2055 Siesta Dr., #25421 South Gate, Sarasota, FL 34277 Map · Phone number
Typical Price $250
  • Deals 1

About Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL

For those planning an elopement or destination wedding, Barefoot Weddings provides officiant services in Manatee and Sarasota Counties (on the west coast of Florida, south of Tampa and north of Naples). Cities served include Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach (Coquina Beach & Manatee County Beach), Ellenton, Englewood (Manasota Key), Holmes Beach, Longboat Key, Nokomis, Osprey (Casey Key), Palmetto, Parrish, Sarasota (Lido Key, St. Armands Key, Bird Key, Siesta Key), and Venice.

Fee varies according to location, but STARTS AT $200 without a rehearsal. Call 1-941-952-1440 or e-mail NancyT@BarefootWeddings.com for a more precise quote.

Since 1991, Nancy J. Taussig (a civil wedding officiant) has officiated at over 1,700 ceremonies on beaches, at private homes, in parks, gardens, museums, country clubs, resorts, and even on boats. Each ceremony, whether traditional or civil, is customized to the couple. Weddings, vow renewals, and baby welcoming/naming celebrations are provided.

If you want décor, photos, flowers, etc., Mrs. Taussig works with other wedding professionals and is happy to make referrals for her clients.

Effective Jan. 6, 2015, Florida began issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Mrs. Taussig has always supported marriage equality and is very happy to officiate any wedding or vow renewal!

Member of:

Women in Tourism since 2014; Elegant Manatee Weddings since 2015; Siesta Key Chamber of Commerce since 2014; Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce since 2013; Visit Sarasota County 2008-2017; Elegant Sarasota Weddings since 2005; Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce (Small Business of the Year 2009) since 1994; South Gate Community Association since 1988.

Barefoot Weddings and one of its couples was profiled in the local newspaper:

TESTIMONIALS

(view more at www.BarefootWeddings.com)

Nancy was wonderful! She was so receptive to what we wanted said in our wedding ceremony and she made it so special with the blending of the sand. She made a lovely copy of our vows and unofficial marriage certificate! It was the perfect experience and we are so grateful to her! Johnna & Brian, 3/18

Mrs. Nancy, thank you so much for being the officiant for our wedding. I also want to thank you because I feel you went above and beyond during our ceremony. I know we were running 15 to 20 minutes late and your husband was waiting for you. But, you hung in there with us with a smile on your face. You did such a wonderful job for us and you are such an easy-going, sweet, and amazing person. I wish I could have spent more time thanking you after the ceremony. You are a very special and incredible person and we appreciate everything you've done for us. Thank you to the moon and back! Leeanna & Lucio, 1/7/17

I would highly recommend Nancy as an officiant for your wedding day! Nancy was great to work with. She communicated well with my husband and I through email and was always prompt with her responses. We just recently married on 11-13-16 at The Sandbar on Anna Maria Island and the ceremony was beautiful. Nancy worked with us to ensure the vows that were read were what we wanted. My husband and I do not really enjoy speaking in front of crowds and Nancy made it so that we just said "I Do". That set our nerves at ease. Thanks so much, Nancy, for everything -- it was a pleasure working with you! Stephanie & Richard, 11/16

Thank you so much for making our simple Lido Key beach wedding much better than we dreamed of! It was clear you are an experienced professional & we greatly appreciate your helpful hints & guidance throughout this process! The extra touches, including a wedding certificate with our names & wedding colors, made our special day even more special! Thanks again! Lori & Jon, 12/15

Dear Nancy, thank you for our beautiful ceremony on Holmes Beach. It could not have been any more perfect. You did a wonderful job putting all the words together. We couldn't be happier. Thank you again, Mandy & Mike, 4/14

Nancy, wanted to send you a thank you for yesterday! My husband loved the vow renewal ceremony and thought I wrote it! It just shows how well you "read" what people want, even if you haven't met them. Perfectly professional and I will recommend you to anyone I run across. Thank you again! Jody & Nicholas, 4/13

Hi Nancy, I just wanted to say a big 'Thank You' for you officiating at our vow renewal last night. Everything was absolutely perfect. The setting on Longboat Key was just picture postcard. You were great, it was just like having an old friend perform our ceremony for us. Once again, thank you for making our special day fabulous. Many, many thanks and best wishes for your own anniversary next month. Paula & John, 9/12

Nancy, we can't thank you enough for making our wedding such a special and personal event. We told you we wanted a traditional exchange of vows without all the fanfare. We told you we decided to save our money in order to celebrate our life together and not overspend on the wedding. You listened and offered up the perfect solution for us. Your service was both solemn and joyful. The two of us saying "I do" barefoot on sunset-washed Lido Beach was romantic and was exactly what we'd hoped for. Our sand jar has an honored place in our home as a reminder of the day. Susan & Steve, 12/11

Nancy from Barefoot Weddings made my Siesta Key beach wedding flow smoothly, better than I could have imagined. Her services at our wedding were calming, comforting, and personally felt. I did not feel as if I was just another bride - she did make it as if it was "our day." The ceremony was a dream come true, I would love to do the ceremony over and over again. It was beyond our expectations. Thank you, Nancy. Lynnae & Ronald, 7/10

Hi, Nancy! We just returned home and wanted to thank you once again for performing our Lido Key wedding ceremony on Labor Day. It was perfect. Those moments on the beach still seem like a movie to us. There was so much to take in at the time that we wanted to make sure that you knew how happy we were. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Fran & Michael, 9/09

Hi, Nancy! Just a quick note to say Thank You! We really loved working with you and you were exactly what we were looking for in our officiant. Your ideas for the girls, your ideas for the ceremony, your ideas for the location, were all spot on and much appreciated. Of all the people we worked with to pull off our wedding day in Bradenton Beach, you were the best. We believe we were meant to meet you and glad we did. Your life in common with the Mother of the Groom (your Wisconsin roots and such) was so neat for our family. We are so glad you stayed to have dinner with us, for we feel you were the main reason things went so well on our day. To anyone who is looking for the right officiant for their beach wedding ceremony, look no more, Nancy is quite simply the best! Thanks Again! Kelly & Patrick, 3/17/08

Nancy, it was a true God send to have run into you that day at Michael's Craft Store. I can't thank you enough for helping make my daughter's wedding a beautiful day on Siesta Key beach. Your professional and precise manner, added by your gentle and personal touch, was enjoyed and appreciated by all. I will certainly recommend your services to anyone. Thank you for the beautiful ceremony you performed for Danielle & Michael. Deana, 10/07

Nancy, I just wanted to thank you for such a beautiful ceremony at the Ritz-Carlton. You made it so very special. I surely did not expect to cry, but I was so overwhelmed with such a beautiful day, wonderful people by my side, and the emotional moment! Nancy, thank you again for making it such a lovely day and providing such a wonderful ceremony!! I hope our paths cross again. Pamela & Lawrence, 10/06

Dear Nancy, thank you so much for a wonderful job during our wedding on Siesta Key. It couldn't have been more perfect. Everyone at the wedding enjoyed the ceremony - it was absolutely perfect! I will pass your name on to anyone I know who is planning on getting married. You exceeded our expectations. Thank you for making our wedding a day we will never forget! Thanks again, Bekka & Danny, 7/05

Nancy, on behalf of our family, I would like to thank you for all your support in planning our wedding. Getting married on the beach of Anna Maria Island was exactly the location we wanted! Because we live so far (Canada) from the warm surf and beautiful beaches, we were concerned with the overall planning of our wedding. With your support and helpful suggestions, it was perfect. Thank you so much for your help. We couldn't have done it without you! Sincerely, Laura & Ernie, 4/04

Even though we changed our wedding date three times and the wedding site at the last minute, Nancy remained patient and conducted a ceremony that was perfect for our needs. She even persevered through the howling of our five wiener dogs in the middle of the ceremony at our home. Deborah & John, 10/03

