Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Reviews

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 4
Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 5
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2019

The most incredible (and incredibly delicious) wedding cake!

We weren’t sure if we wanted a wedding cake, but that was before we had Max’s cake. Max designed the most perfect three-tier beauty for us, and it was one of my favorite parts of our wedding.

If you like cake, you will love Max’s cakes. If you don’t like cake, you will love Max’s cakes. I hadn’t seen my husband eat an entire piece of cake in the six years of our relationship, and he had three pieces at our cake tasting. That’s how good her cakes are. Our guests agreed, and several people told us they were embarrassed but they had multiple pieces of cake because it was just that good.

Not only were the flavors delicious (vanilla cake, blackberry preserves and custard filling, brown sugar buttercream icing, yum!), but the cake itself was beautiful. The tiers had different textures to keep it interesting, and Max expertly designed the flower arrangement that cascades so perfectly down the side. It was exactly what I imagined. If you want a delicious and showstopping cake all in one, hire Max!!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 6
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 7
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 8
    Sent on 11/24/2019

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thanks you so much, Sam and Shaun, for all your praise.
    It was my pleasure being part of your special day! All the best..always❤️
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding Cake

Absolutely wonderful! Maxine was so easy to work with. She listened to what you wanted and made sure she met your expectations. She was on time, ready to go, and the almond cake with a chocolate ganache and butter cream frosting was delicious. She gave us peace of mind. She is dependent and reliable. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you so much for all your praise. I'm so glad that I was able to meet all your expectations and give you peace of mind. I know how stressful wedding planning is and I'm happy to hear that you didn't worry about the cake!!
    All the best to you both!

jennifer · Married on 09/21/2019

I love Maxine!

Maxine is wonderful! She's a total professional and incredibly easy to work with. She bakes a truly delicious cake, and it's beautiful, too. She made everything seamless ... and she's also fun.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Natalia Moore · Married on 09/07/2019

Wedding Cake-Amazing!

Maxine was such a pleasure to work with! She provided us with our wedding cake which was simple and beautiful, exactly what we wanted! The cake was absolutely delicious! We went with a rosemary cake with vanilla buttercream, with a raspberry filing! It was so good, our guest loved the unique flavor!

I cannot wait for our first anniversary so we can break that baby out and relive the delicious taste! I would highly recommend Maxine for any and all baking needs!

Bruce and Natalia Moore

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 9
    Sent on 09/13/2019

Thanks, Natalia for the glowing review. I'm so happy I was able to
    make your wedding cake exactly how you wanted it. You chose my most popular cake so far this season!
    Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day!
    All the best to you both!
  • Liz

Liz Dunn · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful cake

Maxine made a beautiful, delicious cake for our wedding. She was very responsive throughout the process and helped us select the best option for us. The cake was delicious and just what we wanted. I would highly recommend Maxine's Bittersweet.

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 10
    Sent on 09/12/2019

Thank you Liz.
    I'm so glad you were happy with the cake.
    Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Edlyn Wang · Married on 08/17/2019

Hire Maxine to make your cake!

Maxine was so great to work with and made such a beautiful cake for us! She is very thorough and made sure to get every little detail we wanted. We are saved a piece for our one year anniversary, can’t wait to eat it again!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline Dunn-Rankin · Married on 06/29/2019

Delicious cake from a wonderful baker!

Maxine made us two beautiful and delicious cakes for a wedding, and was a joy to work with. She was responsive and flexible, as well as just pleasant to chat with while we did our tasting. Lots of great flavor options to choose from, and she helped us come up with a design we loved!

Sent on 09/14/2019

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank your Caroline! I'm so glad the your cake planning experience
    was so positive! And that you and your guests enjoyed the cake.
    It was a pleasure working with you. Thanks for letting me be
    a part of your special day!!
    All the best!
  • Kaela

Kaela Kennedy · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Wedding Cake!

Maxine was so awesome to work with and on top of that she makes delicious cake. We opted for a smaller cutting cake and lots of cupcakes to give up guests more options. The cake was STUNNING and delicious. Exactly what we had envisioned. Thank you Maxine for giving us one less thing to worry about on our big day.

Xo
    Kaela

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 11
    Sent on 07/29/2019

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with the cake and the cupcakes.
    Thanks for your kind words.
    You were a pleasure to work with and we never even met!

Maggie · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious!

Maxine was a delight to work with and her cakes are delicious!! Highly recommend for anyone getting married in the area!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Rachel Pearl · Married on 05/18/2019

The best experience!

