Hair Bar

• Pinned Salon
  • Uma Pout

2 Reviews for Hair Bar

Sandra · Married on 06/29/2013

It was so much fun to have all the bride, attendants, and mother meet at the Hair Bar the morning of the wedding for hair and makeup. Such a fun and friendly atmosphere, and everyone looked absolutely beautiful. Would love to drop in again if I am ever in Southlake. Great Service! Good Experience!

Sent on 07/04/2013
  • Victoria

Victoria Dokey · Married on 05/24/2019

Wedding Hair Don't

I booked my appointment online for a blowout with curls. I was the maid of honor in a wedding and am awful at curling my own hair so I went online to book. The pricing on the website states All Blowouts: $42 so when I booked my appointment I was prepare to pay this amount plus tip. What I wasn't told at any point during the appointment booking or check in process was there was a time limit on the appointment and going past that time would incur a fee. I have longer thick hair (although 1/3 of it is shaved underneath) but I was never told or given a consultation telling me I may have to pay more. I've also been to dry bars before and never had an issue getting out in an hour and this was back before I had any hair shaved so I didn't think there would be any issue. I wasn't informed of the time policy until I was 50 minutes in to my appointment. I was initially told the $42 covered 45 minutes, then I got to the desk and they said it was an hour, but in a follow up email I was told it's 1 hour and 15minutes and that the stylist should get someone else involved to do their best to get the service completed in the hour and a half but that was not done. After getting to my car I realized not only was my hair not even fully dry, but it hadn't been round brushed so it wasn't even a classic blowout. My hair was frizzy and looked worse than when I had walked through the doors. Immediately I emailed the company regarding my experience to first give them a chance to make it right. The response I got was pretty much just them saying the staff should be trained better and that the stylist should have asked for help from someone else to get me out in an hour and 15 minutes, but that never happened. They at no point made any effort to do anything to try and make it right. I work in the beauty industry and everyone I have spoken with expressed their disgust at the way the situation was handled. I will not be going back and I will tell anyone who asks not to go back as well. The bummer part is the girls working were nice, but just slow with hair and awful at communication. Thank goodness I was able to find a real stylist on short notice to fix the awful not even full blow dry I had been given. I'm not sure what I would've done if I had to be in wedding photos with my hair looking the way it did when I left Hair Bar with my roots still wet and my hair frizzy.

Sent on 10/06/2020