Metropolitan Players

56 Fort Washington Avenue, #35, New York, NY 10032 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 35

About Metropolitan Players

We are a youthful, energetic wedding band based in NYC that provides the sound and song selection of a DJ, with the electric energy of a live band!

Our mission is to revolutionize the wedding entertainment industry by standardizing love as an expectation for booking and working with a band in the Tri-State area. Our founders, Drew and Erin Coles, formed the band for their own wedding (in the midst of hustling their butts off getting degrees in music and business respectively), and care deeply about creating a beautiful event for each and every couple.

We only do weddings because this band was built on and for love.
We've perfected doing weddings because we seriously enjoy doing it.
We'll treat you like family because that's what you deserve.
Simple.

Metropolitan Players 6
Metropolitan Players 7
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2018

Metropolitan Players was the best part of our wedding!

When I think back to our wedding day, I always go straight to the music. I'll cut to the chase, Metropolitan Players is an incredible band and everyone should hire them. They made our reception what it was, and everyone could not stop raving about the music (including all of our snobby hipster music afficianado friends).

Let's start from the beginning -- after doing a ton of research, we found Metropolitan Players, and watched their videos. We thought, ok these guys are awesome but they probably won't sound as good in person, right? We then went to their showcase and had a blast -- my husband and I looked at each other and basically said we have to hire them, they were so good! We were already crossing our fingers that we would get specific members of the band that we saw live.

Next, we had the pleasure of working with Erin. Erin is professional, responsive, trustworthy, and just so nice. She always thought ahead for us when we were stressed out wedding planning, and had recommendations for everything. She just got our vibe, and promised us classic rock, soulful R&B, 90s pop medleys, and a killer horah. She helped us pick out parent-dance songs and ceremony songs when we were getting stuck.

On the big day, we could not have asked for a better wedding band. We had Yaevin, Dani, Jeff, and Bryan as our four vocalists, and they were each incredible. I will never forget how I felt when the guitar player started playing a beautiful acoustic version of La Vie en Rose when I walked down the aisle. I'll also never forget seeing all 170 people on the dance floor dancing to Brown Eyed Girl, or when Yaevin (omg, she is to die for) killed Aretha Franklin's Respect, or the insane horah Met Players did for our giant Jewish family. I'll similarly never forget the truly awesome cover of Despacito that had my teenage cousins AND my grandpa boogie-ing on the dance floor. Finally, I'll never forget the amazing rendition of Billy Joel's New York State of Mind that they played for our last song (cue huge circle of best friends drunkenly singing Billy Joel). I really wish I could replay our wedding day, and Metropolitan Players is a huge part of that. (I'd gladly take going to another wedding that they're playing at!!) Seriously, you will not find a more fun, professional, talented, and sweet band for your wedding.

Kate D'agostino · Married on 10/13/2018

if you want to dance all night, BOOK THIS BAND NOW!

We had seen the Metropolitan Players play at a close friend's wedding, and when we got engaged, there was no question that we wanted them to play at our wedding! Having a great band was a major priority for us - we love to dance and wanted to be on the dance floor the entire night. And that's exactly what happened! From cocktail hour to the first song of the night to the last song of the night, the Metropolitan Players sounded great and got everyone ready to party. Our friends and family could not stop dancing and telling us how great the band was. They had a great variety of songs, and were able to make the necessary tweaks to make our first dance exactly perfect. Planning with Erin was so easy, and it was clear how much she cared about making us happy. The vocalists, Bryan, Chris H and Hannah S were AMAZING and Kelsey is a SHOWSTOPPER. Chelsea was so wonderful at keeping everything running smoothly throughout the night, and even managing a few curve balls for us. We could not recommend the Metropolitan Players more, and we're going to have to start crashing weddings they are playing at so we can dance more! Thanks for making our night perfect!

Metropolitan Players FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season? $ 8,000 - $ 11,000
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season? $ 8,000 - $ 11,000
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 9,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Rock, Strings, Swing, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Ariana Strings
    Ariana Strings Wedding Musicians

I've performed with Metropolitan Players a few times and I really enjoyed working with them. They're organized, on top of their game, and talented. What more can you ask for?

• Outline Studios
    Outline Studios Wedding Planners

Outstanding!!! Having worked with countless bands as an event planner, Metropolitan Players stands far above the rest. Erin was beyond helpful in every step of the way. She was responsive to every question and odd request my clients asked. She was creative in helping my clients chose off the beaten path selections and the band went above and beyond to learn very specific songs. Erin detailed the whole night with a timeline and were flexible when changes were even made during the night. The band arrived on time, set up and were ready ahead of schedule. The whole band was the definition of professionalism and you can tell how much everyone loves what they do. Numerous wedding guests specifically hunted me down to tell me how amazing the band was! Their ability to read the crowd and get everyone out of there seats is unmatched. Definitely my go to band from now on!

• 56 Fort Washington Avenue, #35 New York, New York, 10032 See on map