New York, NY 10009 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About DJ CherishTheLuv

People ask me what kind of music I like to play. I always say the kind that makes us forget our jobs.

I am blessed to be DJing in accompaniment with greats such as Nile Rodgers, Kathy Sledge, We Are Family Foundation, Three Dot Dash, Galinsky... and it is such a beautiful thing to bring my own talented crew of sax players, guitarists, percussionists and beatboxers along for the ride. And, what a ride it is. buckle up!

I simply represent excitement to be alive, discovery and creating great, new memories. For me and for you.

DJ CherishTheLuv, known during the day as Cynthia Cherish Malaran, is a native New York City DJ on the art gallery opening, womens movement and party scene, reigniting awareness and sparking conversations on how Music Heals. As a phoenix and survivor of traumatic brain injury, Cynthia Cherish uses music for healing purposes, to regain her memories and to create exciting new ones for all. As a Hospice of New York agent, DJ CherishTheLuv brings palliative music comfort to the terminally ill—those dying of cancer, AIDS and other illnesses. This DJ is also the Founder, Lead Coach and Publisher of Healing House Publishing, an information hub for those interested in workshops created and curated for healing the mind, body, spirit and wallet. Cynthia Cherish is publishing her musical healing journey. Entitled “Music Heals,” her book tells inspirational healing stories of her encounters with people in and through music. In this book, DJ CherishTheLuv writes about her “PennyParties,” DJing for charities and benefits, where she charges only one single penny for her DJ contributions. Book a PennyParty by calling (646) 244-5379.

And, to answer the question most commonly asked, yes, Cherish is her real middle name, given to her by her totally cool Momma.

“Thank you, Mom, for the daily reminder to cherish life, laughter and love.”

Follow DJ CherishTheLuv on

5 Reviews for DJ CherishTheLuv

Juliet · Married on 10/08/2017

There are not enough words of praise for Cherish the Luv. She listened to our every want and wish and created a playlist that had even the "I don't dance" people grooving! We had some weird choices on our playlists (from Pearl Jam to Miley Cyrus) and even could only find youtube links for some traditional Albanian songs but Cherish had it covered and then some. Not to mention all of our friends saying how relaxing her voice was when emcee'ing! Everyone (literally. everyone!) raved about Cherish and fought over who could book her for the next event. Thank you thank you thank you for being great and helping these two teachers' dream day come true!

Daina · Married on 10/03/2014

Outstanding job DJ CherishTheLuv! Cynthia exhibited all the professional traits that you look for in a wedding dj. She played to the crowd and had everyone up and dancing. We had a range of requests to play, including Lithuanian polkas, heavy metal and Taylor Swift. DJ CherishTheLuv seamlessly segued between a range of genres and played the right songs for the right moments. We highly recommend DJ CherishTheLuv!

Sent on 11/30/2014

DJ CherishTheLuv's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH for choosing me for the beautiful, once-in-a-lifetime experience of bringing the music to your wedding, Daina and Jimmy! I will carry those wonderful dancing and laughter moments in my heart forever! Seeing the kids jumping up and down and all the couples twirling around was magical.

Sarah · event on: 05/29/2014

Take my word for it, because I have very good taste. DJ Cherish The Love will read your crowd like no one else. She is so passionate about her music, the selection, matching music with the crowd. Please do yourself a favor and get her at your party, she books up fast!

Sent on 06/02/2014

DJ CherishTheLuv's reply:

Wow, Sarah, THANK YOU for the LOVE. It was truly a pleasure to do your event and I look forward to the next one...CONGRATS! I LOVE your rooftop and your sea salt! Always at your service, DJ CherishTheLuv Cynthia Malaran

DJ CherishTheLuv FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 750.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Microphones, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,500.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Sound/PA System, MC, Microphones
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• New York, NY 10009 See on map