Bellwether Beach Resort

Up to 130 guests

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$15k - $18k For 100 Guests
Up to 130 guests

Bellwether Beach Resort is a beach wedding venue located in Saint Petersburg, Florida, overlooking the sandy white beaches and blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico. This venue can give you the perfect fit of everything you鈥檝e dreamed about mixed with those amazing intangibles that never even crossed your mind. Just like that special someone you鈥檝e found, a perfect match awaits with your storybook wedding on the beaches of St. Pete.

Facilities and Capacity
From intimate gatherings to elegant celebrations, Bellwether Beach Resort has romantic ceremony sites, beautifully redesigned ballrooms, stunning views, and unique indoor/ outdoor venues. Retreat to one of their indoor venues perfect for hosting any part of your wedding day celebration. The elegant and spacious venues are perfect for receptions, cocktail hour, brunch, and indoor ceremonies. The Oceans Edge Ballroom can accommodate up to 130 guests, and is located within steps from the beach. Featuring a wraparound outdoor terrace, it's the ideal space to host your cocktail reception, and allow for a great flow of indoor and outdoor space for your reception. The Gulf Vista Ballroom can accommodate up to 100 guests. The Gulf Vista Ballroom is located on the 10th floor and penthouse level of Bellwether Beach Resort. This elegant ballroom overlooks the stunning St. Pete Beach views through the floor-to-ceiling windows. Your forever moment awaits here. The only thing missing are those two precious words everyone is waiting to hear.

Bellwether Beach Resort has on-site coordinators to help plan your wedding with everything from the ceremony and reception location, to the decor and the menu. Their experienced wedding professionals will help make your dream wedding a reality. Catering services are available on-site and you have the opportunity to tastes dishes before selecting them to be served as a buffet, plated dinner, stations, or cocktail reception with hors d'oeuvres. The resort also provides the following event items to use:

• China
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Tables

Accommodations

There are beach-front hotel rooms and suites for you and your out-of-town guests to stay in during the duration of your wedding festivities. The St. Pete鈥揅learwater International Airport is just 30 minutes away from the resort. Your stay here is sure to be unforgettable.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$2,800

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$2,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$45

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Banquet Hall
Beach
Hotel
Resort
Rooftop
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Event Rentals
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Audio Equipment
Centerpieces
Chairs
Decor
Furniture
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

February
March
April
May
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

4.7 out of 5 rating
    4.7 out of 5 rating

Jessica Z. Married on 11/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful day on the beach

Worth. Every. Penny. We got married at The Bellwether 11/26/22, ceremony was at South Beach and the reception was in their Presidential Ballroom on the penthouse floor. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, if you're considering using them, set up a tour with Courtney. She answered all of our questions, and even responded to about 12 follow up questions via email that I forgot to ask in person. They were amazing with scheduling our tasting as well, and you can customize the dishes if needed! We had a great experience with our choices and cocktail hour appetizers. Courtney and Merzedes were AWESOME during our wedding weekend. If you email them between Thursday and Sunday, it may take a little bit for a response. That is because their complete and undivided attention is on the bridal party at the venue! You will have their full focus on you! They both gave me their phone number and even responded to my texts at 9:00pm the night before the wedding! Merzedes ran the rehearsal Friday and ceremony on Saturday, without any hiccups. She made sure to let me know meet up times to tell our bridal party, so she could relay information to them about where to be and when. While I was getting ready, I didn't even have to ask - she met with our DJ so he was all set up at the ballroom and ceremony site before we began. She served as my "body guard" so I could peek in at the ballroom without my fiance seeing me. Our cupcakes were a little delayed, and she set them up and cleaned a stain on our card box while we were doing family photos without me saying a thing. Both ladies made sure the ceremony went smoothly, and that no random beach patrons walked into the event! When we got up to our room during cocktail hour, dishes of appetizers were waiting for us so we could try every dish we chose, and she was at the door minutes later asking what drinks she could bring us while we waited for introductions to start. I can't say enough positive things about our weekend and our guests told us over and over how beautiful everything was! So long as Courtney and Merzedes are at the Bellwether, I would highly recommend!
  • Julia
    Julia Z. Married on 05/07/2022

Wedding Welcome Dinner and Brunch

Wow! Words can't even begin to describe how wonderful this venue is. First off, we communicated with Courtney and Gabrielle for setting everything up. They were very responsive and accommodating; some of the most professional people I have dealt with in a long time. My husband and I had our Welcome Dinner at Bongo's Beach Bar. Amazing views of the ocean and the food was absolutely wonderful. We had the snapper veracruz which was to die for, the chicken saltimbocca, and the beef lion, along with the fingerling potatoes and broccoli and carrots. The chocolate cake was the best chocolate cake I have ever had in my life! My mother has food allergies and they were able to get her a special plate without any hesitation. Shout out to Katya and the bartender! We had our brunch Sunday morning up in the Gulf Vista Ballroom. The tables were set up very nicely with centerpieces and our choice of colored napkins and the views are to die for on the tenth floor. We had buffet style salmon, steak, french toast, eggs, sausage, bacon, gulf shrimp, and assorted pastries. Everything was amazing!! Can't say enough wonderful things about our service! :)
  • Amy
    Amy B. Married on 04/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely wonderful and unforgettable!!!

For anyone with a desire to get married on the beach, the Bellweather Resort made my dreams come true. Everyone that came to our wedding bragged about the setting, the beautiful view from the receptions, the food, drinks, and service provided to them as guests. My husband and I couldn't have been anymore happier!! Scale 10/10...100%
  • illustration stars

72 photos 路 08/21/2019
Ashley & Roland
28 photos 路 03/17/2018

Sweet Madness Sweet Madness Wedding Cakes

Stunning venue and beach site, catering staff is great to work with!!

Cakes By Carolynn Cakes By Carolynn Wedding Cakes

We have worked with the Grand Plaza Resort for over 17 years. The banquet rooms are Awesome! Be sure to check out the Presidential Ballroom - best on the beach. All employees are hospitable - they know how to treat their guests. The sales staff is attentive to brides' and grooms' needs and make their wedding experience perfect! You will be happy you chose the Grand Plaza for your wedding and reception location.

Hyde's Professional DJ & Event Services Hyde's Professional DJ & Event Services Wedding DJs

The Grandplaza has the most spectacular view on St. Pete Beach from the Presidential Balllroom. I recommend this room for weddings less than 80 guests, however if you are having a larger wedding, the imperial ballroom is elegant and will wow your guests. The food is unmatched and the catering staff is friendly, professional, and attentive. I give them five stars and highly recommend the Grandplaza to my future clients.

Sweet Divas Cakery
Hearts Video
4.8 out of 5 rating , 96 Reviews
路 Wedding Videographers

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
5250 Gulf Blvd. Saint Petersburg, FL, 33706
Location of (Bellwether Beach Resort)

Other vendors in Tampa for your wedding

Wedding Venues