Private Residence, Chesapeake, VA 23320 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 75
  • Deals 1

About Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara is a wedding and event planning company based in Chesapeake, Virginia. The company provides its services throughout the local areas of Hampton Roads and Virginia Beach, as well as North Carolina. Behind the success of the company is Tara Jones, who started in the wedding industry back in 2014. Her experience generates a unique organization and planning of wedding events.

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara offers a variety of packages for wedding events. She offers full wedding planning options for couples with busy lifestyles, or partial planning services for those who want guidance. Tara includes month-of coordination to ensure the flawless implementation of the event. Her packages also include the following:

• Budget analysis
  • To-do lists
Follow Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara on

djwed957
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark0302 51 964197
By the boats
21015936101592541468156037610504351490450733o
21015720101592541199706036607226397568967o
21054919101592541496156038281130136673993763o
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark0316 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark0829 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark1224 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark4136 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography norfolkyachtclubwedding norfolkvirginiaweddingphotographer0739 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography norfolkyachtclubwedding norfolkvirginiaweddingphotographer1694 51 964197
0155 51 964197
0156 51 964197
0158 51 964197
0161 51 964197
0163 51 964197
0171 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography norfolkyachtclubwedding norfolkvirginiaweddingphotographer1118 51 964197
1 51 964197

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 6
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 7
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 07/27/2019

One of a kind & an all inclusive wedding planner!

Tara has been exceptional to work with. Her services were everything I could’ve asked for to complete my wedding planning. Her and I met when I was 2 months out from my wedding, at a tailor shop where I was getting my last dress fitting done. We started discussing weddings and planning and she informed me that she provides a timeline/details assistant package and service to brides who have a wedding in a distant state, outside of her home state, Virginia. I quickly became interested and she met me for a free consultation the next day over lunch to discuss what all she would provide. I was again, quickly convinced to continue working with her. She was so sweet and everything I needed to help finalize what I thought I had a grip of. She provided me with an array of wedding planning resources and enlightened me on many of the details I had still not figured out.

Although I initially had a “do it all” mindset when planning my wedding, I quickly became over whelmed during the last few months as I was unsure how the timeline or flow would go. I wasn’t necessarily worried about whom I hired for my vendors, but rather, how the planning and day of would transpire given my limited understanding and expertise in this area of planning. Tara came in at the perfect time and helped me in many ways. For an affordable price and for the worthwhile communication we shared together and what she had shared with all wedding vendors and important wedding personnel, she truly made my wedding day transpire into something so special that wouldn’t have otherwise gone so smoothly.

In addition, she offered a unique and modern wedding website that allowed me to access all of my wedding details and vendor information, as well as a detailed timeline that had a variety of viewer settings (Bridal party, vendors, parents, etc.) all in one place. As someone who has OCD with planning, documents, etc. I can tell you first hand that this was a GAME CHANGER. All my details were finally put in a pretty, convenient, and user-friendly way that made my planning and sanity that much less stressful. Not to mention, she reached out to ALL of my vendors (over 15) many times to confirm schedules, and make sure everyone was on the same page and that everything would go smooth day of.

I highly recommend Tara and her services and look forward to staying in touch and following her future weddings!

Sent on 08/15/2019
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 8
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 9
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 10
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 11
  • Alexis

Alexis Sarver · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing planner

When I first moved to Virginia Beach I was engaged for 4 months. My fiance and I had already set a date for our wedding, but had no idea where to begin when it came to planning it. After sitting down and making a full wedding to-do list, we knew we couldn't do this alone. I didn't search long before a mutual friend recommended Tara to me. From the moment I met her, I knew she was the PERFECT planning companion. From her elegant style to her vibrant personality, I fully trusted that should would turn our dream into a reality. Soon after I hired Tara, I already knew it was one of the best decisions I had ever made. She made what used to be stressful and overwhelming, EASY and exciting. Did I mention my wedding was IN FLORIDA!? With Tara and I both living in Virginia, you would think this would be a difficult event to plan. Absolutely not!! Tara found the most amazing vendors Florida has to offer all from five states away! The day of the wedding took my breath away. I knew Tara saw the vision I had for this day, but her work surpassed all expectations. Between our dream and her professional experience, our day could not have been more of a fairytale. You can see the passion in her planning sprinkled through every wedding she creates. Being engaged to a man in the military means moving away from all friends and family is inevitable, but I can honestly say that Tara felt like family through this entire experience. Thank you for giving us a perfect day.
    -Mr & Mrs Sarver

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 12
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 13
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 14
  • Janelle

Janelle Primeau · Married on 03/08/2019

Made My Dreams Come True!

From the first meeting with Tara, she was such a gem to work with! She worked very hard to understand and grasp my vision. The moment I arrived at the venue on our wedding day, I was in awe! Tara had taken care of absolutely everything! She took my dreams and made it a seamless reality. She truly has a talent, not only for being a devoted wedding planner, but also for developing a relationship with each bride to make sure her day is as perfect as she imagined!

Sent on 04/08/2019
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 15
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 16
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 17

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 50.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Destination, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 1
    Awesome Discount
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events is proud to offer a $100.00 discount off our partial and full packages and $50.00 off our month of package to all Active Military, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. We thank you for your service!

• Cortese Photography & Film
    Cortese Photography & Film Wedding Photographers

Tara is one of the best coordinators that we have had the pleasure of working with! She goes above and beyond to ensure that the day goes seamlessly for her couples. Tara truly cares about making her couples' special day unforgettable and ensuring that all of the vendors' needs are met. We look forward to working with her again!

• Blush Wood Studios
    Blush Wood Studios Wedding Photographers

Tara is an Amazing Wedding planner! Every part of her work, from timelines, to emails and to all of the details on the day of were handled impeccably! She did an AWESOME job making our couple's Wedding the day of their dreams. Having a Wedding planner to ensure your day goes smoothly is so so Sooo Important and we couldn’t recommend Tara enough!! We Loved working with SSWE and you will too!!

• Ryann Winn Photography
    Ryann Winn Photography Wedding Photographers

Tara was such a joy to work with. She was so organized, and did an OUTSTANDING job for our bride. Tara was prompt in contacting us to go over all the details of the wedding day we were working on together. I highly recommend Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara to anyone who needs their services for their perfect day!

• Private Residence Chesapeake, VA, 23320 See on map