• Photos & Videos 38
  • Deals 2

About WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch

YOUR love shines through my ceremony. Spiritual ... not religious. Non-denominational, different religions, Catholic, Christian and/or spiritual ... from the heart. My ceremony reflects and honors YOU as you are.

The love you feel for each other really comes through in my carefully-crafted ceremony ... both for you and for your guests - that is what I have been told is what distinguishes my ceremonies from what people are usually expecting. The really remarkable feature is that your family and guests actually feel the love you share and are gripped in the moment, consciously participating. I often see couples in the audience reach out to hold each other's hands as the ceremony unfolds, so lots of good things happen here! Most people today are not overly religious, but want a beautiful and meaningful ceremony ... not just a run-of-the-mill, as-expected repeat of something they have seen many, many times.

My wedding ceremonies are definitely spiritual. They have to be when you think about it: marriage is much more than a kiss and a binding contract. Mineoffends no one, honors everyone (no matter their religion or lack of it), and joins our common humanity in its universal trait, love. At your wedding, you will have family and friends of every eclectic sort: very pious and wouldn't-set-foot-in-a-church-if-you-paid-them, Jews, Muslims, Christians and atheists. Universally, they all come out saying to each other, "That was the best wedding I ever saw!"

I will go anywhere, indoors or outdoors ... in Washington, DC, suburban Virginia (inner suburbs out to Winchester and Fredericksburg, especially Hunt Country), Maryland (inner DC suburbs, plus all of the wonderful locations in Baltimore, up to Frederick and to Harve de Grace). If you like, call and tell me what you want your wedding to be like. We'll talk, and, if that sounds initially attractive, we'd meet and get to know each other, and we would go over the ceremony I use. You take it home after our meeting and read it over. If you like it, you then call back and confirm, and we go from there.

Just a little about me. I am married ... with a great wife, 5 children, and 12 grandchildren. I love summers, but take my jet ski to the Potomac River all year long ... beautiful! I have been a press secretary for a U.S. Senator, and also a real estate developer much of my life (e.g., I was the original developer of National Harbor), while being a minister/priest at the same time. So I have a pretty broad background (!) from which to approach the great spiritual wonder of marriage!

lansdowne by audra wrisley 2
EliseRobRoemeratStRegis
JimBurchfeb2008
photowdatcourthouse
WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch
jim with double rainbow at herring bay
YanaKevinwdphoto
rings at a wedding belles dream photography 615
thomas van veen photo 5
vanessa and matt wedding 2
WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch
jim with candles in yellow
thomas van veen photo 3
BlakeNewman2

• Videos 2

376 Reviews for WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch

Carrie Slatcher · Married on 10/28/2018

Very nice ceremony and easy on me!

I was very pleased with our ceremony. It was easy on us and Rev. Burch was very gracious in welcoming us and our guests to his home. I would recommend his services to a friend.

Chris Boutilier · Married on 10/07/2018

Look no further. Jim should be your guy!

Jim was great! He is knowledgeable, professional, organized and very easy to work with. The thing I liked the most was, he makes the planning of your ceremony a breeze. Everyone has a million things going on leading up to the big day but Jim really takes the stress out of planning your ceremony. He gives you a template of how the ceremony will be conducted, and then you get the flexibility to choose various elements that you would like to include or not. At the end of the day, you get a service which is perfectly tailored to you. It’s also worth noting that when we were looking for an officiant, we wanted to find someone who could deliver a ceremony which was not overly religious since I am not religious at all, but at the same time, could appease my wife’s very catholic family. Jim nailed it. We were gald Jim was apart of our big day and we highly recommend him for yours!!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 495.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 195.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Hindu, Islam, Jainism, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Pagan, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoist, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, CO, DE, DC, FL, KY, LA, MD, MA, NJ, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, VT, VA, WV
  • What languages do you speak? English

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch 1
    "10 Insider Secrets to the Perfect Wedding Ceremony"
    It's just those LITTLE things that make an average wedding really great. It comes from officiating 2,500+ weddings that has given me the time to realize them. Now I'll share them with you. Just ask when you call and I will email them to you.
  • WeddingCeremony.org, Jim Burch 2
    "The 10 Insider Secrets to the Perfect Wedding Ceremony"
    Email me and I will send you this list of suggested things to do and not do at your ceremony which you might not have thought about, but will make the difference between a wonderful ceremony and one prone to glitches. What has worked best in other weddings: Should the little kids stand up there with the wedding party? Is it okay to have cocktails before the ceremony? On which side is my father as he walks me down? How fast/slow should we walk down the aisle ... use the "wedding walk?" Who should hold the rings? And other indispensable tips!

• Sarah Botta Photography
    Sarah Botta Photography Wedding Photographers

I've worked with Jim a few times as a wedding photographer. I love hearing his ceremonies as they are just so beautiful. If you're on the search for a wedding officiant, look no further. Jim will do an amazing job!

• Sarah Botta Photography
    Sarah Botta Photography Wedding Photographers

• Memorial Chapel
    Memorial Chapel Church Weddings

Thank for your wonderful work with our clients at the Chapel. We are happy to endorse you! Cheerfully, Mel. Coles Event Sales and Office Assistant

• Clifton, VA 20124 See on map
    2025582339 (Other Phone Number)
    please feel free to call anytime 8 am to 9:30 pm