Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers

Accord, New York View map

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers is an Accord-based wedding cake bakery serving the Hudson Valley and surrounding areas. They also make cupcakes, desserts, pastries and cookies that are created just for your special celebration. From imported chocolates to fresh seasonal fruits, they use high-quality ingredients. Gluten free, vegan and dairy free are a few of their specialities for those with dietary restrictions. Maxine’s cakes will not only look beautiful, but taste amazing, too.

Experience

Maxine is the owner of the company. For more than 25 years, she has served couples throughout the Hudson Valley.

The bakery is devoted to offering personalized attention to detail. They provide private tastings, custom designs, consultations, delivery and setup. Couples may choose from:

• Cakes
  • Cookies
  • Cupcakes
  • Dessert buffet
  • Groom's cake
  • Pastries

Other Services

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers can make vegan, nut-free, lactose-free and gluten-free desserts. Examples of their cake flavors, fillings and icings include:

• Honey rosemary cake
  • Buttercream
  • Fondant
  • Woman-owned

$7

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$8

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Top Tier of the Cake

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$4

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit
Local
Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Stacey
    Stacey M. Married on 08/28/2021

Delicious wedding cake!

Our wedding cake was perfect! We had so many compliments from our guests- I don’t ever recall having such a delicious wedding cake! Vanilla lavender cake with lemon curd and raspberry filling with thin layer of buttercream- yum!!! Thank you Maxine!!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

You are so welcome! Thank you for all the kind words. I am so glad you and your guest enjoyed the cake!!
  • Pamela
    Pamela W. Married on 08/21/2021

Still getting compliments about this cake!

Two weeks later, I am still getting compliments about my wedding cake! It was so good! I loved working with Maxine. COVID makes so many parts of wedding planning difficult, but Maxine made the cake process easy. She has a number of creative flavor options that are right up my alley. I picked up two tasting halves - a raspberry chocolate ganache and lemon lavender cake with butter cream icing - about 3 or 4 months before the wedding. I went with the lemon lavender cake. It was beautiful and delicious. Relatives lined up for a slice! I even saw friends eating cake the next morning for breakfast! (I certainly had a slice each day the following week with my coffee - haha!) Maxine was kind, professional, and a delight to work with!
  • Kelly
    Kelly W. Married on 08/14/2021

Maxine is amazing!

Maxine baked us the most delicious wedding cake in the world for our August 2021 wedding. We wanted a unique and delicious flavor for our cake, and she definitely delivered with an absolutely incredible lemon-lavender cake with lemon curd filling. All the guests at our wedding were absolutely raving about the cake all night. Maxine was so thoughtful throughout the entire process, from our first cake tasting, to checking in regularly throughout the wedding process to the day of our wedding, when she decorated our cake so beautifully with flowers from our florist. Maxine was an absolute delight to work with, and we're so grateful her beautiful cake was part of our special day!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Real Weddings

• Domiana & Joe
    77 photos · 11/03/2018

North & Grace Design North & Grace Design Wedding Planners

Knowin Maxine for some time now, she's proven to be not only lovely to work with, but amazing at what he does. I was excited to work a wedding recently where she made a gorgeous, rustic cake for the guests. Not only did it fit the theme perfectly, it tasted even better. I fought myself to not go up for seconds, and thirds. It was fresh, an the berry center was delicious! Maxine is great to work with, very professional, excellent communication, and I can't wait to work together again!

Green Cottage Green Cottage Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure of partnering with Maxine on many events...she is a consummate professional, always turning out delicious, beautiful cakes and sweets as pleasing to the eye as to the palate. Maxine is reliable, flexible and innovative...she has never disappointed any of my clients. I recommend her highly.

Plattekill Mountain Plattekill Mountain Barn & Farm Weddings

Ah, what can we say about Maxine's Bittersweet Bakers? Well it's anything but bittersweet! Their cakes are amazing works of art as well as being perfectly sweet, moist and delicious! Our couples are delighted with the service and true craftsmanship of Maxine's and we're happy to recommend them for their cakes/cupcakes and desserts! An area gem.

1258 Rock Hill Rd Accord, New York, 12404
845 626 2762
845-532-6212
Location of (Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers)

Other vendors in Westchester for your wedding