Blue Steel Lighting Design Reviews

Blue Steel Lighting Design 3
Blue Steel Lighting Design 4
Blue Steel Lighting Design 5

Kirsten Shiroma · Married on 12/01/2018

Blue Steel is A+ lightning and service!

I highly recommend the Blue Steel group for any lighting needs! The service, professionalism, and attention to detail is paramount. When I found out that Michelle was a prior wedding planner it all made sense. Michelle is a calming presence and you can’t help but immediately fall for her positive attitude and loving nature.

I didn’t originally plan to have lighting but once I saw what they had previously done I knew it would be the icing on the cake. I was unsure of the exact thing I wanted but I knew the effect I wanted. Michelle and Kaci came out and viewed the venue site with me. The communication from the start was responsive and consistent. Blue Steel gave me a variety of lighting options and was willing to listen to my wants versus my budget versus their costs. Ultimately we settled on an outside twinkle canopy.

Wedding day came and rain was in the forecast. The day before Michelle called me to talk our options out. I still wanted twinkle lighting and while the original idea wasn’t going to work, they wanted to make it work for me somehow. Master mind Jeremy was able to still do the twinkle canopy...he just lowered it a little so it could be seen inside. The effect was fantastic. Guests commented on the lights and sparkle effect all night. The lights ended up right behind our sweetheart table and can be seen in pictures.

I highly recommend Blue Steel and will be using them again for any lighting needs in the future. Thank y’all for being an awesome vendor!!

Liz · Married on 06/09/2018

The Blue Steel team is incredible!!!!!! Blue Steel Lighting seriously knows how to transform a space - I was hesitant by the extra expense, but it is so incredibly worth it. Blue Steel did an excellent job creating a soft, romantic ambiance for the ceremony and dinner, and then proceeded to transform the venue again when our epic dance party broke out. We also had Blue Steel set up bistro lighting at our indoor venue - and guests remarked on how they felt like they were outside! Finally, I had a very specific vision for a bar that was going to be a focal point for our wedding - and Blue Steel listened to my ideas (patiently!), helped me brainstorm the perfect plan (even drew a little mock up so I could visualize everything!) and then executed my vision flawlessly! I couldn't be more pleased with Blue Steel and would recommend them to any bride that wants the perfect mood lighting (and/or specialty lighting!). This team is unreal.

• Reegan

Reegan · Married on 12/30/2017

Blue Steel did the most phenomenal job transforming our Wedding space into an absolute fairy tale! I absolutely loved working them and throughout the planning process they were extremely responsive to all my questions. I want to give special props to Michelle for really putting together my exact vision, Kaci for her top notch communication with me, and Patrick for running all the details the day of and making everything perfect! I highly recommend using their services!

Blue Steel Lighting Design 6
    Blue Steel Lighting Design 7
    Blue Steel Lighting Design 8
    Blue Steel Lighting Design 9
    Blue Steel Lighting Design 10

Grace · Married on 09/30/2017

Michelle, Jeremy and the Blue Steel team are AMAZING!! When I decided to get married in Williamsburg where I grew up, I started online searches for weddings to get a sense for the vendors. Blue Steel came up in every single one of the weddings I looked at and in particular for the weddings I liked! So I immediately contacted them even before I had my planner as I wanted to get on their books - thank goodness I did! I got married in a ballroom as a practical matter (more convenient for elderly guests) but really wanted the ballroom transformed as I wasn't a big fan of the carpet and walls. Blue Steel literally made it into a completely different room with their lighting and design. It was incredible!! Also I had a garden theme I wanted brought to life and Blue Steel not only did lighting but helps engineer the overall design including a whole dance floor structure, bringing in all sorts of trees and shrubbery and hanging lanterns from the ceiling to create an intimate atmosphere that was also grand and elegant. It was amazing and made the reception absolutely perfect. Thank you, Blue Steel!!

Alyssa · Married on 06/24/2017

Michelle & Caitlyn are WONDERFUL!! Both of them are so sweet and very professional at what we do. We got married at the Chrysler Museum & seriously, you can't have the perfect wedding there without uplighting! It really helped create and transform the venue especially with the columns. Everyone loved the gabo on the wall - we heard so many great things about it!! Highly, highly recommend blue steel! They're amazing!

