for our wedding. She brought an assistant to help with the initial curling of the hair, but didn't charge us anything extra. Danielle was also very flexible, taking on an additional three ladies who hadn't planned on getting their hair done, and still finished before schedule.

I would highly recommend Beautiful Faces, especially Danielle and Deidra, if you are looking for professionalism and attention to detail with your wedding hair and makeup!

Profile Picture Em, 10/21/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Amazing job! Prompt, easy to work with, and most importantly made us all look GREAT. Even took great care of my mom - subtle makeup and hair blowout that she felt comfortable with and looked awesome!

Profile Picture Alison, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

I am so happy that Janis was recommended to me! I can't thank her enough for helping me, my mother and my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful on such a special day. Janis is a true artist and was so helpful and flexible - even accommodating doing the make-up of a bridesmaid at the last minute!

Profile Picture Natazia, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Makeup

I could not have been any happier with the outcome of my makeup done by Janis! As someone who never wears makeup , I was incredibly nervous after the makeup trial. Janis worked with me and tried several different approaches to make sure I was comfortable and totally pleased on my wedding day. She also has an amazing, warming personality and keeps you smiling and laughing through it all. After meeting Janis for 5 mins you feel like you have known her a lifetime! She is very talented and highly recommended.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle, our makeup artist, and Beautiful Faces by Janis made my wife and I look amazing on our wedding day!! We met with Michelle 4 months before our wedding for our makeup trial, we highly encourage you to have a trial. As a Bride you may think by showing up the day of the wedding the makeup artist can do their thing but in most cases not. Not only does the trial give you a sense of what your makeup will look like the 'day of' but also a sense of security and confidence in what to expect. In our case both my wife and I do not wear makeup, so it was crucial that we look like ourselves and not fake. This is where Michelle really nailed it because she made us look like ourselves and none of the makeup wore off with our happy tears = ) Not only did Michelle show up on time but she finished early, seriously! We couldn't have imagined working with anyone else. Janis, Michelle, and her team are true professionals and I promise you will not regret it!! We also recommend working with Alecia from Salon Bella Vita for hair. We hired her through Janis so be sure to request her.

Profile Picture Mrs. , 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

I hired Janis for my New Years even wedding and I could not have been happier! She is extremely professional, kind and talented. The second I stepped into her studio for a trial I knew I had found someone who would do a great job and I would feel comfortable with. I felt beautiful and confident on my wedding day thanks to Janis- What more could you ask for?

She was referred to me by a coworker and after my wedding 2 of my bridesmaid hired her for their future weddings! referrals are the best compliments and speak for themselves!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

They girls did an amazing job. My hair was great at my trial but the day of wasn't what I was looking for. So they rid did it twice until it was perfect. My makeup was simple and perfect. What I loved most was the attention that all my bridesmaids looked their best too. From minimal make up to full make-up they did a great job. Highest praise!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling

I am so happy I went with Beautiful Faces for my wedding on August 5th, 2017. I could not have asked for a better hair or makeup artist for the big day! My ladies and I felt absolutely beautiful. Not only did Deidra Lofton (makeup artist) and Jenn Brown (hair stylist) listen to exactly what each of us wanted, but they finished way ahead of schedule! They even brought along a playlist, which helped us stay relaxed and have fun while getting ready. Thank you for being such a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

When I inquired with Janis About doing my bridal party's makeup before my wedding she was extremely responsive and answered all of my questions quickly. At my trial she experimented with a number of different products to make sure I was 100% satisfied with my makeup. She made the trial so much fun and even served delicious homemade muffins! The day of my wedding, she and her assistant did makeup for myself, my five bridesmaids, and my mom. Everyone loved their makeup and she was able to tailor to everyone's requests and personal styles. Even my mom, who never wears makeup, loved how it turned out! Janis is so talented and it's obvious that she loves what she does. The whole experience was even better than I'd hoped!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

I am extremely happy that I chose Beautiful Faces for make-up for my wedding. Janis responded immediately to my first inquiry email, and she was very professional in all of our communications. She set me up with a make-up artist (Carla) very quickly, and it was very easy to set everything up with her!

