454 Iowa Avenue, Aurora, IL 60506 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 35
  • Deals 2

About wendycityfaces

I’m Wendy Woodside, the energetic and personable makeup artist/esthetician founder of wendycityfaces. With twenty five plus years of experience in the makeup and skincare business I look forward to helping to give you fresh, natural makeup look that's classic, glamorous, defined and unmistakably YOU all at once. My tried and true techniques create a weightless, flawless look that is guaranteed to stay all day.

My makeup and spa services are performed on location or in studio, providing you and your wedding party the personal attention to detail and service all brides deserve. I can accommodate parties up to ten and over 10 with an additional artist. I have a high quality team with over 25 years of experience each. Every bride’s day is unique and personalized to suit your needs and desires. It is important to have a phone consultation for pricing quotes.

Some of the highlights of the wendycityfaces experience include:

• High quality, high definition, light weight makeup that is applied in layers for maximum staying power.
  • High grade skin care products by glo therapeutics
  • Facials and peels to make your skin look fabulous for your special day
  • Masterful body waxing and brow shaping with amazing Lycon no-pain wax
  • Eyelash and brow tint
  • Makeup lessons
  • Fabulous, deep bronze, no orange airbrush tan

I provide high quality service and skin education in order to make sure you are at your very best for your event. My goal is that every client is 100% satisfied and leaves feeling like a pampered princess. I am passionate about creating a fresh natural look that’s classic and defined, yet glamorous.

I hold a BFA in costume design and stage makeup and I became a licensed esthetician in 2004. I furthered my esthetics training with a Medical Certification at with Dr. Stephen Dayan in Chicago. I am a member/ educator of Cosmetology Illinois professional organization and a member of Associated Skin Care Professionals. My makeup credits include ABC TV, CBS TV, the Oprah Winfrey Show, and numerous commercial celebrities and hundreds of happy brides since 1981.

Please call me for a consultation at 630-358-4289 and allow me to answer any questions you may have. I look forward to giving you my best so you can be YOUR best.

For some of my most recent work, view my website.

Follow wendycityfaces on

newalisa

• Videos 1

85 Reviews for wendycityfaces

Mariah · Married on 03/31/2018

I am so glad I decided to use Wendy’s services both on my wedding day and in the months leading up to it. She provided several great customized facials/skin treatments and helped me establish a new skin care regimen in the months before my wedding. I’ve seen major improvements in my skin; with less dryness and fewer blocked pores.

On my wedding day, she provided make-up services for myself, wedding party, and my mother. We all felt and looked great! She customized each of our looks so that it suited each us, while helping pump up the glam factor for the occasion. All the looks stayed fresh all night; even after hours of dancing! Wendy is really an artist - you can tell she loves what she does. I would highly recommend her services.

Angela · Married on 08/18/2017

Wendy was absolutely fantastic through our whole process. From the many months before the wedding, up to the big day in August. She took lots of time and was patient as we figured out the best options for me! She is truly amazing, very gifted, and truly passionate about all she does. You have to book with Wendy, whether is a facial or wedding makeup. She is the best!

Nubia · Married on 06/23/2017

Wendy along with Ginger, who did hair and make-up for my wedding were amazing!! There are no words to justify their work and overall demeanor. I had a crazy wedding week with emergencies. Wendy was an angel. She worked with my ever changing schedule and accommodated more than I would have ever expected to be possible. My face prep prior to my wedding day helped me unwind. Wendy really knows how to make you feel at ease, supported, and loved. On my wedding day, I looked and felt amazing. I received so many compliments on my make-up and hair. I really appreciated that I felt like myself even with make-up. Wendy and Ginger were able to accommodate all of my bridesmaids and make each of their looks unique to them. Couldn't ask for a better set of ladies to be their on my special day. Without a doubt would use them again and again and again!! Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

wendycityfaces's reply:

Thank you so much Nubia !! WE loved doing your Hollywood glam look and you rocked it ! Absolutely stunning ! Many blessings on your day!!

wendycityfaces FAQ

• What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 165.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 165.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 100.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • What is the starting price for facials? $ 80.00
  • What is the starting price for tanning services? $ 40.00
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Facials, Group Services, Hair Removal, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Spa, Tanning, Licensed, Skincare
  • What hair removal services do you offer? Tweezing, Waxing
  • What tanning services do you offer? Airbrush Tanning, Spray Tanning
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 20

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• wendycityfaces 1
    Free Lashes and Lip Gloss for Every Face
    Each face receives complimentary eye lashes and lip gloss.
  • wendycityfaces 2
    Friday Weddings
    Book your Friday wedding and receive a 15% discount on your total wedding package.

• Edit Faces
    Edit Faces Wedding Hair & Makeup

Wendy is a colleague of mine and a great friend! She wows with her artistry but her personality is the true star! I trust her with all of my clients that I cannot accomodate due to scheduling conflicts. She's the go-to girl for a great application, education, & a warm, memorable experience!

• Laura Meyer Photography
    Laura Meyer Photography Wedding Photographers

Wendy is a very talented Make up artist. She was professional and very easy to work with. I had the privilege of photographing a wedding that she was the MUA for last summer, the bride looked flawless! Having makeup applied professionally is so important, especially on your wedding day, when you are having so many photo taken of you. Trust Wendy to have you looking your best!!

• 454 Iowa Avenue Aurora, IL 60506 See on map