Accents and Petals Reviews

13 | Washington, DC

13 Reviews for Accents and Petals

13 Accents and Petals Reviews

Heidi · Married on 07/10/2016

When I first laid eyes on these florals online, I was taken aback....they were the perfect 'look' for my daughter's wedding. She had originally wanted a 'brooch bouquet' and once we looked into it, it seemed impractical. My daughter mentioned that Yanni's florals resembled the brooch bouquets we had seen. The only concern was taking the leap of faith and ordering something so far away, and for an occasion (a WEDDING!) that is very important to "get right". Yanni seemed very sweet over email, and the reviews were fantastic. The pricing was amazing....almost hard to believe. So, we went ahead and decided to go for it. What a great decision it turned out to be!!!

Yanni will be 'quiet' for a period of time....no worries, she is working away, creating something beautiful, don't worry! I checked in from time to time and she sent pictures of the corsages and bouts. I began to relax and believe she was going to create something beautiful with the bouquets. We received the florals today (the shipping was only about 3-4 days), and I was a little nervous opening the box. I shouldn't have been. The packaging was very carefully done, everything was there and perfect!! There was even a little bag of about 20 "left over" loose roses. I plan to create a little wreath for my daughter and her husband.

I cannot say enough about these florals. DO NOT HESITATE TO MAKE THIS DECISION. You will not regret it. These flowers will last your whole life....they will be a beautiful reminder of your lovely day. THANK YOU so much for offering your skills and artistry to others, Yanni! These florals will be enjoyed and talked about all day, I'm sure! The wedding is in 3 weeks, and we can hardly wait to pin these on everyone. If I could give you 10 stars, I would. :-)

Yanni at Accents and Petals is amazing and talented. Her bouquets on her website are somehow even more amazing in person. I am doing a woodsy pinecone filled outdoor wedding so I was thrilled with having wood and paper bouquets with pinecones incorporated into them. I (like many in the US) was hesitant with ordering bouquets from oversees, but I figured that I hadn't read a negative review about her so I had to go for it and cannot imagine my wedding day without these bouquets. I only ordered bouquets, bouts, and corsages because I wasn't going to have flowers incorporated into anything else but I think they'd be great in a centerpiece and an awesome conversation topic. The value of these flowers vs. real flowers was a huge added bonus and not paying $1000s of dollars for real flowers that will be dead by the time my honeymoon is over. I am thrilled to have a centerpiece for my table in the form of my bridal bouquet that can remind us of our wedding day everyday.

I didnt know what to expect as far as communication with her since she's located so far away. Due to time difference and such it sometimes takes a couple days to hear back from her, but for the most part it was immediate. And she sends photos of everything as she completes it in case you need to change anything...I never had to change anything cause her work is too amazing to find anything to critique.

Anyone not 100% set on real flowers should definitely consider these. They don't look cheap or fake and she can bouquets in any colors- ours are shades of brown and ivory and better than any real life brown flowers would be! I've never reviewed things on here before, but am more than happy to contribute to getting Yanni more business! THANKS YANNI!

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

A friend had these flowers for her wedding, so I decided to check them out. I fell in love! I bought several packages of loose, stemless flowers in different colors and styles to use for "scatter" on the tables. I just received the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres yesterday and they are so beautiful! My bouquet and my maid of honor bouquet were made with completely different colors, per my request and they are perfect. The package arrived 53 days before the wedding (thanks Weddingwire countdown) and was so carefully packed. It took me 5 minutes to get into the box--no exaggeration! The flowers were all wrapped very well in bubble wrap and the whole packaged was double boxed. I highly recommend.

Becky · Married on 05/30/2015

So my maid of honor found these flowers on Pintrest and I was in love with them. They are made of of wood! The colors were awesome and they were so unique. I was VERY scared to order something from overseas, but I ended up finding reviews here on Weddingwire and actually messaged a couple people just to see if the reviews were legit. I spend WAY less money than for real flowers and I get to keep them forever! I was very impressed with the quality of them. Yanni was great to work with. I even added on an extra bouquet for my flower girl last minute and she got it done and still send them on time. You can message Yanni and she will find out exactly what you want, then she can quote you on a price. She then works on the order and send pictures 1/2 way through for you to approve. You only pay 1/2 up front as well and pay the 2nd half after she sends you the final pictures of them. The only draw back is that it can take a couple days for Yanni to answer back some emails. If you catch her while she's on email she'll respond back right away though. I can probably attribute that feeling to a culture difference and our generation's expectation of instant response. BEST FLOWERS EVER!

