411 S Wabash Ave Unit B, Glendora, CA 91741 Map · Phone number

About Sound So Sweet DJ Service

Thank you for choosing SOUND SO SWEET DJ SERVICES. It is our utmost goal to make sure you and your guests have a wonderful time and that you have peace of mind knowing everything is taken care of.

It all started in 1994 where a co-worker of mine shared many DJ stories with me. I was intrigued as to see what he was talking about so I joined him on a few gigs. His name was DJ JOE Gonzalez. (Thanks Joe, I'll never forget you.) I thought this would be a fun hobby so I bought some of his old equipment and started DJing parties at friends' homes. Soon after, I started receiving requests for weddings. Little did I know that 16 years later, I would still be providing a great experience for everyone. Whether it be a Wedding, Bar/Bat Mizphah, Corporate Event, Birthday Party, or just a get together, Sound So Sweet DJ Services would be honored to serve you.

Here are some commonly asked questions:

ARE YOU ANY GOOD? Yes, I would like to think so. It is my goal to make sure everyone enjoys themselves even if they don't dance. Some people just want to enjoy the music and have pleasant conversation. I also make sure that I am involved with the other vendors as well. We all need to be on the same page for the event so there are times I take on the roll of coordinator.

WILL YOU SHOW UP ON TIME? I show up to an event two hours ahead of start time.

WILL YOU BE DRESSED APPROPRIATELY? For weddings and bar/bat mizphahs I dress in a tuxedo unless instructed to dress in different attire. You tell me how to dress (formal, cocktail attire, jacket and tie, hawaiian, etc.) and I will accomodate.

WILL YOU SMOKE OR DRINK AT OUR EVENT? No.

DO YOU HAVE A LARGE SELECTION OF MUSIC? Yes. My selection goes from the swinging 40s to today's music. I always ask for an idea of what type of music you want at your event. (ie. If requesting 70's, do you want Classic Rock or Disco or both?). I especially request a DO NOT PLAY list from all my clients.

WHAT'S YOUR SECRET TO GETTING PEOPLE ON THE DANCE FLOOR? I don't have any secret. I believe that if people want to dance, they will dance. If people don't want to dance, then they shouldn't be forced to. I don't make anyone feel uncomfortable. Think about the people you are inviting because you know them better than I.

WILL OUR GUESTS BE ABLE TO TALK OVER THE MUSIC? Of course. I make it a point to constantly observe the room to make sure no one is leaning to talk to someone across the table. If I see this at any point, then I know the music is too loud. If you are creating a seating chart, it is best recommended to seat older people away from the DJ and younger people closer to the DJ. Older people are more sensitive to sound.

WILL THE RECEPTION REALLY BE A PARTY MY FRIENDS WILL TALK ABOUT FOR YEARS? Yes. Going back to my goal, it is my desire to serve you and your guests and make sure everyone has a good time.

WHY SHOULDN'T I HIRE A BAND INSTEAD? Because a band may only play one or two genres. What if your guests don't like the music being played. You may lose some of the guests early on in the evening. Also, a band will need a break in between sets. You now have to figure out if you have to provide music or do you just have "dead air". You can always hire both and have the best of both worlds.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU GET SICK OR YOUR EQUIPMENT BREAKS DOWN? I always bring extra equipment just in case and I always arrive at the venue early enough to run to the store in case anything happens. In regards to my health, I take good care of myself. God forbid I get sick, then I have a network of other DJs to assist you.

WHY SHOULDN'T I JUST USE MY iPOD OR LAPTOP WITH MY iTUNES LIBRARY? Great question. If you use your iPod or iTunes library, there is 2 or 3 second gap in between songs. This definitely eliminates the flow if everyone is dancing on the dance floor. If you go to a club, the DJ makes sure that the music flows with no gaps and everyone continues to dance and not pause for a few seconds. This is the way I provide music.

The question is, who will MC your event? Not the iPod. Then you have to ask someone to do it that may never have MC'd before. This could create an awkward situation.

ARE YOUR PRICES COMPETITIVE? Yes. I firmly believe "Price is what you pay, Value is what you get." I am not the cheapest nor am I the most expensive. I am fair. You must never base your decision to hire a DJ solely on price. Sure you can get a very inexpensive DJ, but what is their music selection like or are they personable on the microphone or monotone and boring.

WILL I LIKE YOU? Yes. You should hire a DJ you like and trust and you will find that out in the first few minutes of meeting a DJ whether it be me or my competitors.

In conclusion, I just want to help provide a wonderful experience for you and your guests. I am not auditioning for anything nor trying to draw needless attention to myself. You are the boss. I am your employee. I want to serve you and your guests and make sure the music sounds so sweet.

Irvan Lynk DJ SWERVIN IRVAN

Other couples have also viewed

• Total Entertainment Experts
DSCN0307
388ca66473bc64fc 1285106983928 TomandRachel

5 Reviews for Sound So Sweet DJ Service

Ana · Married on 04/29/2017

Sound so sweet did an awesome job! All of the guests continue to rave about the great time that they had. Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much for the great wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Kristy · Married on 05/20/2011

Irvan with Sound So Sweet DJ Service made our special day unforgettable! Everything flowed so nicely. He arrived early (even earlier than me, the bride) to make sure he set up, met with other vendors, and had a full schedule of the day/night, this was very impressive. Another part I would like to share is that instead of doing a boquet toss, we decided on an anniversary dance because my grandparents recently celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary and they could not find "their song" anywhere to play at their party, we only found an instrumental version online as it was a hit in the 1940s...I had mentioned this to Irvan Lynk (DJ) and during the anniversary dance, he played the full version of my grandparent's "song" with lyrics. This was SO SPECIAL to everybody!!! I would highly recommend this company as he went above and beyond what was expected!!!

Sent on 05/26/2011
  • F

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2010

everything was wonderful he made our wedding day go very smoothly

Sent on 10/24/2010

Sound So Sweet DJ Service FAQ

• What music genres do you specialize in?
    Country
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock

• 411 S Wabash Ave, Unit B Glendora, 91741 See on map
    Location of (Sound So Sweet DJ Service)