86 Reviews for Karen Loudon Photography

Second Shooter (1)
Video (1)
Digital Files (1)
85 Karen Loudon Photography Reviews

Our wedding was captured so beautifully by Karen!! She helped us plan out the ceremony and was there from the beginning giving us tips and suggestions for vendors. Her knowledge of light and angles was amazing! We are so happy with her work and her assistant Hannah! She managed to make our pictures romantic, beautiful and fun! She was also super nice and laid back. They managed to get many pictures where we forget they were even there! Then the next day we got 50 previews and were already in love with the results. The rest of them came a few months later and we were blown away. So talented!! We are grateful we found her!

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/31/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Video, Digital Files

Where do I even begin? My wife and I were lucky enough to find Karen on our own for our destination wedding at a coffee farm just outside of Kona. It’s hard to ignore someone with a 5 star rating, isn’t it?

Beginning with our correspondences, we were blown away with the promptness in her email replies, and knew right away that Karen was the choice for us. Her questionnaire was thorough and actually enjoyable to fill out.

On the day of the wedding, from the moment she arrived, she and her assistant Hannah became part of the glue that held the day together. Their calm demeanors helped keep myself and the bride in a state of ease and bliss, thereby freeing us to fully embrace and enjoy the moment at hand.

Karen had many great ideas for poses, and she was great at gently directing us the right positions. She kept the shoot moving, completing an impressive number of different poses in the short first look period before our ceremony.

Oh, and then there’s the quality of the work itself. We were blown away with the quality of the sneak peak and are like two kids at Christmas waiting for the rest of our presents to come (I know the wait will be worth it!).

All in all, I can’t recommend Karen Loudon enough. If you’re someone without experience in front of a camera, she will put you at ease and help create the magical memories that your magical day truly deserves.

We are truly grateful and can’t recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Jono, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was the photographer at our recent wedding on the big island. She was absolutely amazing to work with and captured the most beautiful moments from our special day. We were planning a destination wedding and Karen was always available and very responsive by phone and email. She had us pick out shots we really liked and post it on Pinterest, and then had a copy of those images with her at our wedding and was able to capture everything we wanted. When we arrived on the big island, we met with her in person to go over all the details of what we envisioned. She came fully prepared and had great ideas on everything. She and her assistant took getting ready photos and truly exceeded my very high expectations. She is very easy to work with, calm, organized, and captured light and sunsets in a way I had never seen done before. She even drove us in her car to another site to get sunset pictures. Despite unplanned delays and flooding at our wedding, Karen was very flexible and made sure we got all the images we wanted. She was very efficient and such a pleasure to work with. I also did a lot of price comparisons before we booked her, and she was very reasonable for the high quality of the product you get. We got a sneak peek with around 50 images from our wedding the day after our big day. She also provides the print release for everything and a USB of all the images, making it super easy and cheap to get the pictures printed from any site. We also have an online gallery that our entire family was able to view and order from. Karen is also making our wedding album where we get the final look and pick of the pictures. She has such creative, artistic ideas and we cannot wait to see the wedding album. Hiring Karen as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She went above and beyond in every single thing and even came to our rehearsal, so she knew my family and friends before our wedding day! I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Profile Picture Anita, 4/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Look at her photos and see whether her artistry speaks to you. We chose her from many others and not only did she capture our hearts but did so beautifully. She know what photos can be special and was totally unobtrusive during the entire ceremony.

Profile Picture Paul, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Karen! She was incredible to work with, and made everything about our day go smoothly. She suggested the timeline for our day, which was so helpful, especially with planning a destination wedding. She captured the true essence of us as a couple and how we felt our day went. Everyone has been blown away by her work and I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Kari, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We booked Karen Loudon for a 3 hour photography package for our wedding in May 2016 - Karen and her assistant Hannah made the photography session fun and enjoyable (and this is coming from someone who normally hates to have photos taken!), and they were very patient with the non-English speaking members of our family - Karen could even speak some French to help with direction. A link to some sneak peek photos arrived in less than a week, and exceeded our expectations. Karen's use of lighting for our sunset beach photography was stunning, and her eye for detail in setting up the shots made for some great photos. Karen was prompt with communicating throughout the planning process, and was laid back yet very professional. We highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture J, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When my fiancé and I decided not to have a destination wedding in Hawaii, our next best thing was to have our engagement photos taken in Hawaii. After extensive research, Karen was the best fit for us. Her style and eye for details in her photography says it all. We booked our date with her months out and kept in touch through e-mail. On the day of our session, I was afraid to be in front of the camera, but Karen was very laid back and made our photo shoot super fun and comfortable. She suggested the perfect location after telling her what we wanted our surroundings to be captured in our images. As promised, we received our beautiful sneak peek photos the day after our shoot and we are very pleased with them. Karen Loudon is highly recommended if you want beautiful pictures!!!

