Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY 11217 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 22
  • Real Weddings 3

About 74 Events

A wedding DJ in Brooklyn, New York, 74 Events specializes in customizable wedding entertainment. Owned and operated by professional DJ Gary Hoffmann, the company is well-versed in all genres, ranging from the most esoteric psychedelia to the current top 40 tunes. Lifelong fans of music, 74 Events’ impeccable style and unbeatable customer service are the perfect addition to your knot-tying ceremony!

Experience
Gary began his DJ career in the Lower East Side, East Village and Brooklyn in 2001. A self-proclaimed “music-head,” he launched 74 Events in 2004. Proudly handpicking each DJ on the roster, Gary is committed to ensuring your event is nothing short of a success.

Couples who book 74 Events benefit from a variety of wedding entertainment services. Options include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Consultation
  • Liability insurance
  • Sound/PA system
  • Microphones
  • MC services
  • Photo booth

Areas Covered
The 74 Events team proudly offers DJ services to ready-to-wed couples located all over New York City. Services are extended to interested couples throughout New Jersey and the tri-state area.

david cover flow

74 Events 5
74 Events 6
74 Events 7

Dorcas Leung · Married on 03/03/2019

Amazing Wedding DJ- James!!

Gary, the owner, set us up with our DJ- James. He was INCREDIBLE. Got the dance floor moving at all the right times, played a perfect mix of what we wanted. It was very specifically us. From the minute we reached out to 74Events, they assisted us not only with music choices, but also gave great advice on transitions and timeline of our wedding day. James was a great MC, not intrusive or "cheesy". He kept it moving but also gave space for speeches and intimate moments. It was a perfect choice for our perfect day.

Steph · Married on 02/22/2019

The most fun night!

Gary and James Arnold are the best!!

I should start with this little bit of information - I'm English and my husband in American. We wanted a DJ that would appeal to my European family and to all of our friends and family here in the States.

I reached out to 74 Events and heard back within a few hours. Gary had paired us with James - he is English, so we wanted to just go ahead and book. Gary encouraged us to come in and meet with him and James first before committing - so refreshing! One of the other vendors I spoke to was harassing me to sign a contract minutes after I sent a request).

We had two very informative meetings with Gary and James prior to the wedding day which was great.

James was fantastic on the day - the music was perfect, the dance floor was full and we had the night of our lives. Almost all of our guests commented on how much they loved James.

74 Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,850.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40, South Asian
  • What services do you offer? Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Real Weddings

• Stephanie Gatton Events
    Stephanie Gatton Events Wedding Planners

Gary and his army of accomplished DJs from 74 Events are by far the best people I've worked with to spin music for your wedding day! During the planning process, Gary will take excellent care of his couples, and always is prompt with his correspondence! Come wedding day, he selects the absolute best match for your DJ/emcee needs. I've had the pleasure of working with BOTH of his DJs named James - Mulry and Arnold - and felt 100% taken care of by each! Their knowledge of music - both mainstream and obscure (EDM set, anyone?) - runs deep, and they are so smooth with the emcee duties. No one is yelling at you to get on the dance floor here! Do yourself a favor and book them today!

• Campbell Events
    Campbell Events Wedding Planners

Every time we work with Gary, the planning has been a breeze! His DJs helped me keep the night moving and kept the dance floor full! The last wedding that we worked with Rob, the floor was packed all night long. I have started recommending them to all my clients!

• Laura Ryan Photography
    Laura Ryan Photography Wedding Photographers

Amazing Dj I have been working and recommending him for almost 10 years !!

• Brooklyn Brooklyn, New York, 11217 See on map