Lavish Occasions

Staten Island, NY View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$3,500 Package Price

Marissa Mortimer is one of the most sought after Event Planners in the New York Metropolitan Area. Marissa realized her calling to plan Special Events back in the early 90s when she sang for Wedding Ceremonies. At 34, she is known for her commitment to surpass her clients' expectations and for creating both intimate weddings and extravagant upscale affairs for a long list of clients, including many of Staten Island's elite. Her specialties “Wedding Planning and “Day of Coordination” have boasted 100% satisfaction in over 300 planned events.

Marissa was named one of the ‘Top Ten Entrepreneurs Under 35’ in the New York metro area by Industry magazine in 2005. Another achievement was being selected to teach her craft at the prestigious Wagner College to hopeful Wedding Planners who would like to become Certified Wedding Planners. She credits her Bachelors of Science in Psychology and Sociology for her calming demeanor and good judge of character. Marissa also received rave reviews for her article “10 Great Places for your Lavish Occasion” boasting some of the best facilities in the NY/NJ Metro area while inspiring several couple’s to choose these facilities for their weddings. Marissa has been featured on NJ12, NY1 and is quoted often in the Staten Island Advance and New York Post for her expertise in planning, design and etiquette. She currently teaches three college level courses: Certified Wedding and Event Planning, Preston Bailey’s Signature Wedding and Event Design and Professional Event Coordination.

In between Events, Marissa enjoys her book club, playing cards, swimming and spending time with her family. She gains inspiration from travel, fashion, theatre and her friends and family.

When I was young my grandfather told me that no matter what, you should ‘aim high’ in all that you do… and you would always be successful. Also to ask yourself two questions: ‘what do you truly love to do and what would you do for free’. You will know that you have made the right choice. That was the best advice I ever received and from the best person I ever knew… and it has brought me great happiness and much success”. Marissa Mortimer

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,795

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$3,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$3,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$75

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Clara P. Married on 10/16/2021

Invaluable!

Marissa and her team provide services that are invaluable to a bride and groom on their big day! Marissa is attentive, responsive and extremely knowledgeable that it is an unmistaken fact that she is the best in the business. Every member of her team is also unbelievably attentive and caring. It felt as though I was planning and enjoying my wedding with family and friends as opposed to a group of professionals. Not a single thing went wrong during my wedding and I know that if there was an issue to be dealt with, that Marissa and her team took care of it while I was none the wiser and that peace of mind is something beyond monetary value. I cannot say enough about Lavish Occasions and how worth every single penny their services are!
    Dominic Married on 10/15/2021

The Perfect Day!

Marissa and her team are amazing and professional. She effortlessly and smoothly guided us through a Covid-friendly micro wedding and the postponed big day. The day of, she put out any fires including some we didn’t even know about till after the wedding. She even helped others do their jobs better. We’d recommend her without hesitation. She is simply the best!
    Bridget Married on 10/09/2021

Simply amazing!!!

Where do I begin? After I got engaged, I knew I needed to find a coordinator/planner that could keep me organized & on top of everything I need to do. After speaking to a few, I found Marissa through a friend. Right after getting off the phone with her I knew she was the right person to help make the wedding of my dreams come true! She is extremely personable & I connected with her on many levels. She just got me. Throughout the year & a half of planning, she gave me packets and check lists. She also gave me some really great advice & was there for me when a big bump in the road came. She listened & remembered everything I said in previous meetings. She was truly there for me. When it came time for my wedding day, my best friend was shocked from how calm I was. If it wasn’t for Marissa helping me through this process, I would have been a wreck. I was so calm knowing I had THE BEST in the business. I knew that everything was going to be perfect & it literally was! Her team was amazing the day of, shout out to Angela who kept the men on time! If you made it through this long post I would HIGHLY recommend Marissa & her team to ANY bride I know! She will tell you what works, what wouldn’t work & if it’s worth the money. She’s a very honest person & I wouldn’t have it any other way! After my wedding was over, my husband, both in laws & my parents all said how smoothly my day went because we had Marissa & her team. I can’t thank them enough for all they did & all Marissa did.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant! Julie Laudicina, Celebrant! Wedding Officiants

Marissa Morimer understands weddings! She knows how to make the most appropriate referrals, she listens to her clients, and she has the kind of folllow-through you'd expect from a first-class professional. She is the kind of wedding planner who will become your friend!

900 South Ave Third floor Staten Island, NY, 10314
Location of (Lavish Occasions)

Other vendors in Greater New York City Metro for your wedding