Aaronstadt Studios Photography Reviews

39 | Portland, OR

39 Reviews for Aaronstadt Studios Photography

Michelle · Married on 09/25/2014

Stephen and Patrice were the best choice I could of made for our photography! They did an amazing job, making us all feel comfortable and relaxed. They work as a team and individuals to make sure all the great shots are captured! They have years of experience and helped the day run smoothly. Their companionship was something I could look forward to in my future with my husband!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Michelle · Married on 02/23/2013

Stephen and Patrice, the owners of Aaronstadt Studios Photography were an absolute joy to work with! We selected them because of the beautiful samples we saw and how warm and funny they were when we met with them. Another thing that was so wonderful was that they helped us plan the flow of the wedding day and because we followed their plan, we got hundreds of fabulous photos! While at the wedding they were funny, kind, and warm. They made us feel so comfortable that we could forget that we were being photographed, which made it so much fun and we ended up with a lot of great pictures! It's obvious that they love what they do and that they have been doing it for years. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to any couple and I will definitely use them for future photography projects.

Sent on 04/28/2013

Kass · Married on 01/01/2013

Stephen and Patrice did a fantastic job with both our engagement and our wedding photography and we could not have been happier! They were innovative and spontaneous, capitalizing on spur of the moment shots which truly captured the spirit of the day. They were both fun and easy to work with and made the day feel very relaxed. In the background, they found time to create incredible still life photos, incorporating our rings, flowers, and other accessories. And the wedding pics turned out amazing!

One thing I thought was unique was that our pre-wedding meeting included a tutorial session on how to make the shots come out better, i.e. how to hold the ring so that your hand doesn’t block the picture of it going onto the finger, where to hold your hands during the first dance so your faces can be seen, etc., VERY helpful, as we wouldn’t have known any of that if they hadn’t shown us!

Sent on 01/20/2013

Megan · Married on 12/30/2012

Stephan and Patrice are an amazing team and did an excellent job at our wedding on Dec 30th, 2012 at the Abernethy Center in Oregon City. Even the guests were commenting how professional and organized they were during the event. Every aspect of the wedding was captured, the final photos far exceeded our expectations and most importantly of all, they made it FUN!\r\nWe first meet with them a few months prior to the wedding. After the first meeting, we knew immediately we had to have them photograph our big day. Stephan and Patrice are very entertaining, very easy to talk to and have lots of great ideas for the big day. They even have tips (such as how to hold the ring) for the best photos.\r\nThe day of the wedding, they arrived right on time and got started right away. During the entire event, we could always count on one of them being nearby when we wanted certain photos with people or locations.\r\nWe highly recommend the team and will be using them for our future photography needs.\r\n

Sent on 01/24/2013

Dana · Married on 11/03/2012

My husband and I would recommend Aaronstadt Studios Photography to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer. One of my favorite things about them is that you are really getting two photographers for the price of one. It was so nice to be able to have a photographer with me and my bridesmaids while I was getting ready, but also a photographer that was with the guys while my husband was getting ready. Stephen and Patrice make a great team. They are a perfect combination of serious and fun! Our pictures turned out great! I can't wait to get them all back. The prices were very reasonable for what we received in our package. My husband has commented several times what wonderful work they do and how great the pictures have turned out. They really are amazing...if anything go to their website and check out some of their blog samples. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Aaronstadt Studios Photography's reply:

Thank you Dana. You and Warren were such a pleaure to work with. That always makes for great pictures. Thank you also for suggesting couples check out our Blog/Sample weddings. We post around 30 images about a half week after the wedding and have been doing that for the last couple of years so there are lots of weddings to see. Those same images are also provided at Facebook size. We hope you took advantage of those. By the way, Stephen is designing your album right now!

these guys were wonderful. they kept our wedding running smoothly and helped to keep us on schedule better than our wedding planner did! i strongly suggest using them. they took beautiful photos of us and kept us laughing and having fun.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Sent on 01/23/2013
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 08/25/2012

Our day was captured gracefully by Stephen & Patrice. As a team they work like a well oiled machine. They don't miss a shot and all their photos were gorgeous!

Sent on 10/19/2013

courtney · Married on 08/24/2012

We love our pictures and can't wait to see the rest!! We hope to work with them again soon!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Aaronstadt Studios Photography's reply:

Thank you Courtney. Maybe we can get together to do a protrait session to celebrate your first year together as husband and wife. I hope you've had a chance by now to print some pictures from both your wedding and photobooth DVD's. I can't think of a better backdrop than Bridal Veil Lakes. You and Danny were just adorable together.

