Pasadena, CA 91101 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 4

About DJ UNDASTAN

DJ UNDASTAN, a Chicago native, says he got much of his soul from Dad blasting music starting around the time he was just an embryo! Growing up around a multitude of cultures, he pursued the drums in High School. Self-taught, DJ UNDASTAN managed to learn all of his parts by mimicking the other section players since he never read music. Sharpening his foundation of rhythmic skills and learning new grooves lead him to get his first turntable by the age of 20. Cultured by the expressive urban radio stations of Chicago WGCI & WBMX, Stans affinity for mixing flourished and carved a niche as one of the premier local DJs in town known for his foray of styles, producing unique blends of classic rock to soul music. DJ UNDASTAN recent credits include wrap parties for Damon Wayans Hope Street, Tyson Beckfords Christmas Bash, the Vans Warp tour (an international rock/punk band tour which boasts not only great musical talent, but inline skateboarding events), etc. He is currently preparing to create and produce his own Internet Radio & Cable show to showcase emerging non-mainstream artists. I have been dj’ing since 1992. I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and migrated West, as it was a goal of my parents to ultimately settle in California. However, on our journey westward and a couple hiccups along the way I was exposed to many styles of music. Growing up in Southern California I was exposed too many ethnicities and cultures and subsequently their styles of music. As my experience as a dj developed, I was given the opportunity to dj not only for my peers but celebrity parties, Night Clubs, wrap parties, weddings, private events, Corporate Events (Google, Jack In The Box) and specialty parties. I am a seasoned dj that specializes in mixing many styles of music and customizes selections specifically for each client. I have performed at over 300 Weddings, not including Private or Corporate Functions. My focus is to provide my clients a professional and classy event, but at the same time providing a night club feel for guests to enjoy My music selection is based on 7 generations and with proper planning/coordination a sample can be provided immediately.

WWW.DJUNDASTAN.COM

• Videos 1

2 Reviews for DJ UNDASTAN

• Janee

Janee · Married on 08/25/2012

I struck gold with my DJ!! Stan was amazing to work with. Very professional. As an out of town bride I needed special accommodations and Stan had no problem meeting my needs. The day of my wedding Stan was early for set-up, followed the timeline, but most important kept the party going. My guest are still talking about the great music we had. I will be working with Stan in the future for other family/corporate functions. I was beyond satisfied.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Antoinette · Married on 04/11/2012

DJ UNDASTAN is the best dj! He was recommended to me by a friend and after our first meeting I knew he was going to provide the entertainment for our wedding. He is extremely knowledgeable, reliable, and prompt with feedback. I also wanted to honor my parents 30th anniversary at our wedding and he was equipped with ideas. He is up to date, comes to meetings with his iPad, and his website is user friendly for his clients to select their wedding music and timeline of events. he knows how to keep the party going and has a good feel for the crowd. If he feels he can change the music a bit to get more people dancing, he does! Our dance floor was packed until the end. We have received many compliments even two months after our wedding saying how great he was. Not to mention, we loved watching our jam cam that he does to capture all the important parts of the reception!

Sent on 09/19/2012

DJ UNDASTAN FAQ

• What music genres do you specialize in? Christian, Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

• Felicity Christopher Photography
    Felicity Christopher Photography Wedding Photographers

The BEST wedding/event DJ! We work together great as a team, and he has experience you can trust, quality you can count on!!

• This is the Day
    This is the Day Wedding Planners

We have worked with DJ Undastan on several occasions and we just love his energy, his kindred spirit that gets the crowd going, and his desire to make each celebration memorable with the music that goes to the heart. He's always one of my first vendors I refer and I look forward to working with him over and over again.

• This is the Day
    This is the Day Wedding Planners

• Pasadena, 91101 See on map
    9095863224 (Other Phone Number)