Karen Loudon Photography

Karen Loudon Photography

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Karen Loudon Photography

It's all about YOU!

Karen Loudon Photography is a boutique photography studio in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii, that seeks to capture the uniqueness of each couple on their special day. Karen Loudon follows two philosophies with her wedding photography: photojournalistic and editorial. She balances these two philosophies with capturing the little unexpected moments and the composed shots of both engagement sessions and destination weddings.

With each custom photography collection she composes, Karen Loudon provides over 100 edited, high resolution images for every hour of photography coverage. Additionally, couples will receive an online, password-protected gallery and USB flash drive of their photographic memories. Karen Loudon Photography services all of the Hawaiian islands, allowing each couple to celebrate and commemorate their relationships anywhere on the island.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Photos
Second Shooter (1)
Video (1)
Digital Files (1)

Our wedding was captured so beautifully by Karen!! She helped us plan out the ceremony and was there from the beginning giving us tips and suggestions for vendors. Her knowledge of light and angles was amazing! We are so happy with her work and her assistant Hannah! She managed to make our pictures romantic, beautiful and fun! She was also super nice and laid back. They managed to get many pictures where we forget they were even there! Then the next day we got 50 previews and were already in love with the results. The rest of them came a few months later and we were blown away. So talented!! We are grateful we found her!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/31/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Video, Digital Files

Where do I even begin? My wife and I were lucky enough to find Karen on our own for our destination wedding at a coffee farm just outside of Kona. It’s hard to ignore someone with a 5 star rating, isn’t it?

Beginning with our correspondences, we were blown away with the promptness in her email replies, and knew right away that Karen was the choice for us. Her questionnaire was thorough and actually enjoyable to fill out.

On the day of the wedding, from the moment she arrived, she and her assistant Hannah became part of the glue that held the day together. Their calm demeanors helped keep myself and the bride in a state of ease and bliss, thereby freeing us to fully embrace and enjoy the moment at hand.

Karen had many great ideas for poses, and she was great at gently directing us the right positions. She kept the shoot moving, completing an impressive number of different poses in the short first look period before our ceremony.

Oh, and then there’s the quality of the work itself. We were blown away with the quality of the sneak peak and are like two kids at Christmas waiting for the rest of our presents to come (I know the wait will be worth it!).

All in all, I can’t recommend Karen Loudon enough. If you’re someone without experience in front of a camera, she will put you at ease and help create the magical memories that your magical day truly deserves.

We are truly grateful and can’t recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Jono, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was the photographer at our recent wedding on the big island. She was absolutely amazing to work with and captured the most beautiful moments from our special day. We were planning a destination wedding and Karen was always available and very responsive by phone and email. She had us pick out shots we really liked and post it on Pinterest, and then had a copy of those images with her at our wedding and was able to capture everything we wanted. When we arrived on the big island, we met with her in person to go over all the details of what we envisioned. She came fully prepared and had great ideas on everything. She and her assistant took getting ready photos and truly exceeded my very high expectations. She is very easy to work with, calm, organized, and captured light and sunsets in a way I had never seen done before. She even drove us in her car to another site to get sunset pictures. Despite unplanned delays and flooding at our wedding, Karen was very flexible and made sure we got all the images we wanted. She was very efficient and such a pleasure to work with. I also did a lot of price comparisons before we booked her, and she was very reasonable for the high quality of the product you get. We got a sneak peek with around 50 images from our wedding the day after our big day. She also provides the print release for everything and a USB of all the images, making it super easy and cheap to get the pictures printed from any site. We also have an online gallery that our entire family was able to view and order from. Karen is also making our wedding album where we get the final look and pick of the pictures. She has such creative, artistic ideas and we cannot wait to see the wedding album. Hiring Karen as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She went above and beyond in every single thing and even came to our rehearsal, so she knew my family and friends before our wedding day! I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Profile Picture Anita, 4/28/17, 3 Reviews

Photos & Videos

7 Photos

Royal Kona Resort

7 Photos
220x220 sq 1520970460 fb9de1ccb26f6ec4 1520970458 5b3164d784a33d40 1520970459967 2 royal kona wedding
220x220 sq 1520970771 7e601d409a6377ee 1520970768 68ca4c907e4ebf31 1520970770742 7 royal kona wedding
220x220 sq 1520970481 207aa6e333442272 1520970476 5eeeb42106da0204 1520970478599 3 royal kona wedding
220x220 sq 1520970593 26597c4ae6caef9c 1520970590 e930cd4fadfc531c 1520970592807 6 royal kona wedding
220x220 sq 1520970510 1015791400f27508 1520970507 2ffe35c855de974c 1520970509796 4 royal kona wedding
220x220 sq 1520970402 2eb99e6d4640a213 1520970399 a3ec4862346c90b9 1520970400477 1 royal kona wedding
220x220 sq 1520970531 d9ea02a9ec691ce1 1520970529 eabdc73aef0b5507 1520970531468 5 royal kona wedding

2 VIDEOS

10 ENDORSEMENTS
Specializing in unique destination wedding and engagement photography based in Kailua-Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. Karen is an AMAZING photographer! Karen will capture the most beautiful moments of your Wedding day. She is very easy to work with, calm, organized, and captured light and sunsets in a way I had never seen done before. Karen has an exceptional talent. All of my brides who have worked with her LOVE their photo's. I Highly recommend her services. Aloha - Melanie Lucas Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel

I've had the pleasure of working with Karen on several weddings now, and she is such a pro. She is easy to communicate with, is always on time, and always gets the right shots at the right time, delivering gorgeous photos to her clients, every time.

Karen shot a wedding at our venue, and as an event coordinator, I could have not been more pleased with her attention to detail and passion in her work. The photos are gorgeous, but also working with her is so easy and enjoyable. We will be recommending her to future couples. Mahalo, Karen!

Kailua Kona, HI 96740   See On Map