$3,500
Day-Of, Full, Partial

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Lavish Occasions

Marissa Mortimer is one of the most sought after Event Planners in the New York Metropolitan Area. Marissa realized her calling to plan Special Events back in the early 90s when she sang for Wedding Ceremonies.  At 34, she is known for her commitment to surpass her clients' expectations and for creating both intimate weddings and extravagant upscale affairs for a long list of clients, including many of Staten Island's elite. Her specialties “Wedding Planning and “Day of Coordination” have boasted 100% satisfaction in over 300 planned events.

Marissa was named one of the ‘Top Ten Entrepreneurs Under 35’ in the New York metro area by Industry magazine in 2005.  Another achievement was being selected to teach her craft at the prestigious Wagner College to hopeful Wedding Planners who would like to become Certified Wedding Planners. She credits her Bachelors of Science in Psychology and Sociology for her calming demeanor and good judge of character. Marissa also received rave reviews for her article “10 Great Places for your Lavish Occasion” boasting some of the best facilities in the NY/NJ Metro area while inspiring several couple’s to choose these facilities for their weddings. Marissa has been featured on NJ12, NY1 and is quoted often in the Staten Island Advance and New York Post for her expertise in planning, design and etiquette. She currently teaches three college level courses: Certified Wedding and Event Planning, Preston Bailey’s Signature Wedding and Event Design and Professional Event Coordination.

In between Events, Marissa enjoys her book club, playing cards, swimming and spending time with her family.  She gains inspiration from travel, fashion, theatre and her friends and family.

When I was young my grandfather told me that no matter what, you should ‘aim high’ in all that you do… and you would always be successful. Also to ask yourself two questions: ‘what do you truly love to do and what would you do for free’.  You will know that you have made the right choice.  That was the best advice I ever received and from the best person I ever knew… and it has brought me great happiness and much success”.   Marissa Mortimer

Categories: Wedding Planner

Rehearsal Dinner (4)
To-Do Lists (4)
Partial Planning (2)
Budget Analysis (1)

This was the best money I spent on my wedding. I could not recommend Marissa and her team more. I sent a frantic e-mail to Marissa four months prior to my wedding due to an issue with my venue. Marissa called me on her family vacation and put my mind at ease. From start to finish Marissa and her team exhibited professionalism and knowledge. Marissa answered e-mails and phone calls promptly. I hired Marissa and her team as my day of coordinator but she went above and beyond anything I could ever have imagined. She helped me with my seating chart, finding vendors, and coordinated my day from start to finish. It is hard to find people you can truly trust during your wedding experience but Marissa and her team is absolutely one of them.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

It was an incredible wedding. Marissa and her team took care of everything. They were all the time making sure everything well during the event, making us feel so comfortable! Our wedding was amazing! We are so happy Marissa! We really recommend her and her team! ❤️

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I was one of those brides that said I can plan my wedding all by myself without a planner. Little did I expect to connect with Marissa from Lavish Occasions one month before my wedding. I was stressed and in need of help and she was there to assure me that my wedding will be great. She was hundred percent right! Marissa and her team made sure to carry out all the tasks that I had asked of them to do on my wedding day. Rehearsal was organized so well by Marissa. They were very respectful and understanding of my Indian Christian culture and our traditions for weddings. I am so glad we hired them for the day of wedding coordination, it was worth it. The Lavish team has such great dedication, passion, and patience which they express in every step of the process. My husband and I could not be any happier for choosing Marissa and her team. We highly recommend Lavish Occasions for any event!

Profile Picture Praisey, 8/26/17, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1328375186629 1399sanimg7143
220x220 sq 1328375358873 1404sanimg7147
220x220 sq 1328375546788 img1494

1 ENDORSEMENT
Marissa Morimer understands weddings! She knows how to make the most appropriate referrals, she listens to her clients, and she has the kind of folllow-through you'd expect from a first-class professional. She is the kind of wedding planner who will become your friend!

11 Crafton Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10314   See On Map