Richmond, VA 23234 Map · Phone number

About Traditions Fine Catering

Traditions wants to make your event extraordinary and memorable for both you and all of your guests.

Here at Traditions, we have enjoyed providing the service of catering for all types of events, from luncheons to dinner parties, weddings, and everything in between. Each event is unique and special, and we love being able to be a part it.

Sarah Barham, the owner, became a caterer before she even realized it. She started to receive calls for assistance with fundraisers for her kids' school, and then for dinner parties and other events. After a few years, her business grew to become “Susie’s Cakes and Catering.”

As time went on, business began to grow right before her eyes. About 5 years ago, her daughter, Jessica Barham, began to consider catering as a serious career interest. Sarah and Jessica decided to be partners.

They renamed the business “Traditions.” Traditions takes the traditional southern way of cooking and combines it with years of experience and hospitality, and presents and defines the meaning of catering and how we view our business.

Catering is not just food on a platter; it is the service, quality, presentation, and the overall experience. Traditions provides you with all of these qualities to ensure that your event is both extraordinary and memorable.

Contact us at 804-337-8412 or email us at Traditions10@aol.com

traditions6
traditions
traditions2

21 Reviews for Traditions Fine Catering

Susie and her staff really took care of us. She is very responsive on emails and so sweet. So many of my guests said that the food and the variety of options were absolutely amazing. We even got to take leftovers home!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Allison · Married on 07/16/2016

Susie and her team were absolutely incredible at my July wedding at the Vintager Inn in New Kent. They flawlessly executed an amazing cocktail hour and buffet dinner. The catering staff was very friendly and accommodating! Not only did they serve food, they also refilled drinks, poured 150 glasses of champagne for the toasts, and cut the cake for us. When we had a problem with new management at my venue, Susie made a house call and came to my townhouse for the tasting with me and my family. She really went above and beyond! Did I forget to mention how DELICIOUS the food was?? Some of my guests even told me it was the "best macaroni and cheese they ever had". Thank you Susie for everything!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Angela · Married on 11/27/2015

My daughter's wedding was 11/27/15 at Pocahontas State Park Swift Creek Dining Hall and we hosted 126 guests. As we walked around to greet and speak to everyone we received so many compliments about Susie and her catering team. The food was served fresh and hot and was so delicious. The presentation of the food on the tables were beautifully arranged. We were pressed for time in setting up and so the staff finished setting up the tables for us and lit the candles. They finished dressing the cake with flowers and just offered to help us with whatever we needed. These were true professional we worked with. They took so much stress off of me and the wedding planner. They did a fabulous job catering to our guests, cleaned the kitchen, packed up and were gone before we even knew it. The kitchen was spotless and you would not have even known they were there. They did things without us having to ask them. They went above and far beyond my expectations in a catering service. I just cannot say enough good things about their catering services. We are so very happy and grateful that we chose them for this special day to cater to our guests.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Award

Traditions Fine Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 52.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 42.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 44.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 41.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, China, Flatware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, Asian, Cajun, Chinese, German, Italian, Korean, Mediterranean, Mexican, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast