The Grand Plaza Resort Reviews

The Grand Plaza Resort 6
The Grand Plaza Resort 7

Jessica D · Married on 12/15/2018

Fairytale Wedding!

We got married in the Presidential Ballroom on 12/15/18. Our wedding guests raved about the wedding and many said it was the "best wedding ever!" Chef Steve went above and beyond to make sure that our dinner was phenomenal. All of the food was excellent from the prime rib to the chicken marsala. He also went above and beyond when he found out I was feeling under the weather upon arrival, he had a bowl of fresh made chicken noodle soup sent up to our room. Barbara, our bartender, went above and beyond to make our guests felt well taken care of. At the end of the night, one of our guests said "I love Barbara; she's the best!" On the day of the event, Krystn (wedding planner) made sure that all of our needs were met. From having us all in place to helping our guests, she executed the event very well.

This was truly the fairytale wedding that my husband and I dreamed of!

• Erin Marie

Candy · Married on 10/26/2018

So pleased with the Grand Plaza!

We chose to have our beach wedding at The Grand Plaza Beach Resort in St. Pete Beach and we could not be happier with the outcome! Our wedding coordinator Victoria Creekmore was amazing and so so helpful throughout the entire process! We had an amazing time, all of the staff was so accommodating and helpful, and our guests had amazing things to say about everything! The food was fantastic (we did a buffet style) and everyone loved the bartender- he remembered everyone's drink order and would have it started as soon as people walked up to the bar! I never felt that I had to worry about anything- they know exactly what they are doing and are always prepared for any hiccup that may arise. We were not disappointed!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2018

Great food and beautiful views!

Jacqueline is the best! We had such a positive experience with the Grand Plaza. The rehearsal, the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception went off perfectly. Jacqueline was there with us along the way, answering any questions and checking in with me to make sure I was having fun! I highly recommend. The Grand Plaza knows what they're doing. Everything was beautiful.

Elisa · Married on 07/18/2018

Absolutely Beautiful property. Even better bang for your buck. Their genuine care of our needs and what we wanted goes beyond reproach

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

If you are looking for a stress free wedding location, Grand Plaza is the place to go. They have two beautiful ceremony locations with palm trees lining the isle and also where you stand in between. They provide various different rentals that they set up and take down for your wedding. You also get your personal wedding coordinator for your wedding. I had Katie, she was absolutely amazing. She was very good at communication with me prior to the wedding and very attentive to my wedding plans. They set up your wedding decorations for you so you can just relax the day of your wedding. The staff was very friendly as well and the food was very good. They have various reception locations. We had ours in the Presidential Ballroom, which was absolutely breathing taking. It overlooks the beach and the gulf. I was very pleased with my wedding and I am already trying to talk my engaged friends in having their wedding there.

Kathleen · Married on 05/04/2018

My now husband and I got married at the Grand Plaza on 5/4/18. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding. Everything was perfect. The food was delicious, the staff was amazing. Our coordinator, Amanda was awesome, she was very helpful and super quick to respond. We’ve had several guests tell us it’s the best wedding they’ve been to. We definitely recommend the Grand Plaza for anyone wanting a beach wedding!!

erica · Married on 04/29/2018

We had our wedding here 4/29/18 and everything turned out absolutely perfect! Not only was the venue wonderful, our wedding coordinator Jacqueline Phillips was incredible! She went above and beyond to make sure all my questions were answered but also to ensure everything was taken care of, in place and handled to perfection!! Not only is the Grand Plaza highly recommend so is Jacqueline!

Katie · Married on 04/22/2018

The Grand Plaza seriously helped us rock our wedding! Before we got married on 4/22/18 there was a lot of talk about how brides were having a hard time with the venue due to coordinator turn over that we became a little nervous. Let me just say, although we did have to change coordinators once and I am so glad we did! Victoria Creekmore is the best! She was so quick to email or call me back with answers to all of my questions. She is literally the sweetest and best they have. Not only did Victoria make us feel like we were the only wedding she had but so did the serving staff! The bartenders were always so attentive to us and our guests. Unfortunately, like most brides and grooms, we did not get to eat very much, but all night and the next day our guest were raving about the food! We are so glad to have chose a venue that includes so much and really helped make our dreams come true! The only problem we had was we got the penthouse for the girls to get ready in, but unfortunate they gave us the smallest one. I was able to switch with my now husband for his suite which worked out perfect! It was plenty big and accommodated all the girls!

The Grand Plaza Resort 8
    The Grand Plaza Resort 9
    The Grand Plaza Resort 10

Katherine · Married on 04/20/2018

Wonderful! We had such an amazing day thanks to Grand Plaza's awesome staff and absolute best wedding team. Victoria was our coordinator and I can not say enough great things about her. She went above and beyond her call of duty to make sure our day was perfect. We came from Philly to get married at the Grand Plaza and Victoria was so organized and accommodating to all of our little details. The food was great, and all recommended vendors were so good. All of our guest had such a great stay and time at the wedding. We really couldn't of asked for more. I'm even more excited about visiting the hotel every anniversary!