Denise · Married on 07/22/2012

We hired Stephen and Patrice of Aaronstadt photography to photograph our outdoor summer wedding and we couldn’t have been happier with both their service and quality of pictures. They were not only very professional (and experienced!) but so much fun to work with! They are super friendly, helpful, organized, and provide outstanding service. What I especially liked about them is that they provide all sorts of help tips and tricks as you are planning for your wedding & ceremony that really provided a LOT of value. For example, they showed us how to put our wedding rings on each other’s fingers so we could get just the right picture during the ceremony- and it worked! I highly recommend Stephen & Patrice to any couple getting married- you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Aaronstadt Studios Photography's reply:

Thank you Denise for your thoughful review. And thank you for giving us the opportunity to have Mt. Hood in the background of your wedding. We were able to capture it and the two of you putting your rings on just perfectly. You were a joy to spend the day with and we loved your family!

Cara · Married on 02/09/2012

Fabulous husband and wife team. They really like to get to know you to help make your day really personalized to you. They did a great job of getting really nice pictures without being at all disruptive, infact looking back at the pictures I didn't even remember them taking most of them. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/27/2012

Aaronstadt Studios Photography's reply:

Hi Cara, It's our goal to capture as much of the day as possible. The emotions, excitement as well as everything going on that may not catch the bride and grooms attention. Thanks for letting us know we did that for you. By the way, each year we have a drawing for a week in Pueto Vallata at our beachside timeshare for one of our brides and grooms. Cara and Sam were 2012 winners and had a great time. You can read their comments on the Aaronstadt Facebook page. Our next drawing takes place Valentines day 2013.
  • Z

Kerri · Married on 08/07/2011

Stephen and Patrice were absolutely amazing!!! They are very professional, funny and witty which makes working with them so much fun:) The photographs that they took were everything we could have asked for. They were so organized that it made taking pictures on our wedding day a breeze. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a photographer for any occasion! Thank you both so very much for capturing our very special day is so many ways! We both loved working with you.
    Deryk & Kerri Zinser

Sent on 08/27/2011

Aaronstadt Studios Photography's reply:

Hi Kerri & Deryk! Loved your wedding so much we even made a sample album to show couples considering us as photographers and the Ainsworth House as a venue. Long life and happy marriage to you both.

Allison · Married on 08/06/2011

Epitome of Perfection!!! My wedding was August 6, 2011...just a few days ago, and I have already seen 33 pictures (known as teasers) from my wedding. All I can say is...I am in awe of every photo that was shown. The colors are so vivid, and the images are crystal clear. From the first meeting over a year ago, to the actual wedding day, Patrice and Stephen have been the ideal photographers. They are extremely detailed and organized. In addition they very passionate about their work, and truly love what they do. They helped make my day run so smoothly. My husband and I are still commenting on how much we loved our photographers. In fact, everyone in attendance at my wedding expressed how much they admired and enjoyed Stephen and Patrice. I have received several compliments on my choice in photographers. So much that the bestman and groomsman (both whom are engaged) have asked for their information for each of their weddings. Patrice and Stephen of Aaronstadt Studios are terrific wedding photographers! This husband and wife team is experts in customer service. Their knowledge and expertise in photography have given them a competitive edge. They see life through a camera lens, but show you the world in which it was meant to be seen. Their creative, charismatic, and professional demeanor captured our wedding day perfectly. For quality, speed, and accuracy, I highly recommend Aaronstadt Studios for your memorable events!

Sent on 08/12/2011
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 03/26/2011

Aaronstadt did an Amazing job! We got married up at Timberline last spring and we loved all our pictures. They give you pointers before your wedding on how to take good pictures, so they can capture all the important events. They were very organized and we highly recommend them. Plus you get a lot for what you pay for and it's high quality! My advice to all the future brides and grooms is to check them out and follow their timeline planner.

Sent on 12/18/2011

Aaronstadt Studios Photography's reply:

We loved shooting your wedding! And to top off the day we got to capture pictures of you both jumping into the heated swimning pool and relaxing in the hot tub surrounded by snow in your wedding dress and tux! Great end to a perfect day.

Brittany · Married on 12/05/2010

Patrice and Stephen are amazing people to work with. We enjoyed our engagement and formal pictures on the wedding day with them. I'm sure they captured some great moments. I haven't seen the preivew site yet but if they're anything like the engagement pictures I'm sure we will be pleased. I highly recommend them for their skills but also they have such wonderful personalities and are so easy to work with.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Renee · Married on 07/25/2010

Phenomenal photographers!!! Stephen and Patrice are professional and personable. Everyone loved them and still talk about how wonderful they are. They photographed absolutely everything. They took individual pictures of all the couples, families and I think there is a picture of my husband and I with almost every single person who attended our wedding and reception. Since there were two photographers taking pictures, we didn't have to worry about anything being missed. We got prices from several photographers and they are by far the best price. We planned every detail of our wedding and they helped guide us through each phase of the wedding day. We will be using them for all of our photography needs in the future.

