3 North Square, Boston, MA 02113 Map · Phone number

About Mamma Maria

Let Mamma Maria host your bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner, or small wedding. Overlooking a picturesque cobblestone square in the quaint urban village of Boston's North End, the many charming reception rooms in our three-story brownstone offer unique skyline views and nationally acclaimed regional

069562fd15aa4d30 1526040437 8e318cddd7326399 1526040434761 3 5454654
069562fd15aa4d30 1526040437 8e318cddd7326399 1526040434761 3 5454654
homephoto1

2 Reviews for Mamma Maria

Juliane · Married on 04/06/2013

We had a wedding reception here with about 60 people and it was the perfect choice for this number of people. If you're looking for an intimate reception with great food and at a reasonable price (for a wedding!!), I would highly suggest you consider this restaurant. Jennifer was great to work with and had a ton of ideas of how to customize the space. She was so attentive to detail, as if it was her own wedding. She was extremely responsive over email as well, a huge plus as we were planning from long distance. We bought the restaurant out for a reception starting at 12, with a cocktail hour downstairs and meal upstairs. Having the entire restaurant to ourselves really made it feel like a family gathering rather than just a restaurant meal. It was defintely worth having a morning wedding to accomplish this within our budget. Not to mention the North square atmosphere and lighting in the afternoon is amazing! We brought in our own table decorations, which the staff graciously put out for us, but even without our decorations the restaurant looked stunning. They brought in a ton of candles and other decor which really lit the place up. The maitre d' was extremely warm and welcoming and all the waitstaff were exceptionally kind. And the food! I can't say enough good things about the food. You can be sure your wedding will stand out to your guests as probably THE best wedding meal they have ever eaten. Mamma Maria's really went above and beyond the minimum, and did way more than their contract obligated them to. It was a perfect event, nothing but good vibes about the venue. I am already looking forward to an anniversary dinner here :)

Sent on 04/24/2013

pa · Married on 11/05/2011

We decided to have our wedding dinner at Mamma Maria. We are the kind of folks who appreciate a great meal. So giving my money to a hotel to have hospital food... was NOT happening. I worked with Jennifer who was awesome. I was given multiple payment options, any menu I wanted, a flexible plan for the room. They also decorated for me (not such a flower type girl). The arrangements were fall-like and beautiful. They dealt with my family's personalities. The location, in North Square was incredibly romantic. They opened early for my cocktail hour. They accommodated when I stayed a little late. Oh yeah, and the food? I have never had such an amazing meal. All of my guests felt the same way. I got married 11/5 and people were talking about the food at thanksgiving dinner (poor Grandma). Needless to say, it inspired me to write a review.

Sent on 01/16/2012