Our cake was SO INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS! Maxine was such a joy to work with- she offers the most amazing and interesting flavors to choose from, and at our tasting we had a hard time deciding which combo was better! We ended up choosing an Almond Cake with Hazelnut Ganache that had our guests talking all night. Maxine graciously created this 3 tier masterpiece as a base for sugared flowers that a dear family friend made and placed on the cake after it was delivered to our venue. Her flexibility and willingness to add this personal touch to our wedding cake was deeply appreciated, and the result was a gorgeous collaboration that we are couldn't be happier with. She even made us a separate small cake to freeze for our anniversary so that we wouldn't have to worry about setting our top tier aside! Thank you, Maxine!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 12
    Sent on 07/26/2019

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you, Rachel, for your incredibly kind words. They are most appreciated. It was a pleasure working with you both!!
  • Regina

Regina · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Gluten Free Wedding Cake

We loved our Wedding Cake! Maxine created a cake for us that was beautiful and delicious. She was very responsive to our questions and very flexible with delivery. Pricing is also very reasonable. We sent her a photo of exactly what we were looking for and she made the cake perfectly. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a good quality wedding cake.

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 13
    Sent on 05/06/2019

Ana B · Married on 12/26/2018

Amazing cake!

Maxine was wonderful in every detail about our cake. She responded our emails within minutes. The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Everyone loved it! The cake exceeded our expectations. Delivery was on time! We will definitely be ordering cakes again from Maxine! Thank you again for making our day special!
    Ana and Dan

Sent on 12/28/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you Ana for your kind words. I'm so happy that the cake met your expectations. I look forward to making cakes for you in the future!

Domiana DeFelice · Married on 11/03/2018

Cupcake heaven

We ordered 12 dozen cupcakes for our wedding on 11/3. Maxine was incredibly professional, helpful, and responsive. Not only that, but the cupcakes were both beautiful and marvelously delicious. All of our guests kept asking where the cupcakes were from... they were a hit!! We ordered the lemon lavender, honey rosemary, chocolate peanut butter, and marble - every single one was perfect. Highly recommend Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers for a high-quality cake that will have your guests talking! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you, Domiana, for all you wrote. I so appreciate your kind words. I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed the cupcakes.
    All the best to you!

Sarah · Married on 10/27/2018

Maxine is the best!

We ordered mini apple crisp and pumpkin pies in addition to a small ceremonial cake for our wedding on October 27. Maxine was so helpful and responsive to all of my inquiries about the types and quantities of pies (even allowing for just a handful of them to be gluten free) as well as sending pictures back and forth to make sure the cake looked exactly how we hoped it would. Everything was delicious and looked perfect! Would highly recommend Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers to anyone looking for delicious mini fall pies and cake!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Better than hoped for!

Firstly, I didn’t want a cake. I can’t stand those dry white cakes with overly sweet raspberry filling I’ve so often had at weddings! So when we found Maxine we had the choice to design 2 cakes we wanted to sample. I chose carrot cake and (even though it wasn’t on her list) asked Maxine if she could do an autumn spice cake. Wouldn’t you know it, she made up the recipe for me! So that’s how this pie-lover ended up with a wedding cake.

In the end we got a 3-tier autumn spice cake with apple compote that looked like birch bark. It was delivered on time, looked great & tasted even better.

Taste: Superb. Great texture, perfect cake to cream/frosting ratio. All my guests raved about it & no one left any behind!

Appearance: amazingly realistic! Guests were leaning in trying to determine whether it was real birch bark or just artistry!

Result: Wonderful! I will recommend Maxine & her cake skills to anyone that needs them...if you want quality & artistry & many satisfied guests!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Nicholas Marinaro · Married on 10/20/2018

Maxine was the ideal wedding cake vendor!

Working with Maxine was effortless and fun, in the middle of what can be a stressful process. She was super responsive to our ideas and knew exactly how to translate them to our dream wedding cake. She was also just generally really pleasant and easy-going to be around, and our cake tasting was one of our favorite days in wedding planning. She coordinated everything with our venue seamlessly. Most importantly: the cake tasted FABULOUS and everyone raved about it for weeks! We're so grateful to her and can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thanks, Nicholas. Both of you were a pleasure to work with. I was so happy to be a part of the planning and the executing of your cake.
  • Sophie

Sophie · Married on 10/13/2018

Maxine is amazing!

Our experience with Maxine was wonderful. We don't live in the area, but Maxine helped us create our dream wedding cake regardless. She was responsive and setting up our cake tasting was a breeze. We loved every flavor we tried. The best part is, she creates the most DELICIOUS vegan cakes! My non-vegan guests were surprised to learn that such a tasty cake was vegan! We didn't even have any cake leftover!

