Kapaa, HI 96746 Map · Phone number

About Weddings Kauai

Facts about me

• I was born and raised in Skødstrup, Denmark.
  • When I was 10 years old I watched Blue Hawaii and told my mom that I wanted to go to Hawaii. 9 years later, I arrived on Kauai.
  • In 1998 I started planning weddings.
  • To date, I've planned over 900 weddings.
  • I was part of a Danish reality TV show called "Bryllupper for millioner" (Weddings for Millions).
  • I'm a bit of a neat freak (I dislike clutter).
  • In the morning I enjoy listening to Bossa Nova and drinking a latte.
  • Nearly every day, I go on a jog or do yoga (or drink red wine in yoga pants).
  • I don't have cable TV, a land line, or a fax machine (cable tv ended when Sex in the City ended).
  • I have a jewelry line called Wahine Rox.
  • I'm married to a photographer, Gelston Dwight.
Follow Weddings Kauai on

Wedding kiss
b259f3154ca7a134 1423522709817 129

24 Reviews for Weddings Kauai

Alison · Married on 06/24/2017

Iben was wonderful to work with and her support made our wedding more enjoyable for us and guests! When I first booked her services about a year in advance of our wedding, I was somewhat skeptical as to whether I needed a coordinator. Since I am a teacher and have the summers off, I had plenty of time to do my own research and start booking vendors. With weddingwire, yelp, and all of the other online forums where you can read reviews and learn your options, I thought that maybe I could plan the wedding myself. I am sure if I needed to I could have, but having Iben's assistance turned out to be more helpful than I imagined. As the date got closer, she was there to answer all of my questions, however small, and she often would respond within hours if not minutes of me sending an email about some tiny wedding detail. She created a timeline of our event and booked our DJ for us, and she would always offer recommendations and advice upon request. I was also able to ship some decorations to her prior to the wedding, which I found very helpful. Finally, the week of the wedding it was so nice to have her! She took care of calling vendors to make sure everything was in place a few days before the wedding (not something you want to be doing if you are vacationing in Kauai). She also set up our tables beautifully, and she helped make sure the whole evening from ceremony to after dinner ran smoothly. She was friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. We couldn't have asked for better service!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Claire · Married on 07/16/2016

Iben went above and beyond everything we expected of her for the wedding. She answered (many) questions, assisted us in locating any services we needed (we are from Victoria, BC so it was great to have someone in Kaua'i with local knowledge helping us), and was overall always available and friendly to speak with. Our wedding went off incredibly smoothly, and I know this was in no small part due to Iben overseeing it. I would highly recommend Iben as a coordinator to anyone considering a wedding on Kaua'i!

Sent on 07/25/2016

We had a fantastic experience with Weddings Kauai. Iben planned our intimate ceremony on the beautiful Tunnels beach at just the right time of day for both the wedding and the photos. We chose Niles Kageyama as our officiant and he led a meaningful and moving ceremony that left us inspired. Iben's husband Gelston is an amazing photographer and we are incredibly pleased with our photos. I highly recommend Weddings Kauai!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Weddings Kauai FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 150.00
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Kelvin Ho
    Kelvin Ho Wedding Officiants

Iben is the perfect blend of heartfelt service and attention to detail. She has great communication skills and experience. A favorite with all the best vendors...

• Kapaa, 96746 See on map