Wedding Ceremonies by Jim Burch Reviews

409 | Clifton, VA

409 Reviews for Wedding Ceremonies by Jim Burch

Ashley Bianchi · Getting married on 02/10/2021

10/26 DC Wedding

My husband and I were looking for someone to officiate our wedding that would be a compromise for not getting married in a church (as my mom wanted). Jim came referred to us from our wedding planner and he was the indeed the perfect compromise. Jim made us feel at ease throughout the whole process by meeting with us twice before the wedding and explaining his background, beliefs, and experience. He calmed our nerves on the wedding day and made everything run absolutely perfectly. I would certainly recommend Jim to others looking for an Officiant that is legitimate.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Ken S. · Getting married on 12/11/2020

Above and Beyond!

Jim was the officiant for our wedding. My wife and I were really glad that we found him. He was very kind, professional and considerate. Jim made the process very easy and he worked with us to include certain things from the bride's/wife's culture. We were very happy with our ceremony as it was thought provoking, fun and memorable. Many of our guests told us that they loved the ceremony, and one of our friend's told us that the ceremony was so beautiful that it made him cry. It was an amazing ceremony and day that my wife and I will always remember. Thank you Jim for making this day extra special for us!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Masha

Masha Trimble · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Jim is wonderful

Having the right officiant for my wedding, in my opinion, was one of the most important parts. It can really make or break a ceremony. Jim was truly amazing and went above and beyond. I could have not asked for a better officiant. He is such a wonderful person, and when he spoke during the ceremony - I looked out in the crowd and everyone was listening. He is a marvelous speaker. It was amazing working with Jim as well. He helps you build your own ceremony script to really make it your own. I would 100% recommend Jim to be your officiant. You will not regret it.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Wen

Wen Xie · Married on 02/01/2020

Please hire Jim Burch

Jim was definitely more prepared for our ceremony than we were - and thank God for that! From the beginning, he was so kind, responsive and has a great energy that makes you and your guests feel at ease. Our ceremony was beautiful and we have Jim to thank for wonderful experience!

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 01/11/2020

Beautiful Ceremony!

Jim did a wonderful job with our interfaith ceremony. He spoke beautifully in a way that recognized both of our religions and it brought our family together. After the wedding, several of our family and friends brought up the ceremony to say how much they liked Jim's speech.

Jim is also an extremely experienced professional when it comes to managing the ceremony itself. With all of his experience, Jim can give useful practical guidance on how to organize the ceremony and prevent any stumbles. (For example, he walked us through how to seat our parents so that my father-in-law wouldn't step on my wife's dress after walking her down the aisle.) Coordinating small things like that may seem immaterial, but it took away any anxiety during the day. During our ceremony, he subtly guided us, and made sure we looked good. We're so glad we chose him to be our officiant.

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • James

James Brostek · Married on 12/28/2019

The perfect ceremony

When we were interviewing officiants, we knew right away after our phone interview with Jim that we would likely book his services. Once we sat down and went over the options for the service it was the perfect balance for us.

The comments from out guests of how wonderful our ceremony was and we truly believe it set the tone for our reception. We are so happy with how well Jim did and we would recommend interviewing Jim to see if he would be the right fit for your ceremony too.

Sent on 01/15/2020

Sierra Webb · Married on 10/27/2019

Highly recommend for your special day!

Fantastic! We highly recommend Mr. Burch for you wedding. We have attended a few weddings before our own and we were nervous about what type of officiant to have at our own wedding. We looked high and low and found Mr. Burch. He was fantastic. Really allowed us to customize our ceremony and helped us with the flow of our ceremony. He was flexible, kind, knowledgeable, and professional. Highly recommend for your special day!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Ellie

Ellie Nicole · Married on 10/26/2019

Thank you Jim for the most perfect ceremony!

We are so thankful to have found Jim and not only have the chance to get to know him as a person but to have him perform our wedding ceremony. He walked us through everything start to finish and he got to know us and helped us customize our ceremony so it was perfectly suited for us. He was so down to earth, warm and welcoming and was a wonderful speaker. We had numerous guests come up to us and specifically tell us how wonderful Jim was and what a beautiful ceremony we had. The best part was the fact that we were SO nervous and it was hard to remember what we were supposed to do and when when, but we really did not have to worry about that as Jim guided us, whispered to us and directed us along the way so we could follow his lead on what we were supposed to be doing. He was also such a calm and comforting presence that it calmed my nerves. Because of this, our ceremony went seamlessly! We highly recommend Jim and encourage you to meet him to see for yourself that he will help you design the most perfect ceremony.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Taylor · Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect officiant!

