Santa Barbara, CA 93101 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 53

About Magnolia Event Design

I absolutely love what I do. I can't imagine doing anything else, ever! While most little girls dream about their wedding and the man they will someday marry, I dreamed about the DETAILS- the way the flowers would look, the feeling that would come over me when I entered the wedding space for the first time, the way it would smell, the way the candles would flicker in perfect unison as the band begun to play a 40's tune... I am doing for a living what I have dreamed about for a lifetime. I am honored to be a part of my clients special celebrations and I feel one hundred percent blessed.

Follow Magnolia Event Design on

Magnolia Event Design 4
Magnolia Event Design 5
  • Ali

Ali Kaufman · Married on 10/13/2019

Exceptional, Inspiring, Talented, Perfection!

My wife and I hired Lindsey and her team to provide full-service event design and planning for our Long Island, New York wedding. From our initial phone consultation a year and a half prior to our wedding, Lindsey put us at complete ease with her professionalism, attention to detail, motivation, excitement and genuine desire to truly understand our wedding vision and bring it to life.

Lindsey and her team were everything we could have asked for and everything we didn’t know we would need. To say Lindsey was “on top of things” is a gross understatement. Lindsey is a visionary, a designer, an organizer, a planner, an advocate, a friend. She is beyond talented, skilled, professional, direct, responsive, creative, tolerant, and extremely patient. She is the person you want and need to have in your corner. She is the person who will transform your vision into a reality beyond what you could ever imagine. She is the person who WILL find a way to execute every detail perfectly despite any obstacles that arise. Lindsey has a perfect balance of professionalism and a down to earth supportive nature that makes you feel like your best friend is by your side the entire way through but is also willing to pounce the second something needs to be addressed or confronted.

We were NOT always the easiest brides to work with, as we had a difficult time articulating our vision and went back and forth often with our concept ideas. But despite our indecisiveness, Lindsey was able to reign us in and really found a way to help us identify exactly what we wanted. As someone who always needs to be in control and micromanage every detail, it was challenging for me to accept the idea of handing over the reigns and trusting that someone else could execute accordingly .... but I could not be happier that I trusted Lindsey and handed those reins over. It not only made my life SO much easier, but also resulted in an absolute PERFECT event that I would have NEVER been able to pull off half as well on my own!

The planning, coordination and design aspects of the process were absolutely effortless on our end. Once our vision was cemented, Lindsey and her team were able to magically bring everything to life beyond our expectations by handling all the tedious backend details that we honestly had no time or patience for! In the very beginning of the planning phase I found myself “checking in” frequently to ensure certain things were going to be handled; however, I quickly realized that my need to “check in” was completely unnecessary as Lindsey was always 10 steps ahead.

People warned us about how stressful the actual wedding day can be, so we had mentally prepared ourselves to feel emotionally drained, anxious, overwhelmed, etc. Let me tell you, this could not be farther from the reality of our experience on our day; it could NOT have gone any smoother. The entire day was effortless on our ends, our only responsibility was to show up. My wife and I felt completely and utterly at ease and relaxed. As a direct result of Lindsey and her team’s attentiveness, we never had to ask for a thing; they knew exactly what we needed before we even realized we needed it!

We also entrusted Lindsey with the responsibility of selecting our photography and videography teams, which both ended up being INCREDIBLE and huge contributors to the success of our event! Having these teams collaborate on our event together felt more like having life-long friends surrounding us as opposed to having a group of strangers in our space who were being compensated to get a job done.

In the days following, many people reached out to enthusiastically tell us how “perfect” the event was; many insisted this was the best wedding they had ever attended; many commented on the impeccable timing and spacing from one activity to the next. We even had more than one of our friend’s husbands say, “this is how a wedding should be done”.

My wife and I made an additional vow on our wedding night to NEVER again hold an event WITHOUT the involvement of Lindsey and her team!

Magnolia Event Design 6
    Magnolia Event Design 7
    Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful!

Lindsey is an incredible wedding planner! From start to finish, she made the wedding process seamless and positive. We appreciated her coordination, professional recommendations, communication and organization. She really took the time to get to know us as a couple and helped bring our wedding vision to life! We feel so fortunate to have been able to work with Lindsey and the Magnolia Event Design Team. Love, Rachel and Marc

Sent on 11/11/2019

Ashleigh · Married on 09/29/2018

Thank you!!!

I hired Lindsey & the MED team for full service event design & planning for my wedding in Santa Barbara. I live on the East Coast and have a busy work schedule so I needed someone that I could rely on to handle everything wedding related. I knew that I could rely on Lindsey from the moment that I spoke with her. She and her team are unbelievably responsive and were there every step of the way suggesting vendors and handling all the details. I never needed to prompt her or follow up about anything. Every vendor was not only professional but we received continuous compliments on how “perfect” everything had turned out. I was in awe at the beautiful details from the layout to the color scheme, which I credit to Lindsey’s great taste.

Lindsey went above and beyond to take care of everything, including sewing my mom’s dress and cleaning lipstick off my dress at the last minute. I was told multiple times that I was the most calm bride that people had seen and it was thanks to Lindsey! I knew that everything was handled and that I could show up in Santa Barbara and just enjoy the day. She is truly someone that you can trust to get it taken care of in a professional and efficient manner.

We also had a large and somewhat rowdy bridal party and Lindsey reined them in and made sure that we were on time all the while having fun with our family and friends. Apparently, she also gave some of them nachos! She checked in on me all night, getting me drinks and taking care of anything that we needed. When we got back to our suite, the card box and wedding items that we had brought had been delivered to our room and neatly stacked in boxes. We truly had nothing to worry about.

For anyone hesitant about the cost, I can honestly say I have no regrets and would have even paid more in hindsight for the peace of mind that I had on my wedding day. She is one of a kind and know that she and the MED team could not come more highly recommend.

Sent on 02/17/2019

Magnolia Event Design FAQ

• Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Michael + Anna Costa Photography
    Michael + Anna Costa Photography Wedding Photographers

Lindsey of Magnolia Events is incredible! Her level of knowledge and skill, coupled with her design aesthetic makes her a special talent. She has impeccable taste and is a true professional in her field. She is the perfect fit for a couples who require someone that can pull off an amazing event with style.

• Anna Delores Photography
    Anna Delores Photography Wedding Photographers

Lindsay genuinely cares about each and every detail of every wedding she coordinates and is committed to working with the bride, groom, and everyone involved in the excitement of the wedding day. Lindsay's approach is exactly what wedding planning should be: sincerity of effort, experience and understanding of the wedding industry, and confident, professional coordination of every last detail.

• LunaBella Makeup & Hair
    LunaBella Makeup & Hair Wedding Hair & Makeup

We love working with Magnolia Event Designs and have done so for the past 7 years. Lindsey and her crew are incredible and coordinate some of the top events and weddings in Santa Barbara. From start to finish, they take pride and great care of their clients. They are a full service planning crew and work with the vendors to help coordinate an excellent event. Lindsey is a true professional who knows how to get things done. If your looking for a coordinator who is smart,funny,witty, organized, and knows her craft---Look no further!

• Santa Barbara, 93101 See on map