85 Reviews for Karen Loudon Photography

84 Karen Loudon Photography Reviews

Karen was the photographer at our recent wedding on the big island. She was absolutely amazing to work with and captured the most beautiful moments from our special day. We were planning a destination wedding and Karen was always available and very responsive by phone and email. She had us pick out shots we really liked and post it on Pinterest, and then had a copy of those images with her at our wedding and was able to capture everything we wanted. When we arrived on the big island, we met with her in person to go over all the details of what we envisioned. She came fully prepared and had great ideas on everything. She and her assistant took getting ready photos and truly exceeded my very high expectations. She is very easy to work with, calm, organized, and captured light and sunsets in a way I had never seen done before. She even drove us in her car to another site to get sunset pictures. Despite unplanned delays and flooding at our wedding, Karen was very flexible and made sure we got all the images we wanted. She was very efficient and such a pleasure to work with. I also did a lot of price comparisons before we booked her, and she was very reasonable for the high quality of the product you get. We got a sneak peek with around 50 images from our wedding the day after our big day. She also provides the print release for everything and a USB of all the images, making it super easy and cheap to get the pictures printed from any site. We also have an online gallery that our entire family was able to view and order from. Karen is also making our wedding album where we get the final look and pick of the pictures. She has such creative, artistic ideas and we cannot wait to see the wedding album. Hiring Karen as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She went above and beyond in every single thing and even came to our rehearsal, so she knew my family and friends before our wedding day! I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Profile Picture Anita, 4/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Look at her photos and see whether her artistry speaks to you. We chose her from many others and not only did she capture our hearts but did so beautifully. She know what photos can be special and was totally unobtrusive during the entire ceremony.

Profile Picture Paul, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Karen! She was incredible to work with, and made everything about our day go smoothly. She suggested the timeline for our day, which was so helpful, especially with planning a destination wedding. She captured the true essence of us as a couple and how we felt our day went. Everyone has been blown away by her work and I would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Kari, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen did an incredible job photographing my husband and I's wedding on the big island. She went above and beyond what we had hoped for, really capturing the feel of our wedding day in every photo. They will be treasured for a lifetime.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was everything I can expect from a wedding photographer and much more. She respond to my emails in a short period of time, which in Hawaii was not that common. All my interaction with her I can feel her professionalism, kindness, and above all, caring for us on our special day. I didn't hire a wedding planner, so Karen recommended me florist, makeup artist. She even brought her own new year sparklers when I mentioned that I couldn't find any vendor to ship sparklers to Hawaii. Working with her was such a breeze. She is responsive, on time and the best at what she does. She sent me tips about how to prep for the wedding photography. Those were helpful and made the day less stressful as we always had some extra time for a few more photos at each session. And I enjoyed the wedding, felt relaxed throughout. The sneak peak photos were amazing, also personal, like telling a story. I highly recommend Karen for wedding and other photography sessions. She is so nice, so sweet, so acommodative and I will never forget my time with her.

Profile Picture User6599282, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was included in our package through the Royal Kona Reaort. She was amazing to work with and very easy going. She does amazing pictures and she has a lot of good ideas for pictures.

Profile Picture Kasey, 3/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you are looking for a wedding photographer in hawaii, look no further! I was lucky enough to have Karen photograph my wedding elopement last week and I couldn't be happier with the sneak peak photos she sent us! In just a short amount of time, she was able to capture such a variety of beautiful photos for us. And coming from someone that considers herself unphotogenic, thats saying a lot! My husband and I always look so awkward when posing for pictures but she gave good instruction and jumped right in to demonstrate different poses, which was so helpful! She has such a good eye and really makes her vision come alive beautifully. As we are not from hawaii, I was nervous about flaky vendors, but Karen was always very responsive via email, which put my mind at ease. Your photos are all the memories you will have at the end of the day so you want to invest in a talented and experienced photographer. I highly recommend her, you will not be sorry!

Profile Picture Amy, 1/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our photography experience was perfect. It was everything I could have asked for. We traveled very far to get married on the beautiful Big Island and I am grateful for how smooth all the planning with Karen Loudon went. Thank you!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We chose to do a destination wedding on the big island of hawaii. So my husband did a search for photographers in the area and we found Karen. We really liked her style of photography. And let me tell you we are so glad we picked Karen. She is amazingly talented and our wedding photos turned out amazing. I'm so happy with the way our photos turned out. We hired her for the whole day; she must have been with us for about 12 hours that day. She gave us more than a thousand photos, and I like so many of them that I do not know which photos to post. Getting it down to even 800 photos were hard. I have to cut that down to even less, like 200 to post. Her photos are so good that it's hard to do. She's very calm and kind of on a softer spoken side and she gives really great artistic direction so you don't have to have much experience taking photos. She had me at ease and I was not stressed out at all at my wedding taking photos. She took photos from me getting ready in the morning to our departure with the sparklers around 10PM that night - 12 full hours and still all quality photos from beginning to end. You should look at her portfolio, they speak for themselves.

Profile Picture Susan, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was a pleasure to have Karen as our wedding photographer. She was very familiar with the area and knew all the perfect spots for beautiful portraits. She was calm and patient with us and all our guests. We loved the sneak-peak photos she sent us, and we can't wait for the rest of the wedding pictures!