Jim did a perfect job with our wedding ceremony! From our initial planning meeting and to the actual ceremony, Jim made us feel completely comfortable. He is professional, friendly, and we loved that he had a packet of options for us to choose from - it made everything a piece of cake! Our wedding guests were coming up to us all evening to tell us how beautiful and meaningful the ceremony was.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Morganne

Morganne Perez · Married on 08/31/2019

Better than we imagined

I am so thankful my husband and I found Jim to officiate our wedding. Neither of us are particularly religious, so we did not have a pastor/priest that many couples go to when they start to plan their wedding. We were open about our views with Jim and not only was he completely respectful, but he truly exceeded our expectations during the ceremony. Everything was thoughtful and rooted in the meaning of marriage and love, and he was so well-spoken. Every single one of our wedding guests said how great he was and many even said it was the best ceremony they had ever been to. Some officiants can be boring or monotone, or speak to things that are not important to the couple, so I realize how nerve wracking searching for an officiant can be. I promise that Jim is not of these things, and you will be so glad that you chose him. We highly highly recommend.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Csmr · Married on 08/24/2019

Jim delivered a great ceremony - had guests talking!

Jim was very easy to work with. He provided us a "menu" of ceremony options ranging across the entire religious spectrum (including no-religion). We pick and chose the ones we wanted to hear, and Jim delivered the rest. He was prompt and professional, and his speech got rave reviews among guests afterwards.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Marshall

Marshall Popkin · Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect Wedding Officiant

I cannot say enough positive things about Jim Burch. Jim is gracious, funny, and thoughtful. As an Officiant, Jim is incredibly well-organized, prepared, and flexible.

We met with Jim twice before our wedding day to map out all of the details of our ceremony. Jim helped us to create a wedding ceremony that reflected on who we are as a couple, right down to the most minute details.

On our wedding day, Jim was punctual and the ceremony went off without a hitch!

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best), Jim is an 11. If you are fortunate enough to have Jim officiate your wedding, you will be quite happy!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Julia · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Officiant

Jim was the perfect officiant for our special day! From the moment my husband and I met with him I knew he was going to be a perfect fit! MY husband and I have opposite religious views and I was nervous about how that was going to play out during our ceremony. From talking with Jim the first time I knew I didn't have to worry. Fast forward to our special day and it was an amazing ceremony. Jim made each and every person feel that they were apart of the ceremony. Both my husband and I couldn't have asked for a better ceremony to represent us. So many people from multiple religious backgrounds couldn't stop talking about how amazing our ceremony was. It was everything we asked for and more!
    Thank you Jim for helping make our special day even more memorable! I would recommend him in a heartbeat! I promise you will be glad you chose Jim to be your officiant!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Susan · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect Officiant for Our Wedding

Jim Burch was the perfect officiant for our wedding! My husband is scientific while I'm more religious and Jim created a ceremony that blended both viewpoints perfectly. We had an opportunity to select our readings, prayers, and to choose various aspects of our ceremony to make it special to us. Jim was professional, very friendly, punctual, and a great choice to officiate our wedding. We highly recommend Jim as a wedding officiant!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Luis

Luis Garcia · Married on 06/10/2019

As a catholic, the sacrament of matrimony is very important to me. However, my wife didn't want to the long and boring traditional catholic wedding and i don't blame her. This is when we finally found Jim. He had such a charming personality, a fun attitude and took all the stress of the wedding off of us. We still had a communion. There were stills scriptural qoutes. It just wasn't boring. We are so grateful we found Jim. He even had a templated document for us, with several choices for each part of the ceremony and he reminded us a few days before that we don't have to memorize anything - he took care of it all. During the ceremony, Jim gave us every cue and hint we needed to carry on smoothly. There were a lot of officiants to choose from and none fit us. Jim is awesome and there is no one else on earth I would have wanted to marry us.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Brian Hall · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful Officiant

Jim Burch was incredibly professional and easy to work with, and we greatly appreciated his guidance in helping to plan our wedding ceremony. He was responsive and ready to answer any of our questions throughout the planning process. On the day of the ceremony, Jim was punctual and made sure everything went off without any issues. We received numerous compliments on the ceremony from our wedding guests and feel fortunate we were able to have Jim officiate our wedding.

We would highly recommend Jim as a wedding officiant!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Maynard · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful officiant!

My husband and I had our officiant cancel 3 days before our wedding and finding Jim was a blessing. He was very prepared and helped us figure out exactly what we wanted said during our ceremony. He’s funny and has a great energy about him and is SO EASY to work with. Having him as our officiant definitely calmed my nerves because I knew everything would run smoothly. He’s very confident and knows what he’s doing! You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/25/2019

Ashley Riser · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Christian-style wedding ceremony!