Katie & Jibril

Luann · Married on 11/17/2017

Kristin by far was the most accommodating, pleasant, professional wedding planner! She meet all of our needs. The Grand Plaza might host wedding all the time but they made us feel like we were the only ones there. What a wonderful experience we had. Thank you so much. The Harris family

Christina · Married on 11/10/2017

I had my wedding about a month ago here, and let me start off by saying: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! I started my search for a venue at the Grand Plaza, but of course looked at a couple more venues before heading right back to the Grand Plaza- which I fell in love in at first sight!! Tatyana was my coordinator and she could not have been better. From the moment I sat down for the consult until the time my husband and I were getting ready to walk into the hall as the new Mr. and Mrs.- Tatyana was right by our side. Some people say that they are expensive, but honestly, I disagree...they have different packages for your budget. With the package I chose, everything was included from the ceremony site, alcohol, cocktail hour (with hors d'oeuvres), and the wedding cake as well!
    The Grand Plaza was so accommodating to my guests and went above and beyond what I could ever expect!!
    Could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator, better venue, and a better night! Wish I could relive it- it was amazing!!!

Gabrielle · Married on 09/01/2017

Can not wait till our wedding in 2017, Kate was so helpful walking us through everything with this location. Best venue we have looked at by far. :)

• Jordan

Jordan · Married on 08/02/2017

Amazing! Tatiyana was absolutely the best! She took care of everything! The Grand Plaza hosted 65 of our closest friends and family. Perfect week! Best week ever!

Karen · Married on 03/18/2017

The Grand Plaza is thee place to have your wedding!!! My daughter and husband had a beach wedding and the reception was in the Imperial Ballroom...It was over the top!! Kate Finan our wedding planner from the plaza was amazing and so easy to work with. She made our very special day perfect!! Thank you to everyone at the plaza for an awesome day!

maria · Married on 02/25/2017

We got married on 2/25/17 and were very happy we choose the Grand Plaza!! Amanda was EVERYTHING and made for us to have the most PERFECT day! The food, ambiance, beach, service, and drinks were wonderful! Everyone I spoke with after the wedding talked about the food! We choose a buffet and there was definitely something for everyone! I am a self titled "foodie" so the food was very important and I have a excellent culinary taste-->amazing food there! It was the best day and I am so thankful we choose the Grand Plaza! The Grand Plaza is very luck to have Amanda working for them as she is a true gem and professional! Thanks for everything!!

Kasey · Married on 02/17/2017

Amazing service and staff. Kate was great and very helpful.

• Deb

Deb · Married on 01/14/2017

The best thing I did for my wedding was book the Grand Plaza. Tatyana was amazing and answered all of my questions right away. Guests are still talking about the food as well, it was perfect. I could not of had a better day!

• F

Catherine · Married on 12/17/2016

The Grand Plaza was so easy to work with and our wedding was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Tatyana was our main contact and she put forth effort in every way to ensure and all of our questions were answered and that everything ran smoothly. Our guests loved that venue and food!!

M · Married on 12/11/2016

Yes, the view is spectacular... as are the food and drinks, what makes this an amazing location is the staff! Tatyana was an AMAZING coordinator and addressed every concern we had (including several last minute, day of, completely out of the box requests from a few of our vendors). They include a cake from local vendor (Sweet Madness was amazing) as well a penthouse suite for a night.

But it was the little things: the ENTIRE staff from ground up were super sweet, kind, patient, professional, and helpful whenever possible. We had several family members with mobility issues, and they were so accommodating in helping provide transport and care. The room "rate" was very affordable for what is provided, parking priority for guests was appreciated, their coordination with vendor teams was outstanding [and their recommendations were appreciated]... and of course, accommodating our request to include a four-legged flower girl and have our pup join in the ceremony made it all worthwhile. If we had to do it again, we would not hesitate to book the Presidential Ballroom all over again.

Annaka · Married on 11/12/2016

Tori Elkington was the BEST wedding planner. She made planning our wedding so easy. We communicated through email most of the time and she was very quick with her responses. The Grand Plaza was absolutely beautiful. Our wedding was a dream come true.

