Metropolitan Filmworks

• Borrowed & Blue Productions
  • Imagination Designers

2 Reviews for Metropolitan Filmworks

Jane · Married on 06/17/2006

I am a mother of the bride who was THRILLED with the work done by this company. We hired them from out-of-state purely on the quality of the video footage we saw online and know it was the best decision of our wedding. We asked for more candid pictures than posed but were asked well in advance to provide a list of those posed pictures we did want. Every request was met and almost every bridesmaid commented on how comfortable they felt with the photographer and wished they had known about her and could have had her for their wedding. In fact, one of the bridesmaids who lived in the Chicago area ended up with a second marriage a few years after our wedding took place and she selected this company and was absolutely thrilled with the product.
    I can't say enough about how great they are! I felt the pricing was also very reasonable.

Sent on 12/22/2010

Courtney · Married on 11/05/1979

3.4
      2.0
      1.0

I was dissapointed in my pictures for a few key reasons:

The photographer did not take some important pictures we discussed. One was the outside of the church which is breathtaking and an attraction of the chruch. We discussed taking pitures there and there were none - not even of the church itself.

We discussed having a picture of me and the groom walking down the street in front of the recpeiton facility waiving goodbye - this was not taken. Of course, I could have reminded her - but your head is in a million places and that's why you hire professionals.

There are only 2 pictures of me and my bridesmaids. One is at the alter and the other one of the girls eyes are closed. The photographers assistant was in charge of photographing the guys and did a wonderful job - there are proabbly 15 photos of them.

There is not a picture of me with my flower girls or even of them alone. The content of the pictures was very not encompassing in general and dissapointing.

The coloring of the color photographs is very off although as a disclaimer the photographer disagrees. All of the pictures in which she used flash, to her acknowldgement, have a very goldish-orangeish hue. Almost everyone who looked at my pictures commented in some way and asked if she had a color film on the lense. In the majority of the portraits of my and my husband, my dress looks orangeish and this is very unacceptable. She said she likes to be true to how things looked (photojournalistic) and capture the whiteist whites and balist blacks - however my dress looks like the color a a creamsicle.

This photographer was exensive and right up there with the most expensive in the city. Her style is photojournalistic which tends to be pricer. In my opinion, my pictures were not worth the money. I do not think she is as experienced as other high priced photographers and it shows. My favorite pictures are the ones I asked her to take at the moment and pictures that others at the wedding gave to me.

I would not reccommend her to anyone, esecially after she confirmed that she thinks the orange-gold hue is okay and it was because of the expanded area of light her flash absorbed. There are other pictures in the same spots without that problem and I suspect they are the ones her assistamt took - without such a broad flash.

Sent on 06/04/2008

• 2442 Waupaca Court Naperville, 60564 See on map
    Location of (Metropolitan Filmworks)