wendycityfaces

Aurora, IL View map Visit website

I’m Wendy Woodside, the energetic and personable makeup artist, esthetician, and founder of Wendy City Faces. Your wedding day should be filled with nothing but love, joy and laughter. My specialty is delivering this experience with a touch of glamour and luxury. I have over 25 years of experience in the makeup and skincare business and I look forward to giving you a fresh, clean, natural makeup look that’s classic and defined while being unmistakably YOU. I have refined my techniques over the years to deliver a weightless, flawless look that is guaranteed to stay until the last dance.

My makeup and other services are available on-location or in my studio, so that you and your wedding party can enjoy the personal attention to detail and high level of service that every bride deserves. I’ll happily provide services for your small party or micro-wedding and can accommodate parties up to ten. For parties larger than ten, an additional artist will be required, and my team includes professionals who bring decades of experience.

Every bride’s day is as unique as the brides themselves, and I will personalize your day to meet your needs and desires. This starts with a phone consultation so I can better understand your wishes and so that we can discuss your pricing quote.

Some of the highlights of the Wendy City Faces experience include:

• High quality, high definition, lightweight makeup that is applied in layers for maximum staying power.
  • Professional, quality skincare products by Glo Therapeutics.
  • Facials and peels to prepare your skin for your special day.
  • Masterful body waxing and brow shaping with Lycon no-pain wax.
  • Eyelash and brow tinting.
  • Natural-looking, deep bronze airbrushed tan with (no orange!)

Every bridal experience includes skin education and preparation to ensure your skin is at its very best for your event. My work has been featured in Chicago Style Weddings and Michigan Ave Magazine, along with television, video, and on the faces of hundreds of happy brides. My goal is to make sure each and every bride feels like the best, most luxurious version of herself on her wedding day—nothing more and nothing less.

If you have questions or would like to begin your consultation, please call me at (630) 404-4779. I look forward to giving you my best so you can be your best.

• Woman-owned

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$165

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$100

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$165

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$100

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$85

$75

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What is the starting price for facials?

$80

What is the starting price for tanning services?

$40

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Spa
Tanning
Licensed
Skincare

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes
Brow/Lash Tinting
Tattoo Coverage

What hair removal services do you offer?

Tweezing
Waxing

What tanning services do you offer?

Airbrush Tanning

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Molly
    Molly L. Married on 06/11/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wendy made my wedding day so special

Wendy has worked with my family for a couple years -- she's a trusted friend who does amazing work for the skin. On top of being a generally sweet and funny person to chat with, she is so knowledgeable about her work. She helped me clear up my skin concerns leading up to my wedding day -- she even saw me the week before to clear up a stress breakout I was having! She made me feel the most confident I've ever felt by listening to what I like in make up, and understanding how to make my features pop. Everyone who got their make up done by Wendy kept telling me how this was the first professional make up artist they've had who has done make up that makes them feel amazing rather than just slapping on one generic style. Everyone looked, and felt, so beautiful. It's important to surround yourself with people who support you for your wedding day and that's what Wendy did for me the whole morning of my wedding. She was so sweet to me as I stressed about wedding day rain, and kept the whole room laughing and light hearted. The morning honestly flew by!

Wendy is clearly passionate about her work, and she made me feel like the most important person in the world for the entire day. Choosing Wendy was the best decision I made for my wedding day and I would choose her again and again if I could!

wendycityfaces's reply:

Thanks so much Molly !!! So wonderful to be part of your amazing weekend and see your love for each other !!! It was a fabulous day and Ginger and I were honored to be a part of it. !!!! Much love and happiness to you and Tanner !
    Rebecca D. Married on 05/14/2022

Wedding makeup

If i could give 10 stars i would!! Wendy was so amazing through the whole process. The communication, the care, my makeup for engagement photos, the wedding makeup trial. She is so comforting and personable, and helped talk me down when i needed when i was stressing about my skin or the wedding day makeup after the trial. A few days before the wedding, (i was having major anxiety, every bride wants to look the best they can) and wendy told me to come over, and we went through everything again and she made me feel so much better. Wedding day she went above and beyond! Got to the hotel early to set up, was so great with the girls and the photographer. She helped wherever she could or helping my girls get their dresses on. She even went over to the guys room to pin all their boutennieres! I cant express how thankful i am to her, and will ask her to my makeup for EVERY special event. If you are in the area or not, wendy is so worth it! Stop looking! Call her now! I hope this review helps many many brides that want their makeup how they envisioned it would be! I love you Wendy!! Thank you for being a part of making our wedding so perfect! ♡

wendycityfaces's reply:

Aww Rebecca I was so happy to keep you sane and beautiful so you could have the wedding of your dreams. My pleasure ! And congrats !!
  • Olivia
    Olivia G. Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful Empowering Wendy

I found Wendy in December of 2018 as I knew my wedding date was September 2019, but didn't know much else. I was admittedly naive about skincare and makeup and Wendy has been a wonderful teacher. I definitely equated taking care of my skin with vanity instead of self-care and Wendy has really empowered me to take better care of the skin I'm in. I started seeing her before my wedding and still see her to keep my skin looking nice.

As for all things wedding, she was also a wonderful teacher, friend, and sounding board. Wendy's been through many more weddings than most of us, and she's got an eye. She hooked me up with my hairstylist, and was nothing but professional (and flexible) with my schedule, payments and communications. In everything leading up to the wedding, I never had to worry about Wendy, I knew she had my back, and she even offered to bring bagels the morning of my wedding!
    She gave skin recommendations to all the women in my wedding and really made us look and feel our best.
  • illustration stars

Team

Katie McClatchey
Katie McClatchey
VP of Operations

Katie is the VP of Operations at Clark Dog Media, Inc. She has been acting since she was very young and absolutely loves supporting Wendy City Faces!

Edit Faces Edit Faces Wedding Hair & Makeup

Wendy is a colleague of mine and a great friend! She wows with her artistry but her personality is the true star! I trust her with all of my clients that I cannot accomodate due to scheduling conflicts. She's the go-to girl for a great application, education, & a warm, memorable experience!

Laura Meyer Photography Laura Meyer Photography Wedding Photographers

Wendy is a very talented Make up artist. She was professional and very easy to work with. I had the privilege of photographing a wedding that she was the MUA for last summer, the bride looked flawless! Having makeup applied professionally is so important, especially on your wedding day, when you are having so many photo taken of you. Trust Wendy to have you looking your best!!

454 Iowa Avenue Aurora, IL, 60506