Chelsea · Married on 05/06/2017

Blue Steel is awesome! We had guests commenting on how amazing the lighting was at our wedding. They set the entire mood for the evening and do an amazing job! They were a little more expensive than a few other vendors, but they are so worth it! Technician on site all night, you worry about nothing! Gorgeous!

• Sam

Sam · Married on 06/26/2016

We booked Blue Steel Lighting Design for our wedding and it was one of the BEST decisions that we made!! I cannot say thank you enough to Michelle, Jeremy, Caitlyn, and the rest of the team for their kindness, support, hard work, and dedication! Starting with the first appointment, the customer service was off the charts I knew that Blue Steel would make our reception venue look gorgeous and fit the vibe that we were going for and sure enough, they did!! The draping, lighting, trees, and all of the other little touches that Blue Steel did really made our reception come together and transformed the space. We feel blessed to have had such a dedicated and brilliant team with us on our wedding day. Thank you to the entire Blue Steel team!!

Katie · Married on 05/21/2016

Blue Steel did an AMAZING job with the lighting and tent decor at our wedding reception. They did 3+ site visits to ensure that we had the right type of lighting for the evening (tented outdoors at the house I grew up in) and were AMAZING when we needed to shift our layout to our rain plan. I HIGHLY recommend.

Jasmine · Married on 05/07/2016

If you don't think lighting changes the atmosphere of a reception - you are mistaken! I have been working with Caitlyn from Blue Steel Lighting and from our very first meeting she was able to articulate how important lighting was. Blue Steel Lighting did such a wonderful job turning our reception space into a nice ambience for dinner and PARTY for dancing! I would definitely recommend Blue Steel Lighting to anyone having an event!

Theresa · Married on 05/07/2016

We booked Blue Steel to provide lighting for our wedding in the 4x4 area of the Outer Banks - and it was one of the best decisions that we made!! John and Simone were wonderful to work with - we got married at an event home, and they even went out of their way to meet us at the event home prior to the wedding date to make plans. And the lighting that they provided definitely made our wedding reception an event that our wedding guests will always remember - the teal backlighting on the house was incredible! We highly recommend using Blue Steel - they were great!

Erin · Married on 10/24/2015

John from Blue Steel Lighting was excellent to work with. His attention to detail and quality of service was more than we could ask for. John took the time to listen to us and provided us with the most beautiful setting. The impact of the lighting transformed the entire venue and set the mood for the entire evening as well. This is a definite must have!

I had no idea lighting was a thing for weddings but it without a doubt makes all the difference in the world. Blue Steel did an ah-mazing job! We were so grateful to have your guidance. Our family and friends are still talking about how beautiful everything was. Thank you for helping make our dream wedding come true!

Julie · Married on 10/17/2015

We were looking for up lighting to give our wedding venue a bit of a pop. We met with Caitlyn she was amazing! She got to know us a couple and really took an interest with us. After our initial meeting she kept in great contact with me! Their price and packages were the best for our wedding. On the wedding day when my husband and I got to the reception it was so beautiful. Blue Steel Lighting really helped my wedding everything I wanted it to be. I would recommend them to anyone wanting that extra pop for their wedding!

Jennifer · Married on 09/27/2015

As a bride, it is so important to have the right lighting and it something that should be heavily considered when planning out your budget. Lighting makes ALL the difference in the world for not only your pictures (that will otherwise look plain) but most importantly to the energy or the entire event! Blue Steel did an amazing job and let me tell you that between their lighting and the DJs skills, the dance floor was occupied all night long. Also our pictures look amazing! Little details pop out because of how they were lit. Thank you Michelle and Jeremy! You both rock!