• Kyersten

Kyersten · Married on 05/24/2014

The flowers were BEAUTIFUL!!! I have gotten so many compliments and so many people asking about my vendor. I HIGHLY recommend. She is not terribly responsive to emails (sometimes you have to email her more than once), but more than made up for it by the quick turn-around and amazing quality of product!

Rachel · Married on 04/14/2012

I would, and have, recommend Accents and Petals to every bride! They provide a timeless, unique, and affordable product. They worked with me to customize and meet all my special requests- even sending proofs of the products for comment and review prior to finalization. Shipping does take some time because of international customs- so order way in advance! Responsiveness is great through social media like Facebook messaging, email responses usually happen within a couple of days. I was so very pleased with my wedding flowers I have ordered more flowers for home crafting. :)

• FutureMrsP

Kari · Married on 10/10/2014

3.5

I was initially hesitant to use Accents & Petals because they are located overseas but now I am sure glad that I did.

The flowers came out amazing and I got so many compliments on them.

The only issue I had was that the vendor was not as forthcoming with updates as a new bride-to-be might want.

But when I emailed them they did respond with in 48 hours.

Thank you for the great flowers!

• *Mrs_D*

Caitie · Married on 10/04/2014

3.0

I was hesitant to purchase flowers from Accents & Petals because Yanni is located in the Philippines, but after seeing such raving reviews from other Wedding Wire brides, I decided to take the risk. I am so glad I did.

My flowers turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I got A bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, a toss bouquet, and 15 boutonnieres. Yanni was happy to make changes if I desired any, and sent me picture updates as she made progress on my order. The time it takes for them is worth the wait, but order early- because it DOES take the amount of time Yanni quotes.

Others have said this- Yanni is not the best at communication, but she will get back to you, although sometimes it will take several days and a few follow up emails. I would work with her again in a heartbeat.

Dawn · Married on 10/05/2012

Loved Loved Loved working with Yanni. My flowers are beautiful and exactly what I wanted!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to show them off for my wedding in July :)

Teri · Married on 07/18/2015

3.0

I wanted wooden flowers for my bouquet because my (now husband) got me wooden flowers when we first started dating which I still have. I looked around and accents and petals were the best deal and the most beautiful by far. The fact that she was located overseas made me a little weary, but as long as you abide by her shipping times everything should be fine. The flowers turned out more beautiful than I could imagine! The boutonnieres and corsages were gorgeous as well and really helped pull the whole color scheme together. It was great that this was one of the things I could cross of the wedding to do list early and not have to worry about fresh flower delivery and wilting flowers the day of. They were also CHEAPER than real flowers! And I can keep them forever! Communication was sometimes a little dicey, but again, if you start early this shouldn't be an issue. I highly recommend them!

Stephanie · Married on 05/30/2012

3.0

I wanted to do a something a little different for our wedding and decided not to use fresh or cut flowers. It just seemed like a waste on so many fronts, and quite expensive. I found Accents and Petals on Listia and I was intrigued by the birch wood roses Yanni had listed there. I researched them thoroughly and made the decision to buy my bouquet from her as well as loose flowers, boutonnieres, and flowers on stems. Yanni had no trouble understanding my custom request and was very prompt to start. I got a bit anxious as it got closer to our wedding date because of a lack of communication, but everything worked out well in the end. I believe that Yanni is incredibly talented and has seen a tremendous growth in business. I would have no qualms about ordering your flowers from her; they are beautiful and unique... just order several months in advance so you can avoid the panic I endured.

megan · Married on 08/05/2017

3.8
      1.0

Still haven't recieved my order, I placed 6 months ago. No response from vendor. My wedding is in less than 2 months.. I've sent dozens of emails and am still trying to get ahold of them.

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 09/03/2016

2.4
      2.0
      1.5
      3.5
      1.5

These flowers turned out beautiful, however they arrived 3 days before my wedding when I was told that they would arrive a month before the wedding. I had emailed Yanni several times concerned and got responses every 4 days, and the responses did not make me feel better. The last response I got from her a week before the wedding said "cross your fingers that they arrive before your wedding". I almost had to call back up florists the week of to see if they could accommodate me last minute. I was under so much stress the entire month before my wedding. If you choose to go with these beautiful flowers, I highly suggest lying about your wedding date. If your wedding date is September 3rd, tell her it is July 3rd. I did however get lots and lots of compliments on the flowers, partially because several people knew about my struggle. But they turned out great in the pictures as well!