525 Byron Street Suite A, Chesapeake, VA 23320 Map · Phone number

Blue Steel Lighting Design 5
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 05/04/2019

Great experience with Blue Steel

My wife and I had a great experience with Blue Steel at the VMFA. Michelle and Kaci were extremely professional and easy to work with, and the lighting looked absolutely gorgeous at the museum and created the perfect ambiance for our wedding. We cannot recommend Blue Steel highly enough!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Kirsten Shiroma · Married on 12/01/2018

Blue Steel is A+ lightning and service!

I highly recommend the Blue Steel group for any lighting needs! The service, professionalism, and attention to detail is paramount. When I found out that Michelle was a prior wedding planner it all made sense. Michelle is a calming presence and you can’t help but immediately fall for her positive attitude and loving nature.

I didn’t originally plan to have lighting but once I saw what they had previously done I knew it would be the icing on the cake. I was unsure of the exact thing I wanted but I knew the effect I wanted. Michelle and Kaci came out and viewed the venue site with me. The communication from the start was responsive and consistent. Blue Steel gave me a variety of lighting options and was willing to listen to my wants versus my budget versus their costs. Ultimately we settled on an outside twinkle canopy.

Wedding day came and rain was in the forecast. The day before Michelle called me to talk our options out. I still wanted twinkle lighting and while the original idea wasn’t going to work, they wanted to make it work for me somehow. Master mind Jeremy was able to still do the twinkle canopy...he just lowered it a little so it could be seen inside. The effect was fantastic. Guests commented on the lights and sparkle effect all night. The lights ended up right behind our sweetheart table and can be seen in pictures.

I highly recommend Blue Steel and will be using them again for any lighting needs in the future. Thank y’all for being an awesome vendor!!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Liz · Married on 06/09/2018

The Blue Steel team is incredible!!!!!! Blue Steel Lighting seriously knows how to transform a space - I was hesitant by the extra expense, but it is so incredibly worth it. Blue Steel did an excellent job creating a soft, romantic ambiance for the ceremony and dinner, and then proceeded to transform the venue again when our epic dance party broke out. We also had Blue Steel set up bistro lighting at our indoor venue - and guests remarked on how they felt like they were outside! Finally, I had a very specific vision for a bar that was going to be a focal point for our wedding - and Blue Steel listened to my ideas (patiently!), helped me brainstorm the perfect plan (even drew a little mock up so I could visualize everything!) and then executed my vision flawlessly! I couldn't be more pleased with Blue Steel and would recommend them to any bride that wants the perfect mood lighting (and/or specialty lighting!). This team is unreal.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Blue Steel Lighting Design FAQ

• What decor services do you provide? Event Design

• Groovin' Gourmets
    Groovin' Gourmets Wedding Caterers

Easy to work with. Great company.

• Flowers by Mona Ray
    Flowers by Mona Ray Wedding Florists

These folks do an awesome job.. Every time I deliver to an event I know that my designs will look twice as nice due to their lighting techniques.. Consider this vendor a must have..

• The Proper Setting
    The Proper Setting Wedding Planners

No one does lighting like Blue Steel! Talk about a good investment - lighting can transform your event. And John and his team make it easy. John listens to the designers and planners to be sure that his lighting creations exactly fit your event. We love Blue Steel!

• 525 Byron Street, Suite A Chesapeake, 23320 See on map