6384 Mill Street, Rhinebeck, NY 12572 Map · Phone number

About Calico Restaurant & Patisserie

We are a small artisan shop that will custom make,from scratch, a wedding cake to suit your personal style and tastes. We have been in business since 1994.

DSC02938
Scroll design done in chocolate ganche
Scroll design done in chocolate ganche
Crystalized edible fruits on a hexagonal shape cake
Crystalized edible fruits on a hexagonal shape cake
Curling willow branches with fresh orchids
Curling willow branches with fresh orchids
Traditional swiss dot with fresh flowers supplied by Floral Fantasies by Sara, Rhinebeck New York
Winter wedding cake with Edible Sugar Snowflakes
Winter wedding cake with Edible Sugar Snowflakes
Funky cake with topsy turvey look.
Funky cake with topsy turvey look.
Edible organic flowers and edible pearls adorn this wedding cake.
Edible organic flowers and edible pearls adorn this wedding cake.
DSC02938

20 Reviews for Calico Restaurant & Patisserie

Amanda · Married on 10/23/2016

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect cake! Leslie took my wild and crazy ideas and brought them to life. When cake tasting, it was so hard to pick a flavor because all her cakes are absolutely amazing. I would recommend anyone to her for any type of cake or pastry for any event, from birthday party all the way to weddings.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Lyn · Married on 10/15/2016

Our wedding cake was amazing! From start to finish, Chef Leslie was kind, welcoming, and helpful, and made our cake a major hit of our wedding day!

We got married in Rhinebeck and our wedding planner recommended Calico. After reading some reviews and looking at some pictures, we went for a tasting with Chef Leslie. She is thorough and asks the right questions to guide your style choices. She is also honest and realistic about what can and can't be accomplished, and helped me figure out what I wanted as far as design. I ultimately sent her a few pictures and asked her to kind of mix them together, and the end result was fantastic.

Calico offers a gluten free cake option, which was a major bonus as some of my bridesmaids and guests are gluten free. It happens to be hazelnut, which is a favorite flavor for my husband and me. So the choice was not terribly difficult. And, people raved about the cake. We are still eating some leftovers - and it is still moist a week later!

Leslie also offers clients the option of freezing their top layer or baking a fresh top layer (any flavor) on their 1 year anniversary. So we will be back at Calico in a year (if not before)!

On a personal note, Leslie is also just kind and excited for her brides. Every time I called her or stopped in she checked in with me on the planning and asked me if I was excited. Especially in the last couple weeks, when everything gets crazy and you can get bogged down in the business of the wedding, this was lovely to hear from a vendor.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Danielle Rybak · Married on 10/01/2016

Calico is the absolute BEST, hands down. Leslie is a baking genius and you will not be disappointed. It is an extremely charming atmosphere and you will feel like you have known Leslie and her husband a lifetime. I used Calico for my bridal shower cake, wedding cake, rehearsal dinner cake and baked goods for wedding. I am officially hooked and every single person at my events has been ranting and raving about how amazing the cakes and desserts were. I will travel hours to get these goodies if I need to because they are worth every single penny! Leslie is extremely reasonable cost wise and helps you see your vision through. She has delicious flavors, our fave being the raspberry filling-- AMAZING. These cakes and goodies are extremely fresh, moist and flavorful. Every holiday and birthday now must have a Calico cake! You will not be disappointed and a Calico cake is an absolute must for your event!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Award

Calico Restaurant & Patisserie FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake, Top Tier of the Cake
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Set Up, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Croquembouche, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Nut Free