Maxine was also very helpful. She was accommodating, despite our last minute change to the icing flavor. She also picked up flowers from our florist to have decorated on the cake!

I definitely recommend Maxine's Bittersweet Bakery!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 14
    Sent on 10/26/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it.
    I'm so glad your guests enjoyed a vegan wedding cake too!!!

Laura · Married on 09/22/2018

Maxine created a gorgeous cake for our wedding! It was exactly what we had envisioned - both minimal yet stunningly elegant. All of our guests kept raving about how delicious it was. We were so happy that we could find a baker to create a lemon poppyseed cake - our favorite flavor! On the day of the wedding she arrived and spent time adding all the final floral touches in coordination with our florist. She was great to work with, and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you so much, Laura, for the kind words. I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake!

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Where to start but with Maxine’s unbelievably awesome cakes! She made the PERFECT cake for my husband and I’s wedding that was a real show stopper. She genuinely loves what she does and you can taste it in the masterpieces she creates. The lemon poppyseed and Rosemary honey with that sweet blackberry jam intertwined with her famous Italian buttercream was to die for. Thank you so much Maxine for letting your passion for baking be showcased on such an important love filled day for our wedding. You were truly amazing to work with!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 15
    Sent on 09/04/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you Jessica and Patrick for all your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both! All the best to you.

Jackie · Married on 08/04/2018

Had a wonderful experience getting my wedding cake made by Maxine! She offered many different varieties for me to sample. Had great correspondence throughout the entire process, sending pictures back and forth. She had worked with my venue multiple times I didn't have to worry about delivery and anything on the day of. Highly recommended!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 16
    Sent on 10/03/2018

sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

Maxine was a joy to work with and made us the wedding cake of our dreams! We went with coconut with blackberry preserve and buttercream frosting, it was absolutely delicious and such a hit with our guests. My husband and I couldn't wait and we already had our cake topper too!
    I highly recommend Maxine to anyone looking for a delicious cake!

Sent on 07/20/2018
  • Y

Yetta · Married on 06/30/2018

It was an absolute joy to work with Maxine. She is thoughtful, patient and her work is excellent. She was not only respectful of our dietary needs but came up with amazing ideas that integrated excellent taste with our design ideas that she then perfectly executed. When it came time to cut the cake at our wedding we were beyond pleased and so appreciative. We recommend her highly!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Maxine was absolutely fantastic to work with and her cakes are both beautiful and delicious. Our guests loved the almond cake with strawberry filling. It was moist and tasted great. We’d highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Ariana · Married on 06/10/2018

I don't even know where to begin. From the moment we had our first consultation, to the cake tasting, to the service, to the actual final product. Maxine was the best. My husband and I had the our wedding at Fullmoon Resort in Big Indian. Our venue was perfect...and they offered a fully catered menu. However, my husband and I were not to pleased with our cake options at the venue. So we looked around for local bakers. Thank goodness I found Maxine Catering. Maxine was wonderful to work with. She accommodated us when Full Moon wouldn't store the cake in their kitchen... we did make it work... but she went up and beyond to deliver that cake to us. The Aesthetic of the cake was semi frosted... giving it a very rustic look! IT WAS AWESOME!

Now. the Cake. We chose a LEMON POPPY cake which was perfect for the summer. The cake was moist, light, and fresh. Some of My guests told me after they snuck and got more then one piece of cake.

Afterwards we were left with a good amount of cake, and my husband and I ate it till it was gone. Next Summer we will get the same cake for our anniversary. No need to Freeze OLD CAKE! Im looking forward when we order our anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/16/2018

ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

Ooo! Our wedding cake from Maxine’s was so charming and delicious. We found her name on our venue’s vendor list. Frankly, we were not sure if we had enough money for a cake from her but some pleasant and unexpected budget shifts happened and we were able to order a cake for our wedding (6/9/18). We have no regrets about our decision, especially after searching for other bakeries. Her craftsmanship is refined and the icing and cake textures were perfection. My husband and I decided upon an older Martha Stewart cake design: a buttery yellow frosted cake base with piped festoons along the edges in a paler tonal yellow (we are not fans of the naked cake trend.) We scheduled a tasting and consultation and left knowing that Maxine would do a beautiful job and it was one more thing we could check off of our list! We couldn’t have been happier with the results. Her delivery rate is also very reasonable and she came right on time. The three tiers of lemon poppyseed cake with blackberry jam and airy buttercream were thoroughly enjoyed by us and our guests… We forgot to save ourselves a slice but maybe we’ll just have to get ourselves an anniversary cake in the future. Thank you Maxine!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 17