Periwinkles Restaurant of Essex

Ceremony setting
Ceremony setting

3 Reviews for Periwinkles Restaurant of Essex

Mary · Married on 04/17/2010

Periwinkles was great to work with. They were professional and always available when I had a question. I got many compliments about the quality of the food as well.

Sent on 06/18/2010
  • kati may

Kati · Married on 09/25/2009

Tom and Marissa are a terrific team.

Tom blew us off our feet with the tasting he provided us. He also assured us that he would be the chef on our Big Day. If you look around, you may see just as I did, that most caterers can offer neither of these options.

Marissa ran the front-of-the-house on our Big Day, and organized everything leading up to it. She kept me at ease with all of the details during the weeks before the wedding.

They were both terrific in dealing with vegetarians, pescatarians, and allergies.

On our wedding day, the food somehow surpassed our expectations. From the coconut (jumbo) shrimp passed-hors d'eouvres...to the Petite Filet/Baked Haddock surf n' turf...We couldn't have been happier. Everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 10/25/2009

Jill · Married on 08/07/2009

We had our wedding on August 7th catered by Periwinkles Catering. We got engaged approximately a year and a half before the wedding, so when I started to look for a caterer immediately with my excitement, many were not ready to book the 2009 wedding season, until I met Tom Rafferty. Tom is the head chef at Periwinkles in Essex during the winter, then in wedding season he travels around the North Shore catering weddings. The food tasting was absolutely amazing. He basically was able to make anything we requested. Our final menu ended up with Chicken Piccata, Fettuccine Alfredo and Haddock wrapped around crab meant stuff. It was absolutely amazing and not you average, boring wedding food. I would recommend Periwinkles to anyone. And did I mention, it was the most affordable at $40/head.

Sent on 09/18/2009