Whitehall Estate

Guest capacity 40 to 350
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 1

About Whitehall Estate

Whitehall Estate is a wedding venue located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Bluemont, Virginia. At this venue, couples and their guests will also be conveniently located near the Washington Dulles International Airport as well as many accommodations and activities to do in the area.

Facilities and Capacity
At the Whitehall Estate, you are welcome to host all aspects of your wedding such as your bridal shower, engagement party, ceremony, and reception. For couples desiring a more intimate elopement, there are also plenty of options for you at the estate as well. There is room for you to enjoy either an indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception with up to 350 of your friends and family. If couples do select an outdoor site for their ceremony or reception, the team can provide you with a backup plan so that you don’t need to worry about your wedding not taking place due to the weather. The bridal party can also request a private bridal suite to get ready in.

At the Whitehall Estate, all inclusive package options are available to make your wedding planning easier. Also, decorations can be taken care of with the estate’s available altar, arches, chairs, furniture, lighting, and tables. Since all couples deserve to spend the entire day celebrating their love story and spending time with their loved ones, the team offers event planning and event rental assistance so that you don’t need to worry about that.

Cuisine
Chef created onsite in our Whitehall Farm Kitchen, we use only the freshest of ingredients in our onsite preparation. There are a variety of styles you can choose from such as Spanish, Italian, Middle Eastern, Southern, and more. Of course, since some couples or guests may have dietary needs, the cuisine team can accommodate those needs as they prepare your meals. Serving and presentation options include:

• Buffet
  • Server(s)
  • Stations
  • Tastings

History
This 200-year-old manor house and area is also filled with a fascinating history. In fact, right across from the estate the “Battle of Snickersville” took place. The mansion survived this Civil War battle back in 1862 and many of its century old trees still stand proudly.

Follow Whitehall Estate on

Whitehall Estate 5
Whitehall Estate 6
Whitehall Estate 7

Kallie · Married on 11/10/2018

I stumbled upon Whitehall Manor after recommendation from a photographer. To say I was blown away by this site is a huge understatement. I immediately contacted Douglas and set up a visit.

That same day we visited multiple site, but nothing compared to Whitehall. I called my parents that afternoon and asked their permission to book the venue. Since we were not able to sign a contract that day, I asked Douglas if we could set up another date for my parents to come out and he had no problem holding our date until that time.

We booked Whitehall for our wedding and the planning took off from there. The venue gives such inspiration and is so beautiful that I knew there wouldn't be too much to do because of the already existing beauty of the property.

I attended my first tasting in 2009. The food was amazing! I sat there with my brother and ran through the entire menu, but we could not make our selection because we really did love everything. During the tasting Douglas came over multiple times to see if we had any questions and to just check in on us. Even during a group tasting, I still felt that I was given personal attention...which I loved.

Since we were unable to decide on our menu, we went to another tasting in the months leading up to the wedding. This time I had my mother, brother and husband with me. Their faces and comments were priceless during the tasting. They were all amazed with the food and the presentation. At the end of the tasting we were able to pick out most of the menu and also decide on table linens.

In the few weeks leading up to the wedding I spoke with Douglas quite often. He was always very responsive to my emails and phone calls and I always felt comfortable making decisions.

The venue the day of my wedding was PERFECT! Thankfully the weather cooperated and we were able to have our ceremony outside. With the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background, the blooming flowers, and the beautiful mansion behind us; it was picture perfect.

From the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception, everything went perfectly. The staff was really on top of it and made all of my guests happy.

I still recieve compliments about the Whitehall and how beautiful of a venue it was for the wedding. All of our family and friends from out of town could not believe that such a place existed. It felt like it was right out of a story book, and I am thankful that I can look back on my wedding and picture myself getting married on the lawn of Whitehall Manor. Just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.

Thank you to everyone from Whitehall for making my wedding day perfect. I could not have asked for a better venue and more beautiful location. AWESOME!

Karen · Married on 10/06/2018

I'll start by saying that I initially emailed Douglas for information at about 7:30pm and he emailed me back in about 30 minutes. Douglas is very responsive, a straight shooter, and accommodating to our vision. He and his chef helped us prepare a completely custom menu for our wedding- we are big foodies- and it was amazing!!! Our guests were very complementary of the food. Their waitstaff was also purely incredible- we were offered drinks and food immediately after the ceremony, they served everyone efficiently, and filled water glasses all evening- which is greatly needed when dancing the night away. We had our ceremony outside at the gazebo, which was beautiful, and had a indoor/outdoor cocktail hour. The fire pit was going during the reception and several people went to chill outside. Everything was fantastic and we cannot recommend Whitehall enough.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Whitehall Estate FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 15.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 350
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 40
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 9
  • Describe your venue: Barn, Mansion, Winery
  • What event services do you offer? All Inclusive Packages, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Wifi
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

Real Weddings

• Amelia Lawrence Weddings
    Amelia Lawrence Weddings Wedding Planners

I have had the privilege of coordinating a wedding at White Hall and as a planner it was a very pleasant experience. Working with Doug was beyond a delight and his serving staff and catering captain was spot on. They all knew exactly what needed to be done, executed and just had tremendously sweet attitudes. They were the perfect team of hard workers but personable and kind. If you are considering booking a wedding here you will not be disappointed! Go for it! The space is lovely and the staff stellar! As a planner, I look forward to being at Whitehall in the future!!

• WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch
    WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch Wedding Officiants

Whitehall Estate has to be the most perfect place for a wedding anyone can possibly imagine. First, the setting is beautiful: with a mountain in the background and rolling, grape-vined yards all around, it smacks you, as you enter through the little town of Bluemont in Loudoun County (you can come either Rt. 7 from Leesburg, or via the Snickersville Pike from Aldie if you want to see the most beautiful road in Virginia), as picture-perfect as you could imagine. Nothing else is going on during your wedding; it is all for you. Every detail of the house is perfect, from the decorating to the cleanliness. If your wedding is outside, the location for the ceremony is shaded by large trees - not a small factor in summer! From Douglas, whom you will feel like you have known all your life from the first moment, to Francisco, the captain, this is a smooth-running, personal "machine" that is near perfection. The owners of Whitehall, Celebrations, are first of all caterers, so you can be assured of an abundance of absolutely excellent food. I love to be asked to officiate a wedding at Whitehall because it is perfect in every way.

• Connie's Cake Creations
    Connie's Cake Creations Wedding Cakes

Historic Whitehall Manor in Bluemont, VA is a lovely reception site and has many photo op areas. There is a large beautifully decorated ballroom which feels intimate whether you're having a small or large wedding. There are two spots outside that brides normally use for their ceremony-one with an arch and one with a gazebo. Doug Armstrong manages the manor and is so easy to work with. Their staff is efficient and the food is amazing. You will be very happy with this choice of reception site!

• Whitehall Estate Lane Bluemont, District of Columbia, VA 20135 See on map