469 Plattekill Rd, Roxbury, NY 12474 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 50 to 150
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Plattekill Mountain

Looking to get married in a rustic Catskill Mountain venue? Then look no further—Plattekill Mountain has it all. Just imagine the unique experience of riding a chairlift to say "I do" high upon a mountain, overlooking picturesque views of the Catskill Mountains as far as the eye can see. Then ride the lift back down and greet your guests for a cocktail hour on our stunning wrap-around deck, (complete with deck heaters and two fire pits), followed by dinner in our cozy, rustic lodge among up to 150 of your favorite people.

Plattekill Mountain is anything but your typical banquet hall setting. Our remote location provides a secluded, private atmosphere with a comfortable indoor-outdoor setting and exclusive use of the property for the week leading up to your wedding for deliveries and decorating. During the warmer months, we offer an air conditioned reception area and an outdoor pergola perfect for cocktail service. And for those chilly fall nights later in the season, multiple fire pits and fireplaces inside and out add that special touch while keeping you warm!

We offer bar options from BYOB to open bar, and custom-built catering packages with a range of selections to suit your needs. Check out our website, www.catskillmountainwedding.com for a complete list of all of the extras bundled into the venue price—personalized service you won't find anywhere else.

Follow Plattekill Mountain on

Plattekill Mountain 7
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Mountaintop Wedding!

We are so happy to have chosen Plattekill as our wedding venue! We had complete flexibility when it came to decor, menu, and timing of everything so could make our day everything we hoped it would be. Even though it was a quite cold and wet day, we were set on the mountain-top ceremony and Christy and her Plattekill team were absolute troopers getting everything set up and guests up the mountain! They even surprised us with hot apple cider, which everyone absolutely loved! Overall the experience was completely unique and something our guests will not soon forget. Thank you to the Plattekill team for helping to make our wedding day spectacular!

Sent on 03/20/2019
    Plattekill Mountain 8
    Plattekill Mountain 9
    Plattekill Mountain 10
    Plattekill Mountain 11

Lindsey · Married on 09/29/2018

This will be the best decision you ever make (besides marrying your fiance)!

I will never forget the day my husband and I visited Plattekill Mountain for the first time. It was late January and we were anticipating a late summer wedding. Before we entered the lodge, my husband and I did our best to “melt the snow away” so we could envision what our wedding might look like in September. It wasn’t until we met Christy (our wedding coordinator) that we understood the essence of Plattekill and what it prides itself on. Yes, the venue itself is 100% perfection. No one can argue that. Seriously, it will take your breath away. Trust me. However, what really convinced us that Plattekill was where we should have our wedding, was the warmth that emitted from the entire staff. You walked into the lodge and it felt like you were at a family reunion. Christy went out of her way to not only answer any questions we had, but was 100% committed to making our wedding the best day of our lives. She surpassed all of our expectations! In case you’re wondering, yes...wedding planning is a much more rewarding experience when you can plan it with your “bestie”. It was a no brainer for my husband and I to choose Plattekill for our wedding venue. That feeling when you realized your partner was “the one” is exactly what we felt after leaving our first Plattekill tour. In fact, Plattekill was the only venue we visited because we knew it was “the one”.

Our wedding went on without a hitch. I honestly could write a novel with all of the positive experiences we had from Plattekill. We had a few people (myself included) who had food allergies and Marilyn and the kitchen crew went out of their way to ensure that nothing was mixed or cross-contaminated; which gave me peace of mind. Marilyn even triple checked the allergy list by introducing herself to those guests and specifically handled their food so they could feel at ease. One of our guests came up to me and told me how much more she enjoyed our wedding because she knew exactly what was safe to eat without having to worry. Thank you Plattekill for being so thoughtful! If you’re not sure if you should bring in your own catering or use Plattekill’s, let me be the first to tell you that Plattekill’s food was hands down the best we have ever had!!! Big thanks to our chefs, Dale and Christy (different Christy hahaa)! Also would love to thank our bartenders, Jill and Dennis, for taking such good care of everyone at the wedding! They even went through all of their glassware and asked my husband and I which style we’d prefer for each drink offered. Now that’s what I call thorough!

The chairlift experience was magical. Although we got married at Plattekill, I had never been skiing or snowboarding. We chose a mountain venue because we’re avid hikers/outdoorsy. That was such an incredible experience and I’m so glad our friends and family got to witness that as well. For those who were afraid of heights or weren’t wanting to use the chair lift, Plattekill provided a way to the top for those people. They really do think of everything! Our chairlift operators were a hoot and definitely gave off a great energy and vibe for the wedding! Thanks to Danielle, Adam, Forrest, Mark and Kevin for providing great service during the chairlift prep but also transforming the lodge to be picture perfect for our reception!

The best part about “Platty” (besides their impeccable customer service) is the ability to have a “do-it-yourself” wedding. Whether it be BYO alcohol package, your own catering service, decor, etc., you have the freedom to transform their lodge to fit the vision of your wedding. My husband and I couldn’t recommend Plattekill enough. We relive that day as much as we can and encourage others who are considering Plattekill for their wedding venue, to put their trust in the staff. They are so generous with their time, energy and creativity. Thank you Bob (owner) for creating such a positive environment for all. Looking forward to visiting again soon!

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Plattekill Mountain 12
    Plattekill Mountain 13
    Plattekill Mountain 14
    Plattekill Mountain 15
    Plattekill Mountain 16
    Plattekill Mountain 17

Ryan · Married on 09/24/2016

If you want the most amazing wedding you could ever possibly imagine, then have it at Plattekill Mountain! This place is literally perfect, from the breathtaking views, to the food and wonderful staff, I cannot recommend Plattekill highly enough. Susan and the staff are attentive, responsive, professional and incredibly fun people! They made sure every detail and request was met so that our big day went off without a hitch. My wife and I were married here on September 24th 2016, and the view from the top of the mountain where the ceremony took place was unbelievable, as was the view for cocktail hour out on the deck. From the scheduling and logistics, to making sure that we had a drink in our hands and had enough to eat, Susan and Bob were incredible in making sure everything went perfectly. The food and beer selection was incredible, as well! My wife and I love craft beer, and Susan ordered a plethora of amazing local craft brews that our guests loved. Besides the tremendous value, the wonderfully unique experience of being married on top of a mountain, and the great food and drinks, the staff here is what makes this place so special. To Susan, Bob, Dennis, Laszlo and Danielle, we can never thank you enough for truly making our wedding the best day of our lives! You all are generous, kind, and FUN souls and we can't wait to come back and see you all this winter when we come up to hit the slopes!

Ryan & Lauren

Sent on 10/24/2016

Plattekill Mountain Pricing

Plattekill Mountain Price Rates

Plattekill Mountain FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 8,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 7,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 7,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 40.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 150
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 50
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Barn, Historic Building, Resort
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

• Blue Avenue Groove
    Blue Avenue Groove Wedding Bands

This is a great venue. I played here a while back but it still remains as my favorite venue in the Catskills!

• Amber J Photography
    Amber J Photography Wedding Photographers

Plattekill is a beautiful slice of upstate NY. It's scenic surroundings give way to it's cozy atmosphere. It's a perfect place for couples who want a great view and great service. We have photographed there many times and every time the views capture my photographer heart!

• Photo Booth by Catskill Images
    Photo Booth by Catskill Images Photo Booths

What a view from the top of the mountain!! If you want to have a casual mountain wedding, this is the perfect place. They work hard to make each event special.

• 469 Plattekill Rd Roxbury, NY, 12474 See on map
    6073263500 (116) (Phone number)