1 Main Street, Boston, MA 12401 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About DJ Cookie Policy

Born in New York. Raised on punk rock and independent music, I started DJing in 2007 as an outlet for his obsessive music collection. Parties and the music library grew to a professional level shortly before my time spent at Sir Paul McCartney's Liverpool Institute for the Preforming Arts, where studies in music composition, performance, engineering and business further impacted my competence and perspective.

My career and influences continued to grow through gigs with the likes of Dan Croll (Dire Wolf), Eliza Doolittle, Dominique Young Unique, Infected Mushroom & others. Gigs and residencies span both coasts of the American continent as well as South America and Europe. Global surface area covered, influences, drive, abilities & ambition grow with each music filled evening or festivity.

The mix is eclectic but focuses on solid groove, with heart and joy always at the core. Selections are chosen on a feeling and a rhythm over hype or release date. Purposeful genre bending allows for a wide range to be covered, appealing to both fans of underground/independent music and those who just want to move or be moved.

Common weapons: Indie, Disco, Funk, Nudisco & Oldschool hip hop.

If you care about music, then my services are for you. If you are in love... even better :)

Yelp >>> https://www.yelp.com/biz/dj-cookie-policy-boston-3

1 User photo

DJ Cookie Policy 1
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 11/10/2018

the best part of the wedding

I will start by saying my mother actually danced at my wedding and I don't think I have ever seen her dance in my life. The music was perfect, the lighting was perfect. I gave Brett a list of songs I liked which he incorporated throughout the night and also kept to the style I requested- I specifically didn't want to only hear top 40's or over-played party music (ie no cha cha slide). He was really able to read the crowd and choose songs to keep everyone going. He kept on schedule, introduced the various speakers, and even accommodated my last minute request to have a few of my friends perform live, making sure the sound system was equipped for that. He also went above and beyond and was able to play both the ceremony and reception music (at two different locations) and set up/broke down twice, without skipping a beat. People actually came up to me later and said that this was the most fun they have ever had at a wedding, that they couldn't remember the last time they danced so much....Anyway, I couldn't have been happier and would recommend Brett a million times over. He posed with us for a couple photos which included here!

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2018

My musical soulmate

Where can I even begin here?
    I guess what made Brett such a great fit for us was our mutual obsession with music- good dance music to be a bit more specific. My husband and I wanted someone who was willing to think outside the box as far as dance music was concerned. We had a non-traditional, black-tie wedding ( no sit down meal, cocktail party style), and while we hired a violin trio as well as a pianist, we wanted to add an epic dance party element to the second half of our event. It was just that, and more. We chose to leave out the usual wedding dancefloor songs because, well, it's expected. (and we can't stand them)
    Brett is organized, efficient, and so effortlessly cool that my husband and I want him to be our lifelong friend. He came to our house a few weeks before the wedding to go over all the details and get a better feel for our expectations for the night. We were on the exact same page.
    Once he started his set, I never left the room. There were some "soul circles" , a serenade from a very drunk bride to her groom, and the night closed out with Mazzy Star's "fade into you". IT WAS MAGIC. Brett trusted that I knew what my guests would dance to, and he pretty much touched on every genre/artist we had gone over with him.
    It was obviously the best night of our lives, and he had so much t do with that! WE LOVE YOU BRETT!

DJ Cookie Policy 2

CC · Married on 04/21/2018

Brett was GREAT! He tailored the play list to my husband's favorites as requested. He was such a pleasure to work with to set up the arrangement and a joy to finally meet in person. We would ABSOLUTELY use Brett's services again in a heartbeat. He was perfect for the Surprise 40th Birthday Party but I'm sure he'd be fantastic for any event. You can't go wrong with Brett! THANK YOU Brett!

DJ Cookie Policy Pricing

DJ Cookie Policy Price Rates

DJ Cookie Policy FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,600.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,725.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Disco Ball, Sound/PA System, MC, Microphones
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 100.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, R&B/Soul, Rock
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• DJ Cookie Policy 1
    Growing The Web Presence
    I'm new to wedding wire... but that's obvious. Let's change that! In exchange for your help, I'll gladly slice $100.00 off the top!

• Daniela Dawson Photography
    Daniela Dawson Photography Wedding Photographers

Very talented & creative DJ! We've worked together in the past & he is always entirely professional, accommodating and FUN, keeping everyone on the dance floor all night! His taste in music is exquisite and unique - perfect for events of all kind, including the alternative and nontraditional. Highly recommend!

• 1 Main Street Boston, Massachusetts, 12401 See on map