16 Prospect Avenue, Bar Harbor, ME 04609 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About R.L. Sisson Events

R.L. Sisson Events is a wedding planning business based in Bar Harbor, Maine, that also serves the Portland, Bangor, and Presque Isle areas. Rachel, owner and planner, grew up surrounded by planning and entertaining. This naturally led her to a hospitality career, where she first started gaining her experience. Her experience drove her into launching her very own wedding planning business, which has been Rachel's passion ever since. Now, she works closely with each couple to help them plan and carry out the wedding of their dreams.

R.L. Sisson Events works with couples planning both small and large weddings. Rachel has put together three main package options to help couple’s with different needs. Her first option is her Wedding Consultant and Coordinator package. With this option, Rachel will come in and handle all of your wedding needs on your big day. This includes overseeing the set up, issuing vendor payments, coordinating, and more. The Partial Planning package gives you a bit more assistance with details and design. This option covers everything in the consultant and coordinator package but also includes extras such as additional communication, budget management assistance, and any remaining vendor selections. If you are looking for the most comprehensive assistance when planning your big day, the Full Service package will handle all your planning aspects.

Follow R.L. Sisson Events on

R.L. Sisson Events 5
R.L. Sisson Events 6
R.L. Sisson Events 7

Carissa · Married on 08/18/2018

We met Rachel when we first looked at College of the Atlantic as our wedding venue. I volunteer at the school, so the idea of getting married there already held appeal. When we realized that we would also be working with Rachel, we immediately stopped looking at venues. We were fortunate enough to have Rachel's assistance as coordinator, and not just a "day-of" organizer. She was an essential part of the planning of our wedding and her attention to detail ensured that all of the timing, vendor contacts, and orders were trouble free. She thought of all the details, large and small, that made the difference. I had *a lot* of DIY projects and quirky ideas that I wanted to incorporate into the reception, and had the added issue of distance (we live 2 hrs away, and our florist was coming from NJ). Rachel handled all of this with grace and the highest degree of professionalism. She fully embraced my "vision" of the day and brought it to life. I can't thank her, and her assistant, Nina, enough for their tireless efforts in those last 48 hrs. They not only got everything done, but it was done beautifully, and perfectly in keeping with what I had pictured in my mind. We also had minor weather issues, but with back up plans in place, the passing rain was a minor distraction. In the end, it only enhanced the ceremony.
    It is the mark of a true professional for the client to not even realize the full extent of the "job" until after it is completed. As the guests left, and only Rachel remained, blowing out candles and turning off the lights, I realized just how much she had done to make our day perfect. By the end of the planning process, I felt like I was working with a friend who was just as invested as I was in making the day special. Rachel helped us accomplish this, and more. We will be forever in her debt.

Sent on 09/17/2018
    R.L. Sisson Events 20
    R.L. Sisson Events 21
    R.L. Sisson Events 22

R.L. Sisson Events's reply:

Thank you, Carissa and Kevin! It was an honor to implement your beautiful vision! You truly have a knack for this, Carissa, I should hire you! It was a pleasure to get to work with and get to know you. Wishing you all the love and happiness!!
    With love,
    Rachel

Ali · Married on 08/04/2018

Rachel is INCREDIBLE. Seriously. My husband, parents, and I went into the wedding planning process with ideas, but without experience planning weddings or big events. We live in California, and were planning our wedding in Maine, and Rachel helped us make all the pieces come together from 3,000 miles away. She is so smart, really takes the time to listen to your ideas, and comes up with fantastic, thoughtful suggestions. For example, we were really hoping that the wedding could be at our family cabin, but it turned out the space was too small to be tented for the reception, so Rachel helped us have the ceremony at the cabin, and found another fantastic nearby venue for the reception. Every single one of her vendor suggestions was spot-on. Over the course of the year that we were planning, she made us feel reassured and excited every step of the way. And then, on wedding day, she was totally extraordinary. From making sure everything was in position for the ceremony, to bringing my husband and I appetizers and cocktails as we were buzzing around saying hi to loved ones, to coordinating between vendors, she was there. At one point during the toasts, it started raining, and my husband realized that his dad had left the top to his convertible VW bug down — Rachel stealthily grabbed the keys from the best man and went to go put the top back up! She was ON it. So impressive. We loved working with her and HIGHLY recommend her. Don’t hesitate to work with her!! Thank you, Rachel!

Sent on 08/23/2018

R.L. Sisson Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Ali! it was my absolute pleasure to work with you and your family, in fact by the end, I felt a part of the team! I will never forget your beautiful wedding ceremony on your gorgeous family property and the infamous Flower Man. You are all wonderful people and it was an honor to be a part of your special day. I hope to see you again!
    Much love,