Profile Picture Nancy, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen did an incredible job photographing my husband and I's wedding on the big island. She went above and beyond what we had hoped for, really capturing the feel of our wedding day in every photo. They will be treasured for a lifetime.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was everything I can expect from a wedding photographer and much more. She respond to my emails in a short period of time, which in Hawaii was not that common. All my interaction with her I can feel her professionalism, kindness, and above all, caring for us on our special day. I didn't hire a wedding planner, so Karen recommended me florist, makeup artist. She even brought her own new year sparklers when I mentioned that I couldn't find any vendor to ship sparklers to Hawaii. Working with her was such a breeze. She is responsive, on time and the best at what she does. She sent me tips about how to prep for the wedding photography. Those were helpful and made the day less stressful as we always had some extra time for a few more photos at each session. And I enjoyed the wedding, felt relaxed throughout. The sneak peak photos were amazing, also personal, like telling a story. I highly recommend Karen for wedding and other photography sessions. She is so nice, so sweet, so acommodative and I will never forget my time with her.

Profile Picture User6599282, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was included in our package through the Royal Kona Reaort. She was amazing to work with and very easy going. She does amazing pictures and she has a lot of good ideas for pictures.

Profile Picture Kasey, 3/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you are looking for a wedding photographer in hawaii, look no further! I was lucky enough to have Karen photograph my wedding elopement last week and I couldn't be happier with the sneak peak photos she sent us! In just a short amount of time, she was able to capture such a variety of beautiful photos for us. And coming from someone that considers herself unphotogenic, thats saying a lot! My husband and I always look so awkward when posing for pictures but she gave good instruction and jumped right in to demonstrate different poses, which was so helpful! She has such a good eye and really makes her vision come alive beautifully. As we are not from hawaii, I was nervous about flaky vendors, but Karen was always very responsive via email, which put my mind at ease. Your photos are all the memories you will have at the end of the day so you want to invest in a talented and experienced photographer. I highly recommend her, you will not be sorry!

Profile Picture Amy, 1/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our photography experience was perfect. It was everything I could have asked for. We traveled very far to get married on the beautiful Big Island and I am grateful for how smooth all the planning with Karen Loudon went. Thank you!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If I could give Karen 10 stars I would!

She absolutely MADE our wedding! It was the best money spent, and the thing we treasure the most afterwards. The wedding was perfect and I get to relive it with these photos. It went by so fast and going back through and seeing it captured on film is such a gift. Karen has a way of capturing the essence of a person in her photos, their personality shines through.

I have never seen another photographer who can do this. She made me and my husband feel so comfortable! Not to mention the whole family!

She was the reason everything went so smoothly on the wedding day; her advice before hand, and her help the day of, not to mention her calming presence, were a huge factor in it being so perfect!

I can't recommend her enough! There isn't another photographer with her skill that I have found. She is an artist in every sense, but she has no ego or any of that high maintenance stuff that some artists bring. She is happy for your suggestions and requests, and damn does she make you look good!!!

Karen really made me Princess for a day... actually 2 days cause I got another shoot afterwards!

Karen makes me feel like a model. As someone who spend a quarter of a century describing herself as un-photogenic, that's saying a Lot! She is gifted and she is a gift.

Profile Picture User5062897, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We chose to do a destination wedding on the big island of hawaii. So my husband did a search for photographers in the area and we found Karen. We really liked her style of photography. And let me tell you we are so glad we picked Karen. She is amazingly talented and our wedding photos turned out amazing. I'm so happy with the way our photos turned out. We hired her for the whole day; she must have been with us for about 12 hours that day. She gave us more than a thousand photos, and I like so many of them that I do not know which photos to post. Getting it down to even 800 photos were hard. I have to cut that down to even less, like 200 to post. Her photos are so good that it's hard to do. She's very calm and kind of on a softer spoken side and she gives really great artistic direction so you don't have to have much experience taking photos. She had me at ease and I was not stressed out at all at my wedding taking photos. She took photos from me getting ready in the morning to our departure with the sparklers around 10PM that night - 12 full hours and still all quality photos from beginning to end. You should look at her portfolio, they speak for themselves.

