Private Residence, Chesapeake, VA 23320 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 76
  • Deals 1

About Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara is a wedding and event planning company based in Chesapeake, Virginia. The company provides its services throughout the local areas of Hampton Roads and Virginia Beach, as well as North Carolina. Behind the success of the company is Tara Jones, who started in the wedding industry back in 2014. Her experience generates a unique organization and planning of wedding events.

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara offers a variety of packages for wedding events. She offers full wedding planning options for couples with busy lifestyles, or partial planning services for those who want guidance. Tara includes month-of coordination to ensure the flawless implementation of the event. Her packages also include the following:

• Budget analysis
  • To-do lists
Follow Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara on
djwed957
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark0302 51 964197
By the boats
21015936101592541468156037610504351490450733o
21015720101592541199706036607226397568967o
21054919101592541496156038281130136673993763o
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark0316 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark0829 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark1224 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography firstlandingstateparkwedding virginiabeachwedding firstlandingstatepark4136 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography norfolkyachtclubwedding norfolkvirginiaweddingphotographer0739 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography norfolkyachtclubwedding norfolkvirginiaweddingphotographer1694 51 964197
0155 51 964197
0156 51 964197
0158 51 964197
0161 51 964197
0163 51 964197
0171 51 964197
Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara
sharonelizabethphotography norfolkyachtclubwedding norfolkvirginiaweddingphotographer1118 51 964197
1 51 964197

Videos 1 Video

26 Reviews for Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara

Paula Jones · Married on 12/14/2019

Surpassed Of Expectations

My Husband and I started out on the journey of putting together our 30th Anniversary Reception ourselves before long we realized that we needed help so I started my search on the internet and came across Simply Southern Weddings and Events By Tara Jones.

Our initial meeting with Tara Jones set the tone for what would turn out to be the greatest event of our lives. We Knew we wanted someone that was organized and had the vision to help us create the Winter Wonderland reception we didn’t have 30 years ago. After signing the contract with Tara we had 6 months to get this reception together Tara put our minds at ease as she displayed her skills.

Tara demonstrated a unique ability to execute our vision. We had so many wants and needs to make our Winter Wonderland Reception come to life. Tara helped located all of our venders and Tara proofread all of our contract before we sign, she also kept a copy of the contract. If Tara saw something that she didn’t think was in our best interest she brought it to our attention immediately. Tara smiled as each decision or challenge was overcome. We meet with Tara weekly and we spoke with her least two or three times a week.

Tara proved her unique ability to gain a leadership role over the vendors. She proved this throughout the event and gave us the relief we needed to handle all the issues and over come any challenges If something went wrong the night of our event My husband and I didn’t know anything about it. Tara and her staff was there from the early morning set-up to the late night break-down.

We are forever grateful to Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara Jones and her staff for providing us with our dream 30th Anniversary Reception it surpassed our expectations we had an AMAZING night.

Sent on 04/28/2020

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara's reply:

Paula and Mark,

Thank you for your glowing review! I sincerely loved working with you both and sure did enjoy our planning journey! Y'all were such a jewel to work with! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your 30-year vow celebration!

Miss you! ❤️
    Tara - xo
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 07/27/2019

One of a kind & an all inclusive wedding planner!

Tara has been exceptional to work with. Her services were everything I could’ve asked for to complete my wedding planning. Her and I met when I was 2 months out from my wedding, at a tailor shop where I was getting my last dress fitting done. We started discussing weddings and planning and she informed me that she provides a timeline/details assistant package and service to brides who have a wedding in a distant state, outside of her home state, Virginia. I quickly became interested and she met me for a free consultation the next day over lunch to discuss what all she would provide. I was again, quickly convinced to continue working with her. She was so sweet and everything I needed to help finalize what I thought I had a grip of. She provided me with an array of wedding planning resources and enlightened me on many of the details I had still not figured out.

Although I initially had a “do it all” mindset when planning my wedding, I quickly became over whelmed during the last few months as I was unsure how the timeline or flow would go. I wasn’t necessarily worried about whom I hired for my vendors, but rather, how the planning and day of would transpire given my limited understanding and expertise in this area of planning. Tara came in at the perfect time and helped me in many ways. For an affordable price and for the worthwhile communication we shared together and what she had shared with all wedding vendors and important wedding personnel, she truly made my wedding day transpire into something so special that wouldn’t have otherwise gone so smoothly.

In addition, she offered a unique and modern wedding website that allowed me to access all of my wedding details and vendor information, as well as a detailed timeline that had a variety of viewer settings (Bridal party, vendors, parents, etc.) all in one place. As someone who has OCD with planning, documents, etc. I can tell you first hand that this was a GAME CHANGER. All my details were finally put in a pretty, convenient, and user-friendly way that made my planning and sanity that much less stressful. Not to mention, she reached out to ALL of my vendors (over 15) many times to confirm schedules, and make sure everyone was on the same page and that everything would go smooth day of.

I highly recommend Tara and her services and look forward to staying in touch and following her future weddings!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara's reply:

Kari,

It's hard to believe it has already been over a year since your I Do's! It was such an absolute pleasure helping you bring all of your hard work together for your out of state wedding! The only thing I missed out on was being there to see your vision come to life! Thank you for allowing us in helping you with your 'virtual' wedding!

I'm enjoying watching you guys travel through this thing called married life!!

All my best,

Tara - xo ❤️

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 50.00
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Destination
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara 1
    Awesome Discount
    Simply Southern Weddings and Events is proud to offer a $100.00 discount off our partial and full packages and $50.00 off our month of package to all Active Military, Law Enforcement, and First Responders. We thank you for your service!

• Cortese Photography & Film Wedding Photographers

Tara is one of the best coordinators that we have had the pleasure of working with! She goes above and beyond to ensure that the day goes seamlessly for her couples. Tara truly cares about making her couples' special day unforgettable and ensuring that all of the vendors' needs are met. We look forward to working with her again!

• Blush Wood Studios Wedding Photographers

Tara is an Amazing Wedding planner! Every part of her work, from timelines, to emails and to all of the details on the day of were handled impeccably! She did an AWESOME job making our couple's Wedding the day of their dreams. Having a Wedding planner to ensure your day goes smoothly is so so Sooo Important and we couldn’t recommend Tara enough!! We Loved working with SSWE and you will too!!

• Ryann Winn Photography Wedding Photographers

Tara was such a joy to work with. She was so organized, and did an OUTSTANDING job for our bride. Tara was prompt in contacting us to go over all the details of the wedding day we were working on together. I highly recommend Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara to anyone who needs their services for their perfect day!

• Private Residence Chesapeake, VA, 23320 See on map
    757-544-9617 (Phone number)
    Location of (Simply Southern Weddings and Events by Tara)