New York, New York, NY 10004 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 6

About Downbeat

Downbeat is a nationally renowned entertainment agency with offices in Los Angeles, New York City and Hawaii. Downbeat specializes in producing luxury weddings and special events featuring world-class musicians, high energy dance bands and professional DJ services, and operates under a company-wide mission to share their passion for music to bring people together and create premium experiences.

Downbeat provides live music, DJ and lighting services for weddings and private events. Their featured dance bands – AMFM, Collective LA, DJ Live, Gold Standard, Soultones, and The A-List – all perform the hottest Top 40 hits from yesterday and today in a variety of genres, which includes Motown, classic rock, country, jazz, R&B/soul, pop and much more. Downbeat also provides MC, planning and coordination services.

• Videos 6

Downbeat 4
Downbeat 5
  • Megan

Megan Bernstein · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Our guests are still raving about SoulTones!

We had the most amazing time at our wedding thanks to SoulTones and Downbeat LA! Diego and Joel were incredibly helpful throughout the planning process and patient with us as we tried to figure out how to make sure we could have the band set-up work with our wedding at The Ranch. We had SUCH A BLAST and all our guests were dancing their faces off the entire night! We have had people raving about them everytime we talk about the wedding, and we could not recommend them more. They were a hit and truly the highlight of the night! They are wonderful performers and had so many options that everyone from my grandparents to bridal party loved the songlist. Thanks so much Downbeat and SoulTones!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/29/2019

The best band!

Downbeat LA/AMFM made our wedding absolutely incredible!!!!
    We truly cannot say enough good things about them-- Diego and Andrew worked with us for almost a year planning the details of the music and were incredibly flexible and responsive throughout the whole time. One month before the wedding, another vendor (who was supposed to play music while I walked down the aisle) cancelled suddenly, and Andrew and Diego were right there to step in and reassure us that it was no problem and they could extend their time to play during that time! I cannot express how much of a relief that was at that time to know how flexible, supportive, engaged and professional they were. They learned new songs we wanted played, added a DJ we asked for at the end of the ceremony, and provided recommendations that ended up being absolutely perfect and really made our vision come true!

At the wedding, AMFM was hands down THE STAR-- they interacted with our guests, coming into the crowd and even had an air guitar battle with my uncle! I could not have dreamed of a more fun band. Months later, I am still getting (unsolicited) comments about how incredible AMFM was at our wedding.

I would 10/10 recommend them to EVERYONE who wants a fun party with tons of energy and awesome music!!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Downbeat 6

Downbeat FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 8,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Agency
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Blues, Classic Rock, Classical, Country, Dance, Funk, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, Orchestra, Pop, R&B / Soul, Reggae, Rock, Strings, Swing, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Bilingual MC, Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Rila Stone
    Rila Stone Wedding Photographers

What a great company to work with. We highly recommend them for your wedding!

• The Events Boutique
    The Events Boutique Wedding Planners

Downtown Beat LA is the first group we recommend for our clients who are interested in a live band for their wedding or event. Their onstage presence, sound, vocals, and energy gets everyone on the dance floor moving and singing along! They also understand the logistics and dynamics of events and are not just there to perform but to create entire experience. They were a pleasure to work with and hands down our favorite band in the industry!

• Confetti Skies
    Confetti Skies Wedding Planners

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Downbeat LA. Our client hired their band, The SoulTones, and I couldn't have been happier with their professionalism as well as their ability to get EVERYONE on the dance floor. All of the band members and sound crew were so great to work with and very respectful. The band was amazing and I loved their energy. I also really liked how the sound engineer was constantly checking to ensure the sound was perfect. Overall, I really enjoyed working with such a talented bunch of people and I enjoyed working with Diego on the planning side. If anyone is looking for a live band, I definitely recommend them! The quality of their services is outstanding.

• New York New York, NY, 10004 See on map