Carla was awesome to work with, and I would definitely recommend her to other brides! During my trial, she was extremely patient with me as I was very indecisive as to how much make-up I really wanted for my wedding (my usual make-up is pretty minimal). The trial was definitely helpful for figuring out the right shades of make-up and the amount of glamour I wanted, so that on the actual wedding day, I felt extremely comfortable with letting Carla just do her magic! I was extremely happy with my wedding day make-up; I felt beautiful and felt confident the entire evening. The make-up lasted all night, and I did not have to reapply any lip color, thanks to the lip stain! Carla also did make-up for my mom and for four bridesmaids; their make-up also looked great!

Thanks, Janis and Carla!

Profile Picture M, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

When I began planning my July 2017 wedding during the fall of 2016, I felt overwhelmed. I was living in northern NH, planning for a wedding on the South Shore of Boston. I didn't know any vendors in the area, never mind the quality of the work from vendors I found during hours of online searches. I turned to my bridesmaids who knew a thing or two about planning weddings, and one of them recommended Beautiful Faces! I immediately contacted Janis and felt so comfortable and confident that she and her team would be a wonderful fit! I scheduled my hair and makeup trial for February 2017, and when I went Janis and Amanda were both so welcoming and receptive to my ideas. I didn't feel rushed at all, and they worked with me until I felt like my hair and makeup were exactly what I wanted for my wedding day!

Leading up to my wedding day, we kept in contact to make sure everything was all set! Janis sent me a very clearly outlined contract, so that there were no gray areas or surprises. I knew exactly what I was getting and exactly how much it would cost! I loved that, because it helped my planning go so smoothly! On my wedding day, Janis and Amanda came right to the hotel where my bridal party was getting ready and they really felt like family being there! They came early so that there was plenty of time and nobody felt rushed! They did an amazing job and my makeup and hair lasted the whole afternoon and evening! Even after dancing, kissing, pictures in 80 degree sun/heat, my makeup and hair didn't move, yet it felt so comfortable and natural! I cannot say enough great things about Janis and Amanda! I highly recommend Beautiful Faces to anyone looking for a makeup artist and hairstylist who become truly invested in your wedding and will do everything to make sure you feel 100% beautiful and yourself on your wedding day!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough about the incredible job Lindsay and Krista did for my wedding!!!!! Myself, 6 bridesmaids and 2 moms were all done with absolute perfection and care. Lindsay and Krista stayed with my bridal party til the very end of "getting ready time" and did not rush us the least bit! I was very upset that my hair dresser rushed us all and left so quickly and Lindsay and Krista made me feel SO much better. Not only are they incredibly talented but they are professional AND fun to be with the morning of! Lindsay made me feel the most beautiful I have ever felt. It was so evident how much these girls love what they do and that instantly but myself (an anxious bride) right at ease! I would recommend these girls and Makeup by Janis to absolute anyone who is looking for a trustworthy, professional, fun and caring makeup artist! I cannot thank these girls enough!!!

Profile Picture Ariana, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

From the moment I did the trial, I knew I wanted Janis and Amanda to do our hair and makeup for my wedding day. They are both so knowledge, kind, and amazing at what they do. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and that is all thanks to them. Not only did I get compliments on my hair and makeup, but my bridesmaids as well, everyone looked amazing! Amanda even came up with a great idea for what to do with my moms hair. She absolutely loved it, and is still raving about it. On the wedding day, they arrived early to set up, stayed right within the timeline, and kept us all smiling and laughing the entire time. If you are looking for the best hair and makeup for your wedding day, look no farther!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/24/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Michelle is absolutely amazing!! She is so incredibly talented and such a sweetheart! During my make up trail, Michelle asked for my opinion throughout the process and made it clear she was dedicated to making sure I loved my look. I was blown away by how beautiful I looked and felt! On my wedding day, Michelle worked her magic again! My mom, mother-in-law, bridesmaids, and I looked and felt stunning! She is kind, patient, and extremely skilled. I am so grateful for Michelle! She made my fairytale wedding come alive

Profile Picture Michela, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews