10-300
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About Old Metropolitan Hall

Rehearsal Dinners for 80, Receptions for 175 - In The Heart of Downtown

A vintage wedding venue in Charlottesville, Virginia, Old Metropolitan Hall specializes in elegant wedding ceremonies and receptions. A newcomer to the wedding industry, the venue has been servicing couples throughout Charlottesville, Richmond and Washington, D.C. since 2016. Old Metropolitan Hall is located less than 10 minutes from the University of Virginia. Couples looking to treat guests to a classic experience should look no further than Old Metropolitan Hall!

Facilities and Capacity
Old Metropolitan Hall can accommodate up to 300 guests. They offer two event spaces in which couples may host their ceremony and/or reception.

Those who enlist the help of Old Metropolitan Hall benefit from the following services and amenities:

• Indoor and outdoor settings
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound
  • Setup
  • Cleanup

Cuisine
Old Metropolitan Hall offers in-house catering by way of their next door neighbors, Brasserie Saison.

Accommodation
Lodging is provided by Old Metropolitan Hall’s sister company, Stay Charlottesville.

History
Once home to the Metropolitan Cafe, a popular watering hole during the 1940s and 50s, Old Metropolitan Hall was artfully restored with 14-foot ceilings and era-inspired glass chandeliers.

Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

Event Rentals (3)
Chairs (3)
Lighting/Sound (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)

My husband, Kurtis, and I got married at Old Met last weekend on Nov. 4, 2017. It was the MOST beautiful event we could have expected, and the venue is so convenient. I grew up in Charlottesville, but we live in Los Angeles now, so we wanted a place that would be great for out of town guests to get the whole Cville experience. We got so many compliments on the location -- everyone loved the downtown mall.

Now, let me start on the staff! Sarah is one of the most amazing people to work with. She truly made us feel at ease, and we feel like we have a new friend in her. Her southern charm and patience is unmatched. We ended up hiring Steph to be our day-of coordinator. Our wedding day wouldn't have been the same without her. She's creative, organized, and calming. My mom couldn't stop talking about how wonderful she is.

Kurtis and I are thrilled about how everything turned out, and as cliche as it sounds, I wouldn't change anything about the day. It was literally a perfect depiction of the two of us as a couple.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kelly, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Old Met Hall was the perfect space for our Rehesrsal Dinner and Welcome Party. It is an enchanting space on the Downtown Mall with so many possibilities for decorating. Everyone who entered the doors was blown away with the venue!

View Vendor Response

Tent Accessories
Tents
3 AWARDS

1 ENDORSEMENT
I can't say enough about the Old Metropolitan because I have loved visiting this area and have enjoyed the architecture for many years! It is a joy to see what they have done to this incredible, iconic part of the city and I look forward to classic weddings here in the future!

Events

101 E Main Street, Charlottesville, VA 22902   See On Map
434-260-7144 (phone)
Old Metropolitan Hall is a wedding venue from Charlottesville, VA. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Charlottesville, Richmond, and DC. Old Metropolitan Hall is a professional wedding venue that has been part of the Charlottesville wedding industry for 2 years. We specialize in wedding receptions and rehearsal dinners.