Los Angeles, CA 90065 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Dart Collective

Dart is a boutique DJ collective based in California and Texas, focusing on unique weddings and special events across the country. From vinyl-only DJ sets to event-specific remixes, Dart strives to surpass the typical DJ experience.

That being said, we are not elitist snobs! Dart tailors each party to the needs of its hosts, working with them to create an atmosphere that reflects their individual taste. Every member of the Dart collective has their own strengths and areas of focus, which allows us to find the best DJ to suit your needs.

At Dart, we are all working DJs and musicians. Music is our passion and we want to share it with you and your guests—whether that means digging through vinyl crates for that one song you have to have, getting your grandma to dance all night, or just taking our job as seriously as your caterer, planner, or rental company.

The Dart DJ collective has shared stages over the past seven years with Phoenix, Missy Elliott, Robyn, Cut Copy, Vampire Weekend, Sleigh Bells, Big Boi, Chromeo, Saint Etienne, The Flaming Lips, Ladytron, Spoon and many other notable artists.

Dart DJ's perform internationally on a regular basis. Notable venues include: Fabric (London), Social Club (Paris), Razzmatazz (Barcelona), Mezzanine (San Francisco), The Wiltern (Los Angeles), Bowery Ballroom (NYC), The Paradiso (Amsterdam), O-Nest (Tokyo) and many other venues.

Follow Dart Collective on

1 User photo

Dart Collective 1

Allison Maydoney · Married on 04/04/2019

The best dance party!

I had the pleasure of Dart dj'ing my wedding a few weeks ago at Millwick in the Arts District. I found them because they are a preferred vendor of the venue, and rightfully so! The music for my wedding was a big deal to me and one of the first things I wanted to nail down, and nail it down right, when I started planning.

I went to Dart's website and one of their mixes was EXACTLY the vibe we were going for, so I reached out to them and they contacted me for a phone call to chat about what our vibe was and what we were looking for in a dj. I love that they do this and not just book anyone and everyone who comes their way and then figure things out later and hope everyone's happy. They really want to make sure they're a good fit for you and you're a good fit for them.

They then sent us over a music map to fill out as well to let them know our music cues/must plays/do not plays/etc. I also love that we were able to give them an idea of the different songs we wanted for pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing so that we were able to convey a different vibe throughout each part of the night.

When initially looking for a dj I had the idea that I wasn't going to want any songs played that I didn't pick specifically myself but our dj, Kyle, managed to throw in some songs I wouldn't have ever picked myself but everyone loved them, like The Twist! Everyone at the wedding had so much fun and Kyle really knew how to read the crowd for what to play next. We got a lot of compliments on both our song choices as well as what he threw in based on that, so everything worked out perfectly.

I would absolutely recommend Dart to anyone looking to have a really fun dance party for whatever their event may be. And! Everyone we interacted with from start to finish in our planning process was so nice and so helpful! :)

Sent on 04/17/2019

cassandra · Married on 03/22/2019

Amazing! Fun! Professional!

Where do I even start !
    I decided to hire Dart Collective for my wedding about a year and a half ago , and since then, the process with them has been a breeze. Jesse reached out to my fiancé (now husband ) and I for an interview to get to know us and our style & our vision for music on our day , which left me with a lot of confidence on my decision to hire them for our wedding. Anytime I had a question or concern D.C was quick to respond and kept me at ease in my crazy wedding planning.
    When the day of our wedding arrived roads were closed and the weather was tricky but Dart Collective had no issues finding their way to us on time and ready to party ! Due to the weather issues we had to change my wedding layout last minute and they were happy to help with any and all changes we had to make.
    This goes without saying that Jordan + Adam really set the vibe for our whole day ! It was everything we wanted from the ceremony down to the last song. Our guests couldn’t help but tell us that the music all day was incredible and we ended the night chanting “ONE MORE SONG ! ONE MORE SONG !”
    Thank you for everything Dart Collective!

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Vanessa

Vanessa Arthur · Married on 10/27/2018

Dart Collective All the Way!!

We found Dart Collective through the Green Wedding Shoes blog. They stood out from the entertainment options in Austin because of the wide range of options they provided -- whether you need a live dance band, smooth jazz, or dope DJs that spin on vinyl records, they have it all!

We felt so lucky that they were expanding to Austin the same year we were planning our wedding (October 2018). Jesse, one of the owners based in California, was so approachable, thoughtful and HUMAN. He was very open to collaboration when we began the process, curious about our personalities and really paid attention to our style / vision for our wedding. All communications were prompt and professional.

Jesse also put us in touch with their General Manager, Santi who is based in Austin. Santi is the best! He always made himself available and even checked out our venue at Garden Grove two months before our big day just to get a sense of layout. We were planning from NY so this meant a lot to have someone get the lay of the land beforehand, which he didn't have to do. Not to mention the venue is outside of Austin proper.

During the actual event, both Santi and Ben Z (second DJ) were great! They set up their DJ equipment in two areas of the venue: 1) for the ceremony and 2) for the reception. Garden Grove is a beautiful, 12-acre venue with tons of setup options for outdoor setting. That meant, Santi and Ben had to get the sound just right for both areas of the space. During the transition period of moving from point A to B, the music was always bumping and our guests were always dancing.

The only thing I would've changed was to have our reception go all night so we could dance forever! A+ quality from beginning to end. Highly recommend and so glad that Austin just got that much richer with a new DJ / band service in town. Thanks Dart Collective for making our event so special.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Dart Collective FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,500.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Liability Insurance