Profile Picture Kimmy, 12/6/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We picked Karen for our wedding because her style and portfolio matched what we were looking for. The result was beyond our expectation!
She was extremely organized. She provided questionnaires to try to understand our needs and gave us some to-do list and tips to help us prepare ahead of time. She saved us so much time and work by taking initiatives to learn about us and our day-of.
The photos turned out phenomenal because we were so comfortable around her and her assistant. If you are looking for photographer on the Big Island, we highly recommend Karen. You will definitely be satisfied with working with her!

Profile Picture Julia, 11/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Karen photographed our wedding at the Royal Kona Resort. My family and I are a tough group to handle but she wrangled everyone to get all the group shots. She was extremely professional and the sneak peak shots she sent us are incredible. Like something you see in bridal magazines! I cannot wait to see more! I would book her again if I ever have another event in Kona!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My partner (now husband) and I decided to get married on the Big Island while on vacation this past October. We looked at quite a few photographers and based on web searches and reviews, we decided on Karen Loudon Photography. Our primary reason for using Karen Loudon Photography was her eye for incorporating the natural beauty of Hawaii into her photos!

Karen provided us with great service. From my initial inquiries, to finalizing the contract, payment processing and setting up the location date and time, Karen answered my questions in a timely manner. Everything was handled via email which worked out great for me since we're so busy at home. On the day of our ceremony, she introduced herself and provide us with great input as to where to have the ceremony and from there, she dropped back and did her magic during our ceremony. After our ceremony we took her direction and had our photo session. It was a fun experience!

My husband and I would highly recommend Karen Loudon Photography to anyone looking for wedding pictures! In fact we are talking about doing another session the next time we're on the Big Island.

Profile Picture Tony, 10/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Karen photographed our elopement ceremony at Puakea Ranch and every photograph captured all the special moments, the essence of our day and the spirit of the ranch. She was timely, unobtrusive, professional, and comfortable to work with. She was quick to post our sneak peeks which we immediately shared with family and friends. Everyone commented on how beautiful the pictures are. We just received the final package and all we can say is "Wow!" Karen has an exceptional talent. Highly recommend her service. Mahalo, Karen!

Profile Picture User4533442, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Karen was very accommodating. We booked her for our wedding in January, but we came to Kona early for a test/engagement photo shoot. She understood the exact lighting we were going for and she made recommendations as to where we should shoot. We were more than overjoyed with the outcome. She is easy to work with and very flexible. We are so happy with our choice and can't wait to work with her in January!

Profile Picture Sharon, 9/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Karen for our wedding and we couldn’t have made a better decision. She is very professional, easy going, and has very good eye to capture intimate and joyful moments without being intrusive. The post production of her photos is impressive and adds a special mood depending on the location and situation taken. Thanks Karen!

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was great! I appreciated her quick turn around for us to view some of our photos a few days after our wedding!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was very easy to work with and provided us with some beautiful photos to share of our special day!

Profile Picture Krista, 6/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen and her team were absolutely amazing throughout our day. They laughed with us, took breath taking pictures of us, and made us feel relaxed while taking pictures. She was able to replicate images I asked for while taking her own creative images.

I couldn't have picked a better photographer from start to finish. I am thankful she was able to capture our wonderful day!

Profile Picture elisa, 6/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were married on Maui in May 2014 and hired Karen Loudon to fly over from the big island. I was ecstatic when she had the availability, because she was the only photographer whose style and images I fell in love with. Her eye and talent set her miles apart from any of the other photographers I came across in my search. From the second I met her, I knew I had made the right decision. She is incredibly down-to-earth, friendly, easy-going, and made the whole experience fun and memorable. I can't say enough positive things about her! When we got our sneak peek photos, my husband, myself and our family and friends were blown away. Stunning photos and I couldn't be happier. We can't recommend Karen Loudon enough!

Profile Picture User4132090, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Love, love, love Karen Loudon! She is so easy going and low key and just made our whole wedding session so easy! No stress, no uncomfortable fake posing, just really natural and a wonderful time......and then I got the "sneak peak" photos the next day. OMG!!!! I just love what she captured. The light and the angles were so perfect! It was so much better than I was expecting, even after having poured over her entire website before I selected her. Can't say enough great things about her. Just book her!

Profile Picture April, 4/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We booked Karen for our elopement in Hawaii. She was fantastic from the beginning recommending the perfect beach and minister. We couldn't have been happier with her. She is the loveliest of people, very relaxed and warm.

She comes with a bank of great ideas and made the whole thing stress free. Her sneak preview photos are just beautiful and everyone was very jealous of it all once they saw the beautiful pics.

Our 13 month old son was there too and his being there didn't phase her and she was great at making sure to get great shots of him too

Highly recommended if you want an excellent and lovely photographer to make your day memorable.

Profile Picture Sinead, 2/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Karen was amazing! She showed up exactly on time and prepared. She was so sweet and her eye for light and detail were phenomenal. She even made sure to cover all the poses that I wanted to do (via a Pinterest Board for her). We received 48 sneak peek photos the day after the wedding and they took my breath away. I cannot wait to see the rest. It was a pleasure to work with Karen and would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Kelly, 2/24/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had our engagement pictures taken by Karen and we are very happy with the few that we've seen so far!! She was so flexible and understanding when we had to reschedule our session!! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User3978364, 2+ years ago, 1 Review