Kamuela, HI 96743 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 52

About Swept Away Island Weddings & Events

Swept Away Island Weddings & Events is a luxury destination event company specializing in weddings on the Big Island of Hawaii and Oahu.

big island wedding photographyerinlookingback 004
hawaii wedding photographybutterflyboutonniere 002
hawaii wedding photographyflutteringbutterfly 002
hawaii wedding photographyerinonsand 002
Swept Away Island Weddings & Events
mauna lani resort wedding photographyoceansidekiss
hawaii wedding photographyoceansideposing 003
mauna lani resort wedding photographyoceanside 003
Swept Away Island Weddings & Events
mauna lani resort wedding photographysunsetwcouple
Swept Away Island Weddings & Events
mauna lani resort wedding photographyreceptionsetu
big island wedding photographywaterfall 004
big island wedding photographyerinlookingback 004
julieharmseneb036

• Videos 3

25 Reviews for Swept Away Island Weddings & Events

Laura · Married on 09/23/2018

I couldn't recommend Swept Away enough, they are fabulous! A friend had used Swept Away for her wedding and I'm so glad I went with her recommendation! I spoke with Ashely through my booking process who owns the company, she is very professional and was helpful in my negotiations with the hotel (venue). Ashely passed me over to Amber, so Amber was my main contact for the 6 weeks leading up to the wedding. I really enjoyed Amber, she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Amber was so great to work with and her level of organization was impeccable! She thought of things that never would have crossed my mind, it really forced me to get organized prior to the day. I used them for "day of" coordination instead of Full planning, but I wish I had booked them for the full planning package. That's my biggest regret, wedding planning took way more time than I could have imagined. Let's be honest, Amber could have accomplished all that I did on my own in 1/4 the amount of time that I spent making researching vendors & making decisions. She's a professional and knows her stuff! She knows the Hawaiian vendors, has seen tons of weddings in Hawaii and she had great creative & design suggestions. I was also able to rent a number of decorative touches from her that saved me from buying things like baskets, card box, rattan chargers for the tables and that sort of stuff. My wedding day was relatively stress free, It was great to know that I had her keeping all the other vendors organized and getting set up for the big day. Things went wrong at our wedding unexpectedly- there was literally a fire on our dance floor and under the stage our DJ was on because the hotel had a gas leak. Amber and Ashley both kept their cool and helped everyone get re-organized so we could get the DJ music going again. They were relaxed and fun to work with, but they never lost sight of their goals. Couldn't have worked with anyone better, big MAHALO to the girls at Swept Away!

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

Deciding to work with Swept Away Events was the best money spent on our wedding! Heres the story: being an organized person I thought I could handle the wedding planning on my own. I called around the wedding planners throughout the islands to see what the cost would be - right away Swept Away Events led the space for the following reasons: Response time, business organization(provided outline of what the services), attention to detail. I was hesitant to commit, trying to save pennies of course but when I found out I was going to be responsible for vendor (6+ vendors) set up the day of my wedding, I quickly panicked, didn't sleep and called the Swept Away Girls for Day of Support desperate to work with them!

Instant relief, best decision.

From then on Amber was my girl/support system and I had no fear that the day was going to be anything less a dream. Amber was there for me whether a vent of frustration and confusion or a sanity check, always keeping our best interest in mind when reviewing vendor contracts, timeline, asking the detailed questions I would have never thought of but were key for making our wedding the best day!

Managing the whole set up of 6+ vendors, 175 guests, coordinating a wedding party of 25, helping my mom surprise us with a few extra treats, the rehearsal, and many more details- Amber and Ashley executed everything flawlessly.

It was a dream come true, best day of our lives.

My only regret was not engaging with Swept Away Events sooner for their full planning support!

Bailey · Married on 08/05/2017

When my husband and I decided to have a destination wedding we knew we should consider hiring a wedding coordinator to help us out and I can say now that choosing Tiffany and Swept Away Events was hands down the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding process. Tiffany went above and beyond any expectations that I had and was absolutely amazing to work with. When I saw the final product of all of her hard work I was seriously blown away. What she created was more beautiful than anything that I had envisioned and I still can't put into words how perfect she made our day. Not only was she able to put together every element that I wanted and make them all come together perfectly but she did so while being flexible with our limited budget. My husband and I could not be happier with our experience with Tiffany and Swept Away Events and would recommend them for any event you may be planning. I promise that you will not be disappointed.

Swept Away Island Weddings & Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,750.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 5,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Elopement, Eco-Friendly, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 4

• Karen Loudon Photography
    Karen Loudon Photography Wedding Photographers

I've had the GREAT pleasure of working with Swept Away Island Weddings & Events several times over the past few years, I love working with them as a vendor because everything is always so elegantly planned and organized! I've seen how Ashley, Tiffy & Daneille are able to turn a couples ideas and dreams into reality as well as make the wedding day SEAMLESS. I would recommend Swept Away to any engaged couple planning to get married on the Big Island!

• Tiger Jones Productions
    Tiger Jones Productions Wedding DJs

Working with Ashley and the girls at Swept Away is a dream! They are professional, creative, honest and detail oriented. They go out of their way to ensure a perfect wedding or event. We highly recommend their services.

• Kamuela, HI 96743 See on map