Kristina · Married on 11/11/2016

Grand Plaza, Grand Plaza, Grand Plaza, Tatyana, Tatyana, Tatyana!!!! Oh my goodness, we had such an amazing experience with the hotel and honestly LOVED our coordinator Tatyana! The hotel is EXTREMELY helpful with any request/ wish you may have regarding your wedding. If it's possible they will make it happen! Literally every single staff member you come in contact with is so nice and very helpful. From Tammy at the front desk, to Rob the bell hop, to Patti at Bongos to Claudia (who approved our after-wedding-brunch) and many people in between- you are completely taken care of here! Above all, the most helpful, patient, easy-to- work-with, positive, upbeat, sweetest person we worked with was the best coordinator ever.. Tatyana!! She is amazing!! We must have exchanged 200 e-mails and dozens of phone calls! She was so quick to respond, and tried her hardest to get whatever we needed taken care of. She even pulled off the Brunch to end all brunches!!! haha She is truly a bride's best friend when planning a wedding. I also need to give some major props to another coordinator named Kate! She is so fun, helpful and easy to get along with. These girls are SO SWEET, any bride would be lucky to have either of these ladies helping to plan their wedding! Thank you so much Grand Plaza and everyone mentioned for all that you did to make our wedding the best day of our lives :)
    - Kristina and Steven Borden

• BeachBride2016

Lara · Married on 11/04/2016

Wow, how do I ever say thank you enough to the Grand Plaza for hosting my perfect wedding?? They are beyond amazing at what they do - and boy do they do a lot! This was the only venue we had an onsite tour of and we didn't have to look any further after that and booked the same weekend (and book soon - they fill up fast!). I never had to worry about a thing during the planning process or on the big day. Their ceremony sites are well maintained and beautiful for that picture perfect FL beach ceremony we all dream of. And their ballrooms - wow. You cannot go wrong with any of the options there. We chose the downstairs Imperial ballroom for it's open space and the attached patio that we used for our cocktail hour. Food is fantastic and Barbara the Bartender comes with our highest recommendations! She is awesome at what she does and just so, so nice. Most of the coordinators there had their own weddings there BEFORE they ever worked there! What does that tell you?? Best value on the beach - seriously, it's a steal for a FL beach wedding!

A very special kudos to our coordinator Tatyana Adams who helped calm my nerves on more than a few occasions and was always readily available to answer my hundreds of questions throughout the process. She is a true professional and I cannot recommend her enough! Seriously, request her - she is the BEST!!

Nicole · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband, Jeff and I, were married October 29,2016. We looked at 5 vendors. The grand plaza being our 2nd. I didn't wanna look any further after seeing the presidential ballroom at the grand plaza! I was in love. We had a morning wedding so a view of the ocean during the whole ceremony! We were upgraded to a penthouse at no extra cost which was awesome cause when we booked our room to begin with we wanted a penthouse and none were available. We worked with Amanda at first and then Tori who was AMAZING! she was very responsive! Helpful! Made suggestions and didn't mind my "stressed out bride" emails I would send.. freaking out about the little things:) they had a beautiful bamboo arch we used at the wedding ... centerpieces were included which was awesome cause they were exactly what I wanted to begin with. The staff was super friendly! I had people coming up to me 2 days after the wedding saying "we saw you and you were gorgeous!" "I loved your tiara!" "Beautiful wedding!" Which was exciting to me that they remembered who I was! My wedding was with the resort ... my reception was at the resort and we stayed at the resort and it was all PERFECT!!

• 2016beachwedding

Lisa · Married on 10/26/2016

There is just not enough good words to say here. We went to view the hotel back in February planning an October wedding. Tatyana was amazing, you could simply not be in better hands. She had all the time in the world for us, no rushing and answered our many questions in detail and is so friendly. We were sent up to the roof top bar after for a drink and WOW, it's amazing. We booked the next day! The low deposit is so great and payments make it easier to budget. Our food tasting was spectacular, they sat is in the revolving restaurant and the food was amazing - literally every single food item we loved. We were planning a small wedding but it might as well of been a huge wedding for the time and effort Tatyana put into helping bring everything together for us. I wanted to do mini cocktails with cocktail sticks in the them for table assignments and she had no problem helping making it happen. Our ceremony and reception area I was able to decorate early which was great. The hotel room view is amazing too with the balcony. The presidential ballroom is breath taking - there is no other word. We took Tatyana's recommendations for band and photographer and oh my god does she know her stuff, we are extremely happy with both and would highly recommend them too. We loved everything and even continued the evening on the roof top bar with our guests the reception ended. Everyone adored the venue and seriously I put a huge amount of peoples enjoyment down to Tatyana's help in making it an amazing day. I wouldn't change a single thing. Please don't bypass this venue in your search for a wedding venue as you will not find better and I can hand on heart say you won't find a better day of coordinator. I hope hotel management read this and recognize that Tatyana is worth her weight in gold! We viewed 5 venues in St Pete and not one of the other coordinators had a patch on her and none other hotels had the wow factor that the Presidential Ballroom has. Thanks, Lisa

Janis · Married on 10/23/2016

Perfect!!!! The wedding coordinators at the Grand Plaza are just amazing. They took care of everything we needed them to and more. Food was wonderful. Would recommend Grand Plaza to any couple looking for a beautiful beach wedding!!!