19046 Bruce B Downs Blvd #160, Tampa, FL 33647 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 19

About Rev. Jason Sowell

As an ordained minister I perform religious ceremonies, non-religious ceremonies and everything in between. I've had the pleasure of officiating hundreds of weddings over the past 15 years including backyard weddings, formal church weddings, casual beach weddings, Disney weddings, Vegas weddings...even surprise weddings. I love being a part of this special day!

I'm a native Floridian and in my dream world, I live on the beach in Southern California as a pro surfer. In real life, I live in the city of Tampa where I never actually surf.

Follow Rev. Jason Sowell on

Rev. Jason Sowell 6
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/27/2018

JASON is the best!

When we first interviewed with Jason, it was like talking with an old friend, and we knew right away that he was the right officiant for us! Jason has an awesome personality, easy-going, friendly and very personable. He listened to everything we wanted for our special day and absolutely nailed it, and helped us along the way. DEF. HIRE Jason - you won't regret it.

Rev. Jason Sowell 7
    Rev. Jason Sowell 8
    Rev. Jason Sowell 9
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 05/19/2018

Jason came highly recommended to us by our event coordinator as an incredibly professional and heartfelt officiant. She could not have been more right. My husband and I met with Jason and immediately took a liking to him. He's friendly, down-to-earth, and very well-spoken. We left our first meeting with him confident that he could provide us with the kind of sincere, meaningful, and secular ceremony that we wanted. He was responsive and professional with every interaction that we had and offered useful tips to the groomsmen during the wedding rehearsal. Our wedding day at Tampa Bay Downs Racetrack was very rainy, and so we had to relocate our ceremony from the winner's circle to the grandstand in order to avoid soaking our guests. During the ceremony itself, Jason made a well-researched horse racing reference to rainy weather that thoroughly impressed me with it's relevance and execution. That unexpected and very personal addition made our ceremony so much more special and was something that our guests commented upon later. For any type of wedding ceremony, Jason is your guy.

Julie · Married on 04/07/2018

So glad we picked Jason. He made the Ceremony just how we wanted it. You can tell he has done many weddings as he knows exactly what he's doing. I would recommend Jason to anyone as he is able to put into action exactly how you want your ceremony to go and still make it feel personal, despite not knowing his clients for long. THANK YOU JASON!

Rev. Jason Sowell FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 20.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 1.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Ceremony Rehearsal, Vow Renewal, Single Religion
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Baptist, Evangelical, Methodist, No Denomination, Presbyterian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? FL
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Rev. Joran Slane Oppelt
    Rev. Joran Slane Oppelt Wedding Officiants

Jason Sowell puts people together. He is an amazing friend and a talented and professional wedding officiant. You will not be disappointed.

• SG Mobile DJ Service, LLC
    SG Mobile DJ Service, LLC Wedding DJs

Jason is a great officiant to work with! He is super fun and really professional. I have always enjoyed working with him and highly recommend him to any couple! My number 1 recommended officiant by far!

• I Love Parentheses by Monica Navarro Leonard
    I Love Parentheses by Monica Navarro Leonard Wedding Photographers

Like, whoa! Jason has a number of great reviews that speak for his sensitive, fun, creative, and outstanding performance as a ceremony officiant, but I figured I would throw my endorsement into the mix as well. You will not be sorry you chose him for your wedding - in fact, you'll be downright pleased. I've known Jason for many years and he takes pride in working with each couple through every concern and expectation regarding their wedding ceremony. Additionally, he's an absolute blast at the reception and is sure to be a hit with your guests!

• 19046 Bruce B Downs Blvd, #160 Tampa, FL 33647 See on map