Amelia · Married on 09/26/2015

If you're searching unique, original, creative and custom designed event, these are your guys. From the initial beginning, we really threw some ideas at Jeremy and Caitlyn and they literally took "Cinderella gets lost in the woods" and made it a Magical Woodland Fairytale. One huge thing was the custom pieces they created. When it came to drapery in the Reception Tent, I looked at all photos for inspiration and couldn't fall in love with any of it. Jeremy stepped in, he said "I think I may have an idea" and he came back with a few concept drawings. From those, he got more and more inspired and what came out was the most beautiful thing you've NEVER seen. He created custom wood pieces hanging from the ceiling, with chandeliers hanging from them. Another thing was to hide the tent poles on the ceiling. Thinking he'd do some drapery, his solution was something completely unexpected, but incredibly awesome. It was long pillars of wood with scrolls on the end, i mean pretty much indescribable. Jeremy was so excited to show them, but worried they'd be over the top, however knowing I wanted something unique he took a chance, and boy did it pay off big time. They made a wall of foliage and drapery to hide the trailer port-a-johns, beautiful vintage lamps hanging from the side of the tents, custom stage sidings, custom bars with a tv slideshow and so much more. They also were able to convert everything from outdoor locations to a rain plan tent with only a day to figure it out, and made it beautiful at that! Even at night, the whole place shifted in lighting to an amazing Gala type party with luxurious blues, a Edison bulb lit fire-pit area, and a up-lit lined driveway.
    Ultimately when you hire these guys, let them do their job. Let them come up with something amazing for you that will stand out from anyone else's wedding, and you won't be disappointed. Thanks to Blue Steel for making our Wedding Amazing, it honestly wouldn't have been the same without you!!
    Amelia & David

Carol · Married on 09/03/2015

Blue Steel Lighting Design is amazing at what they do. Lighting is so very important when it comes to creating the right ambience for a wedding and Blue Steel definitely helped to create a magical evening for our wedding. Everyone one we encounter and worked with at Blue Steel were so helpful and wonderful to work with. We highly recommend Blue Steel Lighting Design!

• Monique

Monique · Married on 08/22/2015

Blue Steel was awesome! My husband and I did a room flip and the lighting for the ceremony and reception made everything come to life!! Joshua was great to work with and I was glad he was able to work our wedding as well. The entire team was professional and really worked with my husband and I while I was out of state during the planning process. I would definitely recommend Blue Steel for you wedding!

Jenna · Married on 08/15/2015

Blue Steel did a great job at my August wedding! They were very responsive during the planning process and executed our lighting needs perfectly. I especially loved the bistro lighting that they strung outside and over the dance floor! They also did a great job recreating our monogram on the dance floor. Don't hesitate to book them!

Everything was great! They were in and out very quickly to set up the lights and then came back the next day to take them all down. There were no issues and everything was beautifully done!

• hillary

hillary · Married on 02/28/2015

Blue steel was able to transform the ballroom into my dream, soft, romantic wedding. I wanted soft pink uplighting, monogram on the floor, pin spots, and they did it all more beautifully than I ever imagined.

Not a single thing went wrong. They had a crew stay there all night to make sure everything was perfect and it was.
    The lighting made the look and feel of my wedding.

I was so happy with how it all turned out!

Nicki · Married on 11/09/2014

The whole crew was great to work with. They were very flexible and understanding with any questions or changes. The lighting really made the ceremony and the reception beautiful. The pictures of our first dance with the lighting were awesome.

Daniel · Married on 11/09/2014

I chose them for the wedding because of there professionalism & focus on making the event amazing. They did great work with no errors and always stayed in contact with us. I would highly recommend them for anyone to use because they will blow you away with there lighting.

Krista · Married on 09/27/2014

Blue Steel Lighting was the best addition to our wedding vendor team, and I'm so happy we decided to add lighting for our wedding. Our photographer's recommended using lighting at Jennette's Pier for backlighting and a spotlight, as it really adds a lot to the space, and I am so happy we went with their recommendation. Blue Steel was super easy to work with, and with little direction from us delivered exactly what we were looking for. The whole room was backlit with changing colors, and the spotlighted really added a special element to the evening, and I know it will show in the photos. Thanks Blue Steel for rocking it!

Rachael · Married on 09/25/2014

I would HIGHLY recommend Blue Steel Lighting! John was awesome and flexible to work with! I would also recommend if you are going to splurge on one thing for your wedding I would 110% pick lighting!!! The lighting for our wedding was truly Magical and made the night that much more special to us!

Tiffany · Married on 09/21/2014

They know lighting! We were very happy with the services they provided for our wedding. Michelle was a huge help!! We had a evening wedding outside in a garden and they knew exactly where to place their lights to accent the natural beauty of the place - which is exactly what we wanted! We've also been to friends indoor weddings and we've always been impressed with how Blue Steel can accent and create exactly the atmosphere you are looking for. Thanks Blue Steel!