Echard Wheeler Photography

Virginia Beach, VA View map
$4,200 Most Popular Price

$4,200 Most Popular Price

As a wedding photojournalist, my approach to shooting is unobtrusive and intuitive, with an attention to detail. I take great pride in photographing beautiful portraiture, but the essence of my work is artfully capturing those joyful moments in-between. Those brief instances help tell the beautiful wedding story of your day and will make you remember what’s ultimately most important: how your day FELT.

Since 1998 I’ve shot well over 500 weddings, countless portrait sessions, been published by magazines and blogs that I'm truly proud of and worked with the best of the best in the wedding industry -- I really couldn't imagine doing anything else. So please check out mywork everywhere, and if our vision is in sync I hope to hear from you soon!

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$3,200

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Matted Prints

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$4,200

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Albums

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Digital Files

Corey C. Married on 05/07/2021

Absolutely amazing

Echard was incredible from the start and I can’t imagine having a better set of photos to look back on.

He did our engagement photos and made the whole experience so comfortable and relaxed. The photos turned out so well and it really felt like Echard captured our personalities as opposed to have just a selection of staged photos.

Echard stuck with us through multiple wedding date reschedules and a venue change, continuing to be positive and supportive with each adjustment we had to make.

Echard arrived the day of the wedding ready to roll. He was so easy going and fit right in. We never felt rushed, nor did we feel like we were taking pictures for hours. Echard made sure to get all the shots we asked for and did some choreographing on his own too. The photos from our wedding are truly incredible. You can see the love and laughter in the photos. You can see all the joy that was filling the room that evening. I absolutely love the candid moments and Echard has such a knack for capturing those. Even in the more staged photos, my husband and I look like ourselves and look comfortable and look at ease. We’re not the photo types, so it says a lot about Echard’s approach.

We feel so incredibly grateful for Echard and his talents. We’ll have the best photos to remember all of the details of this day.
  • Hallie
    Hallie E. Married on 04/24/2021

The photos speak for themselves!!!!

Echard is absolutely wonderful. First of all, his experience and reputation in the business is phenomenal. Just look through his website/blog and you’ll find every wedding is stellar and you’ll find every kind of celebration you could dream of and many you can relate to — that’s why I felt comfortable choosing Echard to document our day. My husband and I aren’t that comfortable being photographed but from the start of our engagement session we were totally fine — Echard has a calm demeanor and is very laid back. HOWEVER he is also a true pro and will be able to wrangle your people for portraits on your wedding day; he finds the details lighting etc etc etc that we’d never think of. Somehow he was in the middle of the action all during our wedding day but also blended seamlessly into the landscape. Echard is so kind so talented. Experience unmatched. Hire him you
    won’t regret it! I didn’t even want to put our faces and wedding photos on wedding wire so I chose just a few to include that show his creative eye. All the staples and moments posed and candid-Echard finds a way to capture the feeling of the day and get it all. Here is just a couple from our day.
    Thank you Echard!!!!!!

Echard Wheeler Photography's reply:

Wow, you are so so kind! Thank you so much! You all were an absolute pleasure to work with! Everything about your day was a treat to witness. Even the drizzle:)
  • Lisa
    Lisa G. Married on 09/05/2020

Exceptional Wedding Photographer

My husband and I chose Echard for our photographer after he came highly recommended to me by another vendor. I looked through his photos and really liked his portraits, I thought they were very natural which is what I was hoping for. We got married on September 5th (mid-pandemic), and were a little concerned that we might not be able to pull off the day with all our vendors and all the added security measures. Luckily, we had no issues at all. Everyone showed up and worked fabulously together. Echard was extremely professional, and you would never know from our photos that people were in masks all around us! It felt like a very "normal" wedding, and our photos turned out incredible. We still can't decide on our favorites to make an album as we love ALL of our pictures! We highly recommend Echard and are so happy that we chose him to capture our day - he is certainly a 5 star vendor! Truly couldn't be happier.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Real Weddings

• Charlie & Christy
    28 photos · 04/16/2016

Lesner Inn Lesner Inn Banquet Halls

We LOVE having Echard shoot at Lesner Inn! He is the most easy-going person and always rolls with the punches on a wedding day. One of our favorite memories is a wedding that he shot here last summer where it was pouring rain but he still managed to get the most stunning portraits of the bride and groom. Nothing was going to stop him from getting the perfect picture and he will go above and beyond to make sure he gets it. And that's the best quality you could ever want in your wedding photographer!

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates Rev. Cory Newell and Associates Wedding Officiants

LIke a silent photo ninja artist, Echard takes pictures, magnificent photos, and you had no idea he was there. I've worked with him at several weddings and his are some of my favorite!! Consider him, he's an expert, and your pictures would be perfect. Love, pastor cory <><

Style Events Style Events Wedding Planners

"The Team with Style" just had the pleasure of working with Echard this past weekend at a Norfolk wedding! Echard is sure to capture your special day in an elegant and detailed way! He is always professional and such a joy to work with! We look forward to many more events with Echard Wheeler!

Virginia Beach, 23451
Location of (Echard Wheeler Photography)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding