San Diego, CA 92129 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Jon Chan Photography

If you're like me, the first thing you do when you visit someone's website is check out their "About Me" section. I like to find out a little about the person before looking at their pictures...It helps you understand the photographer and the way they see the world. [Plus, if I'm an engaged couple looking for a photographer the last thing I need is a difficult vendor.]

So "About Me" sections tend to fall into two main camps if you will. On one side you've got the guy who has been doing photography for what seems to be an eternity. They'll probably make a mention about the "good ole days of film". On the other camp, you have the ridiculously 'artsy-fartsy' type. They'll talk about "capturing love, one shot at a time." Or maybe something edgy like, "I capture dreams." <gag>

Me? I love people. I love photography. [And everyone and their moms love weddings. Duhh.] It's a perfect fit. I'm a firm believer in this little thing called integrity. Hard work and constant improvement come standard. I believe life is stressful enough...no need to add to it. I believe a simple smile goes a long way. And I don't believe in having "clients." Only friends.

All the best!

b849d5eb1ab71743 1237090080759 Alex Betty Wedding226
rJoyce Yuki Wedding002A

8 Reviews for Jon Chan Photography

My · Married on 09/26/2009

Jonathan is very easy to talk with and is also very charming. On our wedding day, he was able to capture the day and provide us with very artistic and beautiful photos. We love that fact that he provided us with all the wedding photos - most photographers keep the photos and charge for extra prints. In this case, we received the photos and were able to re-print, enlarge, do whatever we liked with OUR wedding photos. Jonathan believes that these are the clients memories and property. He is also very flexible - we were not completely firm with our wedding schedule until the very last minute, but Jonathan was very accommodating and flexible to our needs. He responds quickly and we felt at ease with him as our photographer. We ended up purchasing the wedding album after the wedding because we were on a tight budget. The album just arrived and is beautiful. My husband and I love his work and we are so happy we found him.

Sent on 02/10/2010

Vivian · Married on 05/23/2009

Jon was an absolute pleasure to work with. Up until the day of the wedding, I was a frazzled stress-case procrastinator of a bride, but he was extremely patient and incredibly accommodating. He didn't fret when I gave him the group picture list late. He didn't mind when I wasn't promptly responsive to his e-mails. He was incredibly understanding about the stresses of being a bride and worked around my schedule.

On the day of the wedding, that's when I realized that I hired the guy with the right personality. Despite my awkwardness in taking photos, despite my goofiness and my inability to take serious photos, Jon's cheerful and funny, but low-key attitude really made it easier for me to relax. It was amazing, but I actually looked graceful in my pics! While taking pics of the guests, his personality truly dazzled! I received so many compliments on my photographer from the guests!

After the wedding, I continued to be impressed when I received my photo-book. Not only was he the guy with the right personality, he was extremely talented! Somehow, someway, he was able to capture me and my husband, our true personalities, in these photos. They weren't just pictures of us. They were pictures of the feelings we felt at that exact moment. And this is something I can only relive through these photos.

I am so grateful to Jon. Overall, he is the photographer that was able to capture our personalities perfectly. He is the photographer that all of the guests were impressed by. He is the photographer that was so incredibly accommodating. He is the photographer that gave me and my husband a priceless gift. Thanks, Jon!

Sent on 12/28/2009

Thomas · Married on 09/27/2008

Jonathan was a great photographer! He was able to capture exactly what we wanted from our special day and more. He was very professional, organized and easy to work with. He made us feel very comfortable from our very first meeting till the end of the night. Our finished photos and album were delivered to us in a timely matter. We were very satisfied with how great they were! We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 03/22/2009

Jon Chan Photography FAQ

• What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Jon Chan Photography 1
    10% Off Photography Packages!! Exclusive for WeddingWire!
    Wedding wire has been such a wonderful community to us that we're offering a 10% discount on all packages. When you book, just mention that you're from wire. We'll take care of it!