Sent on 06/16/2011

Callie · Married on 07/18/2010

My husband and I were married last year, it was everything we could have hoped and dreamed for. I would highly recommend all the vendors we used; Thornewood Castle, Joey Jewell, Bachman’s Flowers and especially Aaronstadt Studios! Stephen and Patrice turned out to be much more than just great photographers. Not only were they professional, but also entertaining and very knowledgeable, providing helpful advice that made the day flow seamlessly. They captured our prefect day giving us magical memories that we can now look back upon through their expert and creative photography! Thank you both so very much!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Julie · Married on 07/03/2010

We liked the one on one interaction with our photographer. We were pleased with the pictures they took. They even helped us with our itinerary, which made our wedding day less stressful!

Sent on 12/18/2011

Aaronstadt Studios Photography's reply:

The big day can be so stressful! We discovered about 500 weddings ago that if the bride and groom are stressed it's going to be a challenge get happy pictures of them. Now we try to share all we've learned over the years to help our couples enjoy their wedding as much as possible. What a difference that has made! Thanks for pointing that out Julie.

Colleen · Married on 06/05/2010

Aaronstadt Studios is AMAZING! Stephen and Patrice work so great together, and included us in every step of the way. Their organization, attention to detail and prep work leading up to the wedding is outstanding. When the big day arrived, we knew the plan and were able to relax and take their lead. They had fun suggestions for the formal shots and captured our silly candid moments too. We also added a photo booth that they offered to our package for during the reception, our guest had so much fun and are still talking about it. Now that the fun and excitement of the wedding is over we now have many memories captured and a beautiful wedding album that we will treasure for a life time.

We found our photographers for life, and plan on having them help us capture all the big events for us that come after marriage. We highly recommend Aaronstadt Studios.

Sent on 01/13/2011

Sheri · Married on 05/01/2010

Stephen and Patrice did excellent work in a professional but fun manner. They took beautiful photos, were very friendly, and worked with us to make sure we got all the major events covered and all the people there photographed. Thanks for helping to make our special day so perfect!

Sent on 05/17/2010

B · Married on 10/03/2009

Stephen and Patrice were wonderful to work with. They were so organized and easy to work with. The day of the wedding they had basically coordinated everything and were a big help throughout the day. It was so great to have two photographers the day of the wedding to know that every image was being captured. You can not go wrong with aaronstadt photography.

Sent on 10/15/2009

Cara · Married on 09/25/2009

Stephen and Patrice were very helpful as we worked through planning out our wedding day. They were very professional and captured every moment. Their sense of humor made smiling over and over again very easy and natural. Our photos were available online at 2 wks after the wedding, as promised and we got our photo DVD a few days after they were available online. Faster than we expected! Worth every penny and would recommend them to any friends getting married in the future

Sent on 10/21/2009

teresa · Married on 06/20/2009

Stephen and Patrice at Aaronstadt's did an excellent job at our son's June 20th,2009 wedding. From the prewedding meeting with the bride and groom to the arrival of the DVD of the wedding photos in under a week after the wedding; they exceeded our expectations. I was impressed with the tone they set for the actual day. They have such a calm and organized approach while capturing fun photos. Photos that captured the solemness of the occasion as well as the joy and happiness of the wedding ceremony and the reception afterwards. I feel like we really got "double" the service, value, and attention without paying double the cost.

Sent on 06/30/2009
  • W

Amber · Married on 03/21/2009

They are an amazing photography company. We highly reccomend them. They took great shots, helped with the timeline of the wedding day and have amazing personalities. Plus they are a great deal, you get two photographers, they meet with you for an hour a few weeks prior to the wedding and help you iron out kinks, they take TONS of photos and got all the shots we wanted and more. We love our photos!!!! Plus they dont make you pay extra to get the rights to your photos. We loved them!!!!!!!!

Sent on 04/21/2009

Kendrick · Married on 03/14/2009

Easily five stars. My wife and I received so many compliments from our family and friends on our photographers. They were well organized, very friendly and personable, non intrusive and very respectful. They provided photos of most if not everyone in attendance and we barely even noticed they were around once the ceremony started, yet they got great close-ups and covered the room nicely since there were two photographers.

There were too many incredible moments that were caught on film to be able to say that we had just one favorite. The “first look” session was pretty special as well as signing the marriage license. They got excellent photos of the venue and the rings and bouquet. There were a couple of great photos of us just prior to eating dinner; I could go on and on. We certainly had a tough time trying to figure out which photos we wanted for our albums and ended up purchasing extras anyhow. I also want to mention that they were very flexible on their schedule and they cooperatively worked with us and the venue staff on the tail-end of the event as there were delays on the special event throughout the reception.

Sent on 05/05/2009