We couldn’t have asked for a better officiant for our wedding than Jim. After coming to the disappointing realization that we could not be married in the Catholic Church due to living together, I was on a quest to find an officiant who would perform a Christian-style ceremony. Aside from wanting a spiritual ceremony, my now-husband and I wanted someone we felt like we clicked with and that understood us as a couple. Meeting with Jim the first time set any concerns we had with a stranger marrying us at ease, and within five minutes of leaving the meeting we both agreed he was the one! Jim is a wonderful and detail-oriented individual who is easy to communicate with and very helpful in creating your perfect ceremony. I highly recommend Jim for any couple looking for a caring and responsive officiant who takes the worry out of your day, letting you focus on what is most important – you and your future spouse!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Ashley · Married on 04/20/2019

Pleased So Far

Our ceremony has not yet happened, but based on the initial meeting and the documents prepared ahead of time, I am sure things will turn out great. Jim Burch seems like the perfect fit for our wedding. We wanted to include a little of our faith and religion, but did not want a church wedding and so far, Jim seems like he put on a great ceremony.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Mike · Married on 04/13/2019

Delivered a memorable Ceremony

We had a wonderful ceremony in no small part due to Jim’s calm, professional, thoughtful and spiritual demeanor. He made the entire process very simple to understand and when it came to the ceremony itself, it went as smoothly as possible. Jim provides an opportunity to customize the ceremony so that it is a perfect fit for you and is willing to work with you to ensure that the day is perfect.

We were not in search of an overly religious ceremony and Jim was respectful and understood our intent. His remarks were well-received by our guests (if a little lengthy) and he brought humor and humanity to what could have been a stale event.

As you search for someone to play this role in your big day we can certainly recommend Jim.

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Ceremony!

Jim did a wonderful job helping my groom and us customize a ceremony that captured our love story. Our family and friends really enjoyed the day, and we had such a good experience working with Jim. It's hard to find a good balance of spiritual and personal, and as my husband and I don't subscribe to a specific religion, so we didn't want it to be too by the book. Jim did a wonderful job and was a great help to us, and I would definitely recommend him to another couple!

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Xiaolin

Xiaolin Zhang · Married on 03/16/2019

Excellent experience

Jim was amazing to work with! He is a very nice person, very responsive and patient. I found Jim in the WeddingWire. For the first sight, I know he would be our officiant. We want a short but impressive ceremony, and Jim did just that. The first time we went to jim’s Home, he introduce the procedure for us and give us a lot of information. And at second time we met him, just several weeks before our wedding ceremony, he specially went to church and told us every details for the big day. Every time when you stay with Jim, you don’t need to worry about anything. We trust him definitely and appreciate his excellent work so much. Enjoy your most happy moment with Jim Burch.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Claudia Machado · Married on 03/09/2019

It was a truly special ceremony

Jim was amazing to work with! He was very responsive and patient. From our first call, I knew he was going to be our officiant. We wanted a short but sweet ceremony and Jim did just that! He was able to make our small intimate ceremony so special and we felt the presence of God's love surrounding us. When the ceremony was over, we took a picture with Jim and said our goodbyes. However, we forgot about our sign marriage license! Oops, definitely need that! Jim stayed around until we took a few pics with our family and we spotted him in the corner. He was patiently waiting for us to get our marriage license back and also provided us a copy of our ceremony. We really appreciated that! He was very professional and made everyone in the room feel comfortable. You won't be disappointed if you book Jim to officiate your wedding!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Betty · Married on 02/11/2019

Wonderful and heart felt!

Made everyone feel great! Very heart felt. Allowed us to Incorporate beautiful readings and the ability to say our own words to each other. I would highly recommend Jim. Very personable and flexible. Had everyone engaged.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Arianne Galvez · Married on 01/18/2019

So so happy with how it turned out!

I know it sounds cheesy, but Jim's words during the ceremony really made the love shine through :) You can tell he really cares about what he does, honestly and deeply, and he helps you make sure you have a ceremony that matches you and your partner's desires. He was incredibly flexible and open throughout the whole process, and made our roles during the ceremony easy and simple for us to understand. Our families also appreciated his sincere messages of love; I and my family are religious while my (now) husband and his family are staunch atheists, but he was still able to inspire such powerful feelings of love that both our families could appreciate and enjoy.

If you have any concerns about choosing Jim to officiate your wedding, let me tell you, you don't have anything to worry about! He's a great, easy-going guy with a sweet sense of humor and I'm glad I came across him!

Sent on 02/01/2019