Nancy, we want to thank you for your services. You were wonderful and we are so fortunate to have found you. The ceremony on Longboat Key was beautiful and you were very professional. Thank you for everything! Sincerely, Jodi & Bryan, 6/02

We want to thank you for being a special part of our wedding. We have such fond memories of the beautiful words you spoke during our ceremony at our home. Thank you so much for making our day so memorable. Fondly, Rachel & Bill, 2000

You made our day very beautiful and our hearts very glad. Thank you, Nancy. Sincerely, Nicole & Garrett, 1998

Thank you for driving to St. Petersburg to perform our wedding ceremony. And thank you for your patience and cooperation (due to the auto accident). You helped make our day a beautiful one! Suzanne & Zachary, 1997

Thank you very much for your role as marriage celebrant in our wedding celebration at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens. We appreciate your assistance with everything and wish you a happy and healthy life. Thanks again. Sincerely, Kylie & Andre, 1994

Thank you for performing such a beautiful ceremony. We appreciate the copy of the vows. We were so pleased with how the ceremony was conducted. Thank you for making our day special. Sincerely, Gretchen & Christopher, 1993

Follow Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL on

50th Anniversary Renewal of Wedding Vows
50th Anniversary Renewal of Wedding Vows

30 Reviews for Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL

Terri · Married on 09/22/2018

We wanted something simple and casual for our open-air Hand-fasting. Nancy T. made it easy from the initial communication right through to the beautiful words she wrote to join us together.
    She has our thanks and you have our hearty recommendation to allow her to make your special day awesome.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL's reply:

Terri & Nick, it was my pleasure to officiate your love-filled weddings. What a beautiful day we had! All the best, Nancy T.

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2018

Mrs. Nancy is absolutely wonderful! She is very quick to respond and does everything to make sure your big day is special. The ceremony itself was beautiful as it was celebrated at sunset. Mrs. Nancy created a special booklet she read to us, printed our vows, and presented us with a lovely ceremony! It was very quick and to the point, just what we wanted. We thought the joining of the sand was perfect and at the end we had our very own keepsake. I would highly recommend Mrs. Nancy as she was delightful and such a sweet lady. Very impressed!!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL's reply:

Jessica & Andrew, it was such a pleasure to meet you and your family and to officiate your destination beach wedding on Siesta Key! I wish you all the best and many happy years! Nancy T.

sophie · Married on 03/29/2018

Nancy was great! She tailored the ceremony to exactly what we wanted it to be. She was professional and guided us through the whole process to ensure everything was completed correctly.
    Her words were beautiful and so many guests commented on how lovely the ceremony was.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL's reply:

Sophie & Ben, it was my pleasure to marry the two of you. You are well-loved (based on the number of guests who traveled so far for your destination wedding on Anna Maria Island). Many happy years to you both! Nancy T.

Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 250.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 75.00
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? FL
  • What languages do you speak? English

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Barefoot Weddings, Sarasota, FL 1
    Heros' Discount
    If you are currently serving in our military or as a firefighter or police officer, you will receive a 10% discount off total officiant fee.

• Siesta Trolley
    Siesta Trolley Wedding Limos

When planning your wedding on the beach, call Barefoot Weddings. Barefoot Weddings understands the importance of your day and communicating your commitments to each other. They will guide you from your initial thoughts through your finished vows, that are special to just the two of you.

• Centerpiece Florals - NY/NJ/PA/CT
    Centerpiece Florals - NY/NJ/PA/CT Wedding Florists

A thoughtful and educated vendor, who has a wonderful and helpful attitude. Her level of experience is staggering, even to the most seasoned professional. She understands and conveys succinctly the A's to Z's of getting married... happy to endorse!

• Linens by the Sea
    Linens by the Sea Wedding Rentals

We love working with Barefoot Weddings of Sarasota!

• 2055 Siesta Dr., #25421, South Gate Sarasota, 34277 See on map