15269 Don Julian Rd, Hacienda Heights, CA 91745 Map · Phone number

About Spotlight Groove Productions

Spotlight Groove is an Asian Chinese American DJ / MC and Lighting Design company that specializes in bilingual Chinese American Weddings; servicing the greater Los Angeles County, San Gabriel Valley and Orange County. Our DJ and MC are fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. We Specialize in Asian Chinese American Wedding Ceremony and Wedding Reception, Reception DJ and Emcee, Wall Uplighting, Monogram GOBO projection, Day of Event Coordination, Master of Ceremony, Music Programming, Effective Ice Breakers, Video Projection Services, Karaoke, and Wedding Lighting Design. Spotlight Groove Productions is a full time, fully insured company. For more information, date availabilities, pictures and videos of our past events, please visit our website at www.spotlightgroove.com .

Established in 1992, Stan and Jonsen started Spotlight Groove while attending college at the University of California at Santa Barbara. Stan has managed production in over 100 live events as well DJ / MC in over hundreds of college, club, wedding and corporate events in the past 19 years. Stan started off as a college DJ while attending the University of California at Santa Barbara in 1992. Along with Jonsen, they were voted the most "liked" UCSB fraternity party DJ crew. Stan also hosted a weekly dance music show on the local college station. Fluent in English, Cantonese and proficient in Mandarin. Whether it be rocking a crowd of 20 or 2000, Jonsen has never left a dance floor empty in the past 18 years. Jonsen started DJing college parties and formal events while attending UCSB in 1995 as a freshman. His music knowledge ranges from big band swing of the 1920s to the latest club hits. Fluent in English and Cantonese, proficient in Mandarin.

Follow Spotlight Groove Productions on

dsc00157
dsc00424

23 Reviews for Spotlight Groove Productions

Michael · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved Jonsen and Howard! They helped us throw a super fun wedding full of energy! All reviews from our family and friends were positive, everyone had a great time, much thanks to Jonsen and Howard! My friends even mentioned to me after the wedding that the music particularly was so good. Howard's voice is powerful and great for introducing the wedding party. My parent's and their friends were really looking forward to Howard MC'ing the wedding because they've heard of him from AM 1430.

It sounded like Jonsen and Howard also had a great time with us and our guests which makes it all the more fun. Our friends danced and raged until the end, which is all I can wish for. We definitely will be recommending Spotlight Groove to our friends getting married in the future. Thanks guys!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Belinda · Married on 09/03/2016

Looking for a Wedding DJ and MC? Prefer a bilingual Cantonese and English speaker? Need one who is modern and also knows how to rock a traditional Chinese weddings? Here it is!

We were in search of the perfect Canto/English speaking MC/DJ super combo for our wedding and we hit a bullseye! The team that Jonsen brought together was awesome and our night went on with out a hitch. My husband and I cannot thank him enough for putting together a great reception and for the great communication with the rest of our wedding vendor team. He's also performed at our venue NBC Seafood in Monterey Park many times so he was able to lend us some guidance about our venue as well!

Jonsen was current with his music choices and definitely went with the suggestions we provided as well. Our MC, Ronnie worked the crowd well and we had nothing but great comments about his character. He made the night very fun and definitely kept the crowd engaged for the whole night and was able to pull the crowd onto the dance floor by the end of the night.

These five stars are well earned as I would book them for future events and recommend him to family and friends for their events as well. They were easy to work with, very professional, and very thorough. Jonsen made it a point to review the media we had prepared to make sure the quality was up to par. The team was on time and set up without my even noticing anything.

On top of our DJ/MC super combo, they also packaged in a photo booth which our guests had a blast with. All of this was done at a reasonable price considering the quality of people we worked with. I've been to a wedding where the MC didn't remember the brides name. Spotlight Groove Productions worked with us so extensively leading up to the wedding, I don't think this would even be possible.

Give these guys a call and meet with them before your next event. You'll find them very likable and easygoing.

Thanks for the great night, Jonsen and Ronnie!

Sent on 09/12/2016

EMILY · Married on 05/29/2016

DJs and MCs usually make or break the wedding. I was really worried about this part. I didn’t want my guests to be bored, but I also needed to find a Chinese speaking MC to host the event per my in-law’s requests. I was really worried it would become a tacky Asian wedding, which defeated the whole purpose of having an American style wedding.

Luckily , through Jennifer Huie my planner’s referral list, I was able to come across Spotlight Groove. They were excellent! Jonsen the Dj was very responsive and had a lot of great ideas for the wedding games. He was very professional and I loved the initial meeting. He really listened to what I wanted for the wedding day, which was NO EDM. He had an excellent playlist and played a lot of hip-hop throw backs which I loved.

Even more amazing, Howard our MC was SOOOOO GOOD. His Chinese was excellent and probably better than my husband. He just had a way with the crowd. He didn’t make it tacky, and everyone loved his jokes. He had great rapport and made the wedding night so fun and I am so pleased with how everything came out.

Thank you so much Spotlight groove for making my wedding night so fun. I highly recommend spotlight groove!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Spotlight Groove Productions FAQ

• What is included in the starting price? Consultation, MC, Microphones, Projector, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Sound/PA System, Karaoke, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• 15269 Don Julian Rd Hacienda Heights, 91745 See on map