Daylynn Designs

Cape Cod, MA View map

Hi, welcome to Daylynn Designs! My name is Rachel, and I am the founder and creative influence behind the business.

I have a strong sense of fashion and design that I developed personally and professionally through my education and career. I studied Art and Communications at Roanoke College, and found it to be the perfect balance of creative expression and business minded thinking.

My involvement in the events industry began in the summer of 2013, when I helped to make weddings and events happen throughout Cape Cod. I was exposed to many of the most prestigious venues and estates in the region early in my career. After my first season, I knew I loved being a part of special events, and accepted a role in marketing for a seasoned events vendor in Boston. I have been working in both events and styling ever since.

At Daylynn Designs, I am committed to offering elevated style through impeccable design curation, organization and planning – for brands, couples and individuals across New England and select destinations.

• Woman-owned

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Event Design
Full Planning
Timelines

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Destination
Eco-Friendly

How many planners are on your team?

• Grace
    Grace P. Married on 07/31/2021

A Master of her Craft and Much, Much More

I’ve been reflecting on my wedding day and how incredibly interconnected the industry here in New England is. Especially during the Global Pandemic, vendors have felt more connected than ever, with everyone rooting for one another and helping each other out during a time of supply shortages, worker shortages, and over-all chaos. I came across Rachel of Daylynn Designs by pure chance one evening back in August of 2019. At the time, I was traveling for work and feeling incredibly burnt out. I was planning my wedding while on the road and after working all day. I would try to squeeze in planning sessions any time in between and on the weekends when I would come home to recharge, before heading out to my next destination for the week. I had already booked a handful of vendors and purchased my wedding dress, but was feeling overwhelmed by the next steps, which involved a lot more detail and nuance. I was watching the Instagram stories of the makeup artist I had booked, Garineh of Glamour Cosmetics, who was in the process of finishing up her wedding planning for her own wedding in September of 2019. She had come on to talk about one of her vendors dropping out last minute, and how her planner Rachel had handled it like an absolute pro. She went on to describe how calm, collected, and professional Rachel is, and encouraged any brides in the market for a planner to book with Rachel. I was immediately interested; working in the wedding industry you see and work with so many different vendors, and for Gar to put her trust in Rachel for her wedding day, I knew she had to be exceptional. I reached out that night to Rachel and booked her for what was expected to be an August 2020 wedding. Rachel got right down to business and started helping me flesh out the remaining details and finding vendors to suit my needs. Somewhere along the way, she suggested her full-service design package, since I still hadn’t landed on a cohesive theme to center the event around. Rachel sent out a detailed survey for my then-fiancé and me to fill out and produced a beautiful 26-page design dossier filled with dreamy inspiration photos, design ideas and even hand drawn illustrations. We continued to touch base leading up to the spring of 2020, when we found ourselves smack dab in the middle of a Global Pandemic. Rachel was constantly in communication with me, reassuring me as we got closer and closer to the date when we would need to make the decision whether to postpone our wedding or not. Ultimately, we decided to postpone the event. Rachel sprang into action, contacting all our vendors and scoping out their availability for our new date in 2021. I don’t know what I would have done without her – she managed to keep things sane and organized during an absolutely chaotic time. She was kind and accommodating and worked above and beyond what was outlined in our contract to ensure everything was lined up for 2021. When April 2021 came around, restrictions had started to ease and Rachel was right there ready to go. She dove back into planning, maneuvered unexpected changes to state guidelines, and kept me on track to meet all deadlines. Through it all, she was an absolute joy to work with, someone I could hop on the phone with and have genuine conversations with. I knew I could come to her with any questions or concerns, and she would really listen to me and what I wanted. When our wedding day finally came, my husband and I were in complete awe of the beautiful event Rachel had executed. Every last detail was gorgeous and personal. Everything was so thoughtful and cohesive. Additionally, having Rachel there to coordinate with our vendors and ensure the schedule was followed was such a relief. It allowed my husband and I to just relax and enjoy each other’s company, as well as our guests. Even though we both felt as if our wedding day was over in the blink of an eye, it was a joyous day full of love and it would not have been possible without Rachel. If you are looking for a professional and extraordinarily talented planner for your wedding who will go to bat for you and make your dreams come true, look no further. Booking with Rachel was the best decision I made for my wedding, and I am forever grateful to her for being such an integral part of our day.

Daylynn Designs's reply:

Grace, you continue to be so good to me! Thank you, thank you for this stellar review!

Guess what? I was in awe of you and Drew on your wedding day, too! You guys are such an effortless, kind pair, so all of these feelings are mutual!

It was a joy to be by your side while we planned a thoughtful wedding that centered around you and Drew as a couple and put so much thought into your guests. Two years of planning by your side went by in a blink, and I will forever be so grateful for how you handled all our pandemic pivots and kept the human experience at the forefront of it all. In the end, every moment felt meant to be! Congrats for staying true to you, and thanks for bringing me along for the ride - it was an absolute pleasure. Cheers to you and Drew!! Rachel
  • W
    Whitney M. Married on 11/09/2020

Way more than a wedding planner - amazing to work with!

We couldn't have pivoted all our wedding plans and pulled off such a special micro-wedding without Rachel! She was incredible to work with and understood our vision and style right from the start. She was so easy to communicate with and would offer up additional ideas or solutions every step of the way.

Rachel was truly amazing -- she made sure everything ran smoothly, especially the week of our wedding and our wedding day itself. Everything ran without a glitch from rehearsal, set-up, cocktail hour, the ceremony, and all the clean up afterwards -- and we owe it all to Rachel who was behind the scenes making it happen with our vendors. If you're thinking of working with Daylynn Designs, we couldn't recommend her more! A true professional, with a great instinct and sense of style!

Daylynn Designs's reply:

Hey Whitney!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write me a review here. I just uploaded a few highlight photos from your wedding and was reliving it all. Such a beautiful micro-wedding for an even more beautiful couple inside and out.

Happy New Year to you and Matt!

Rachel
    Cassidy L. Married on 06/13/2020

Hire Rachel!!! She is the best

Due to covid we decided to hire a wedding planner 2.5 years into our engagement and postponement when we still didn't know what our wedding day would look like. Hiring Rachel was the best decision we made with wedding planning. She not only tolerated our craziness but she listened, understood, and translated it into a stunning and perfectly organized day. If you are on the fence, she is worth every penny and then some. We priced out something like 12 different planners and were confused by the wide range of quotes. As soon as we spoke to Rachel we knew she was a cut above the rest. Her design skills are unparalleled, her industry knowledge is outstanding, and her calm demeanor is the perfect antidote to stressed covid wedding couples. She even went above and beyond to source, locate and purchase specific flowers that my florist could not find, and when my bouquet came out differently than expected she was able to reconstruct it. This is just a tiny example of the many ways she saved our wedding. On our wedding day when we needed anything she was ten steps ahead of us to make it happen flawlessly. She's honest and direct in giving advice, she's transparent about costs and pricing, she's creative and can translate a poorly articulated, un-artistic idea of mine into a thing of beauty. I want her to design and plan my entire life. Hire Rachel and you will be so so grateful you did.

Cape Cod, MA, 02668
Location of (Daylynn Designs)

Other vendors in Cape Cod for your wedding