11 Crafton Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10314 Map · Phone number

About Lavish Occasions

Marissa Mortimer is one of the most sought after Event Planners in the New York Metropolitan Area. Marissa realized her calling to plan Special Events back in the early 90s when she sang for Wedding Ceremonies. At 34, she is known for her commitment to surpass her clients' expectations and for creating both intimate weddings and extravagant upscale affairs for a long list of clients, including many of Staten Island's elite. Her specialties "Wedding Planning and "Day of Coordination" have boasted 100% satisfaction in over 300 planned events.

Marissa was named one of the 'Top Ten Entrepreneurs Under 35' in the New York metro area by Industry magazine in 2005. Another achievement was being selected to teach her craft at the prestigious Wagner College to hopeful Wedding Planners who would like to become Certified Wedding Planners. She credits her Bachelors of Science in Psychology and Sociology for her calming demeanor and good judge of character. Marissa also received rave reviews for her article "10 Great Places for your Lavish Occasion" boasting some of the best facilities in the NY/NJ Metro area while inspiring several couple's to choose these facilities for their weddings. Marissa has been featured on NJ12, NY1 and is quoted often in the Staten Island Advance and New York Post for her expertise in planning, design and etiquette. She currently teaches three college level courses: Certified Wedding and Event Planning, Preston Bailey's Signature Wedding and Event Design and Professional Event Coordination.

In between Events, Marissa enjoys her book club, playing cards, swimming and spending time with her family. She gains inspiration from travel, fashion, theatre and her friends and family.

"When I was young my grandfather told me that no matter what, you should 'aim high' in all that you do… and you would always be successful. Also to ask yourself two questions: 'what do you truly love to do and what would you do for free'. You will know that you have made the right choice. That was the best advice I ever received and from the best person I ever knew… and it has brought me great happiness and much success". Marissa Mortimer

9d054a778c2495f8 1328375038298 1054sanIMG6901
Marissa ties the sash.
Marissa ties the sash. Photo by Christian Oth
Placing the blusher and veil.
Placing the blusher and veil. Photo by Christian Oth
Photography by The Studio. Gorgeous wedding day shoes
Photography by The Studio. Gorgeous wedding day shoes
Gorgeous Bridal Bouquet, my florist is my lifeline!
Photo by The Studio Photographers
Gorgeous Bridal Bouquet, my florist is my lifeline! Photo by The Studio Photographers
Photo by The Studio Photographers
The centerpiece is the hallmark of the table and of my design style. Again, my florist is my...
Ambiance.  Up-lighting is one of the most inexpensive ways to add customization and a touch of...
Ambiance. Up-lighting is one of the most inexpensive ways to add customization and a touch of...
9d054a778c2495f8 1328375038298 1054sanIMG6901

Lavish Occasions 5
Lavish Occasions 6
Lavish Occasions 7

JOANNA · Married on 10/27/2018

best decisions I made for my wedding

Lavish Occasions was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Hiring Marisa and her team truly allowed me, my husband, and our families to enjoy the wedding day. Lavish does everything from keeping your photographer on schedule to opening the champagne the morning of the wedding so my mom didn’t have to. My husband was even grateful to have a coordinator at his house the morning of the wedding and that says a lot! You may think little things won’t happen on your wedding day but it does and it is nice to have someone else pick up that slack. My husband’s button on his tux broke off in the middle of photos and Marissa sewed it back on herself!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Lea Sparacino · Married on 10/13/2018

absolutely fantastic!

Marissa was so extremely helpful throughtout my wedding process. What I really loved about her was how flexible she was with regarding my work schedule and made it easier for me to be able to meet with her. She has an inivting and warm personality and is really amazing at what she does!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Giovanna Ferrari · Married on 08/25/2018

Best money we ever spent!!

Hiring Lavish Occasions was the best decision I made during the entire engagement. We hired Marissa to plan our wedding from start to finish. I honestly don't know how we could have done it without them! From the very beginning we trusted that we would have the wedding of our dreams if we would follow the advice and we did. On the actual day knowing that we had a professional handling everything made all the difference. My husband and I cannot recommend Marissa and Lavish Occasions enough! A bonus to hiring them for wedding planning was the money we saved on hiring all of the venders through her. They discounted everything and not one of them disappointed us. Thank you Lavish Occasions!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Lavish Occasions FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,795.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 3,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 75.00
  • How many planners are on your team? 16

• Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!
    Julie Laudicina, Celebrant! Wedding Officiants

Marissa Morimer understands weddings! She knows how to make the most appropriate referrals, she listens to her clients, and she has the kind of folllow-through you'd expect from a first-class professional. She is the kind of wedding planner who will become your friend!

• 11 Crafton Avenue Staten Island, 10314 See on map