Sam Hugh Photography

• Twinty Photography

21 Reviews for Sam Hugh Photography

Kim Crawford · Getting married on 03/02/2021

Friendly Neighborhood Wedding Photographer

My husband and I work in the wedding industry and we were extremely picky on who to hire for our wedding day. We spent 2 years looking for a photographer until my planner suggested Sam. The moment we saw Sam's portfolio, we knew we were going to hire him regardless of his personality.

I met Sam with my mom 2 1/2 months before our wedding and we felt like he was a part of our family. By the end of our first meeting, we had the chance to meet his wife Brittany. They were both easy to talk to which comforted me about being in front of the camera.

Sam was quick to respond to all my emails. His contract, billing and questionnaire is organized. We had a last minute video call with my husband to make sure he's comfortable with him prior to our wedding day.

We are extremely grateful to have a wonderful photographer make our vision come to life. He even accommodated our ridiculous shot list and delivered our previews tenfold. I would definitely hire him again.

Sent on 03/13/2020

Anjli Mehta · Getting married on 07/04/2020

Best experience ever

Sam took the time to get to know me and my fiancé and totally got our vibe. It was clear that he had studied my wedding photography Pinterest board, had seen and understood my vision for wedding photos that were more elevated and editorial than typical wedding photographs. We have gotten non-stop compliments on our wedding photos but more importantly, my fiancé and I LOVE them. They are the perfect representation of us. And now for businessy things: Sam was punctual, always on time (usually early!) for everything from initial calls to the actual day of. He was SO polite and patient when our relatives were being annoying and asking him to take a photo on their iPhones. (eye roll, sorry Sam!!!) He was great a corralling the crowd for group portraits and he was not intrusive at all during the ceremony. Honestly, I kind of forget he was even there. It's clear that he takes pride in his work and we felt really lucky to get to have him on our wedding. TLDR: Sam slayed this and I would recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 01/19/2019

Amazingly Beautiful Photos :)

Sam is an absolute genius. Seriously. My husband & I worked with Sam for our engagement photos at Pedernales State Park and then our wedding at The Creek House in Dripping Springs. He caught so many small but meaningful moments, A LOT of laughter and the full range of beautiful wedding day emotions. When we were researching photographers in Austin, we only had a couple major criteria: they need to be chill to work with & they need to take photos of real moments, not stiff or too posed. Sam more than fit the bill for us. He was a pleasure to work with through the whole process (even as he climbed all over Pedernales to snag some really cool shots lol) You can tell he truly loves what he does which made my husband & I, who are super awkward engineers that don’t normally have any photos taken of them, feel extremely at ease and cozy during the engagement session and throughout our wedding day. Can’t say enough about his work, it really speaks for itself when you go through his portfolio. Simply beautiful... :)

Sent on 06/18/2019

Award

• Austin, 78724 See on map
    Location of (Sam Hugh Photography)