Marcus Ho

New York, NY View map Visit website
2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,850 Most Popular Price

Marcus Ho is 16 year veteran of the NYC club scene. His DJ roots date back to the raves and underground clubs of his hometown Seattle in the 1990's (yes, he was underage). Now that Marcus is taking on the Wedding Circuit, he offers couples a Bespoke Collaboration with their DJ to deliver a unique musical experience for themselves and their guests. Combining his Wedding and Nightlife experience, Marcus delivers a Sophisticated Savoire-Faire by seamlessly blending hits from past decades to what's currently in vogue; citing Dance, House, Indie, Pop, Rock, Hip Hop, Funk, Soul, Crossover Reggae and Crossover Latin as some of his favorites. Though his acting career has lead him around the globe, and to the big and small screens, his greatest thrill is to create a packed dance floor full of smiling faces.

Experience

Marcus Ho, the owner and operator, is a DJ as well as an actor for television and film. Originally mentored by a club DJ in his native Seattle, Marcus now has over 15 years of experience in DJing on the NYC club scene.

Wedding services from Marcus Ho begin with a consultation so you can discuss your requirements with him. This DJ is available to play at your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He is willing to travel to and MC at your venue, bringing cordless microphones and multiple sound/PA systems. He can offer services such as a do-not-play list and a one-event-per-day policy, with all events covered by liability insurance.

Mandarin and Cantonese Speaking MC Services available upon request.

• '80s
  • Jazz
  • International

High End Soundsystem

• Two QSC K12.2 Twelve Inch Powered Speakers
  • Two QSC K181 Eighteen Inch Powered Subwoofers (used for larger parties of 200 or more)
  • Two JBL EON 610's for additional sound reinforcement when parties exceed 300
  • Auxilary Battery Powered Speaker for Ceremony
  • Dance Floor Lighting Available Upon Request: Chaucer Gigbar 2
  • 10 Wireless Up-Lights
  • Asian-owned

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,500

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,850

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$300

What music genres do you specialize in?

Club
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day

What additional equipment do you offer?

Disco Ball
Uplighting

• Audrey
    Audrey L. Getting married on 11/06/2022

What are you doing reading this review? Hire Marcus already!

From the first emails, he was incredibly responsive and organized. We didn't meet face to face until the wedding, but Marcus is very personable and easy to work with that I had guests ask me if the DJ was our personal friend because of how at ease we all seemed around each other. I believe there was an issue when they were doing the sound check, but Marcus was prepared with backup equipment and everything went smoothly.

We were already impressed, before he started playing music, but then his music selection knocked it out of the park! He was able to keep everyone on the dance floor for our longer than average dance party, mixing it up with disco, new wave, rap, and top 40s hits. I had multiple (4-5) guests come up to me and tell me they thought he was the best dj they've ever heard.

I'd recommend Marcus without any reservations at all! Thank you for being a part of our special night!

Marcus Ho's reply:

Audrey and Dan!!! Thank you so much for the kind words! What a party! You guys know how to throw one for sure. I had so much fun DJing your Wedding. Such good vibes all around. Wishing you two the best of everything!!! ~Marcus
  • Jessica
    Jessica P. Married on 11/13/2021

Organized, professional, and kept everyone dancing

We were happy with all of our vendors, but Marcus was by far our favorite. From the start, he was incredibly easy to work with and super organized, with absolutely everything we needed to know laid out for us. He also clearly takes the time to prepare a truly personalized music selection: I told him in one of our meetings that I mainly listen to kpop and he said he wasn't too familiar with the genre - yet you never would have guessed it from how he managed to perfectly include some of my favorite songs. He put together a fantastic selection of music that managed to mix crowd pleasers with our favorites and he knew exactly how to add in our favorite songs without turning off people that weren't familiar with them. Marcus was able to keep everyone dancing all night, even people that we know usually don't dance at weddings. I had several guests tell me that our DJ was on point, and the biggest complaint we've heard from our wedding guests was that they were too busy dancing to eat any cake. Marcus was the perfect DJ and we highly, highly recommend him.

Marcus Ho's reply:

Dear Jessica and John,
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback and review. I loved working with you and diving into the Kpop. So much fun.
    Thank you again for including and entrusting me on your very special day.
    Best to you both!!!