Profile Picture Susan, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was a pleasure to have Karen as our wedding photographer. She was very familiar with the area and knew all the perfect spots for beautiful portraits. She was calm and patient with us and all our guests. We loved the sneak-peak photos she sent us, and we can't wait for the rest of the wedding pictures!

Profile Picture Kimmy, 12/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We picked Karen for our wedding because her style and portfolio matched what we were looking for. The result was beyond our expectation!
She was extremely organized. She provided questionnaires to try to understand our needs and gave us some to-do list and tips to help us prepare ahead of time. She saved us so much time and work by taking initiatives to learn about us and our day-of.
The photos turned out phenomenal because we were so comfortable around her and her assistant. If you are looking for photographer on the Big Island, we highly recommend Karen. You will definitely be satisfied with working with her!

Profile Picture Julia, 11/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Karen photographed our wedding at the Royal Kona Resort. My family and I are a tough group to handle but she wrangled everyone to get all the group shots. She was extremely professional and the sneak peak shots she sent us are incredible. Like something you see in bridal magazines! I cannot wait to see more! I would book her again if I ever have another event in Kona!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My partner (now husband) and I decided to get married on the Big Island while on vacation this past October. We looked at quite a few photographers and based on web searches and reviews, we decided on Karen Loudon Photography. Our primary reason for using Karen Loudon Photography was her eye for incorporating the natural beauty of Hawaii into her photos!

Karen provided us with great service. From my initial inquiries, to finalizing the contract, payment processing and setting up the location date and time, Karen answered my questions in a timely manner. Everything was handled via email which worked out great for me since we're so busy at home. On the day of our ceremony, she introduced herself and provide us with great input as to where to have the ceremony and from there, she dropped back and did her magic during our ceremony. After our ceremony we took her direction and had our photo session. It was a fun experience!

My husband and I would highly recommend Karen Loudon Photography to anyone looking for wedding pictures! In fact we are talking about doing another session the next time we're on the Big Island.

Profile Picture Tony, 10/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Karen photographed our elopement ceremony at Puakea Ranch and every photograph captured all the special moments, the essence of our day and the spirit of the ranch. She was timely, unobtrusive, professional, and comfortable to work with. She was quick to post our sneak peeks which we immediately shared with family and friends. Everyone commented on how beautiful the pictures are. We just received the final package and all we can say is "Wow!" Karen has an exceptional talent. Highly recommend her service. Mahalo, Karen!

Profile Picture User4533442, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Karen was very accommodating. We booked her for our wedding in January, but we came to Kona early for a test/engagement photo shoot. She understood the exact lighting we were going for and she made recommendations as to where we should shoot. We were more than overjoyed with the outcome. She is easy to work with and very flexible. We are so happy with our choice and can't wait to work with her in January!

Profile Picture Sharon, 9/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Karen for our wedding and we couldn’t have made a better decision. She is very professional, easy going, and has very good eye to capture intimate and joyful moments without being intrusive. The post production of her photos is impressive and adds a special mood depending on the location and situation taken. Thanks Karen!

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was great! I appreciated her quick turn around for us to view some of our photos a few days after our wedding!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was very easy to work with and provided us with some beautiful photos to share of our special day!

Profile Picture Krista, 6/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen is an AMAZING photographer! I was a bit scattered before my wedding and she was extremely helpful and understanding. I often feel awkward when people photograph me and she had a very kind way of making me and my family/guests feel very comfortable. She is also very creative and really took the time to make sure she captured all of special moments. When I received my photos I instantly cried because she captured our special day PERFECTLY! I really couldn't ask for anything more and would HIGHLY recomend her!!!!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen and her team were absolutely amazing throughout our day. They laughed with us, took breath taking pictures of us, and made us feel relaxed while taking pictures. She was able to replicate images I asked for while taking her own creative images.

I couldn't have picked a better photographer from start to finish. I am thankful she was able to capture our wonderful day!

Profile Picture elisa, 6/7/14, 5 Reviews