Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Reviews

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 6
Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 7

Kaela Kennedy · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Wedding Cake!

Maxine was so awesome to work with and on top of that she makes delicious cake. We opted for a smaller cutting cake and lots of cupcakes to give up guests more options. The cake was STUNNING and delicious. Exactly what we had envisioned. Thank you Maxine for giving us one less thing to worry about on our big day.

Xo
    Kaela

Sent on 07/29/2019
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 9

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

I'm so glad you were happy with the cake and the cupcakes.
    Thanks for your kind words.
    You were a pleasure to work with and we never even met!

Maggie · Married on 06/15/2019

Delicious!

Maxine was a delight to work with and her cakes are delicious!! Highly recommend for anyone getting married in the area!

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Regina

Regina · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful Gluten Free Wedding Cake

We loved our Wedding Cake! Maxine created a cake for us that was beautiful and delicious. She was very responsive to our questions and very flexible with delivery. Pricing is also very reasonable. We sent her a photo of exactly what we were looking for and she made the cake perfectly. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a good quality wedding cake.

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 10

Ana B · Married on 12/26/2018

Amazing cake!

Maxine was wonderful in every detail about our cake. She responded our emails within minutes. The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Everyone loved it! The cake exceeded our expectations. Delivery was on time! We will definitely be ordering cakes again from Maxine! Thank you again for making our day special!
    Ana and Dan

Sent on 12/28/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you Ana for your kind words. I'm so happy that the cake met your expectations. I look forward to making cakes for you in the future!

Domiana DeFelice · Married on 11/03/2018

Cupcake heaven

We ordered 12 dozen cupcakes for our wedding on 11/3. Maxine was incredibly professional, helpful, and responsive. Not only that, but the cupcakes were both beautiful and marvelously delicious. All of our guests kept asking where the cupcakes were from... they were a hit!! We ordered the lemon lavender, honey rosemary, chocolate peanut butter, and marble - every single one was perfect. Highly recommend Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers for a high-quality cake that will have your guests talking! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you, Domiana, for all you wrote. I so appreciate your kind words. I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed the cupcakes.
    All the best to you!

Sarah · Married on 10/27/2018

Maxine is the best!

We ordered mini apple crisp and pumpkin pies in addition to a small ceremonial cake for our wedding on October 27. Maxine was so helpful and responsive to all of my inquiries about the types and quantities of pies (even allowing for just a handful of them to be gluten free) as well as sending pictures back and forth to make sure the cake looked exactly how we hoped it would. Everything was delicious and looked perfect! Would highly recommend Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers to anyone looking for delicious mini fall pies and cake!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Better than hoped for!

Firstly, I didn’t want a cake. I can’t stand those dry white cakes with overly sweet raspberry filling I’ve so often had at weddings! So when we found Maxine we had the choice to design 2 cakes we wanted to sample. I chose carrot cake and (even though it wasn’t on her list) asked Maxine if she could do an autumn spice cake. Wouldn’t you know it, she made up the recipe for me! So that’s how this pie-lover ended up with a wedding cake.

In the end we got a 3-tier autumn spice cake with apple compote that looked like birch bark. It was delivered on time, looked great & tasted even better.

Taste: Superb. Great texture, perfect cake to cream/frosting ratio. All my guests raved about it & no one left any behind!

Appearance: amazingly realistic! Guests were leaning in trying to determine whether it was real birch bark or just artistry!

Result: Wonderful! I will recommend Maxine & her cake skills to anyone that needs them...if you want quality & artistry & many satisfied guests!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Nicholas Marinaro · Married on 10/20/2018

Maxine was the ideal wedding cake vendor!

Working with Maxine was effortless and fun, in the middle of what can be a stressful process. She was super responsive to our ideas and knew exactly how to translate them to our dream wedding cake. She was also just generally really pleasant and easy-going to be around, and our cake tasting was one of our favorite days in wedding planning. She coordinated everything with our venue seamlessly. Most importantly: the cake tasted FABULOUS and everyone raved about it for weeks! We're so grateful to her and can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thanks, Nicholas. Both of you were a pleasure to work with. I was so happy to be a part of the planning and the executing of your cake.
  • Sophie

Sophie · Married on 10/13/2018

Maxine is amazing!

Our experience with Maxine was wonderful. We don't live in the area, but Maxine helped us create our dream wedding cake regardless. She was responsive and setting up our cake tasting was a breeze. We loved every flavor we tried. The best part is, she creates the most DELICIOUS vegan cakes! My non-vegan guests were surprised to learn that such a tasty cake was vegan! We didn't even have any cake leftover!

Maxine was also very helpful. She was accommodating, despite our last minute change to the icing flavor. She also picked up flowers from our florist to have decorated on the cake!

I definitely recommend Maxine's Bittersweet Bakery!

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 11

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it.
    I'm so glad your guests enjoyed a vegan wedding cake too!!!

Laura · Married on 09/22/2018

Maxine created a gorgeous cake for our wedding! It was exactly what we had envisioned - both minimal yet stunningly elegant. All of our guests kept raving about how delicious it was. We were so happy that we could find a baker to create a lemon poppyseed cake - our favorite flavor! On the day of the wedding she arrived and spent time adding all the final floral touches in coordination with our florist. She was great to work with, and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you so much, Laura, for the kind words. I'm glad you and your guests enjoyed the cake!

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Where to start but with Maxine’s unbelievably awesome cakes! She made the PERFECT cake for my husband and I’s wedding that was a real show stopper. She genuinely loves what she does and you can taste it in the masterpieces she creates. The lemon poppyseed and Rosemary honey with that sweet blackberry jam intertwined with her famous Italian buttercream was to die for. Thank you so much Maxine for letting your passion for baking be showcased on such an important love filled day for our wedding. You were truly amazing to work with!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 12

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you Jessica and Patrick for all your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both! All the best to you.

Jackie · Married on 08/04/2018

Had a wonderful experience getting my wedding cake made by Maxine! She offered many different varieties for me to sample. Had great correspondence throughout the entire process, sending pictures back and forth. She had worked with my venue multiple times I didn't have to worry about delivery and anything on the day of. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 13

sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

Maxine was a joy to work with and made us the wedding cake of our dreams! We went with coconut with blackberry preserve and buttercream frosting, it was absolutely delicious and such a hit with our guests. My husband and I couldn't wait and we already had our cake topper too!
    I highly recommend Maxine to anyone looking for a delicious cake!

Sent on 07/20/2018
  • Y

Yetta · Married on 06/30/2018

It was an absolute joy to work with Maxine. She is thoughtful, patient and her work is excellent. She was not only respectful of our dietary needs but came up with amazing ideas that integrated excellent taste with our design ideas that she then perfectly executed. When it came time to cut the cake at our wedding we were beyond pleased and so appreciative. We recommend her highly!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Maxine was absolutely fantastic to work with and her cakes are both beautiful and delicious. Our guests loved the almond cake with strawberry filling. It was moist and tasted great. We’d highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Ariana · Married on 06/10/2018

I don't even know where to begin. From the moment we had our first consultation, to the cake tasting, to the service, to the actual final product. Maxine was the best. My husband and I had the our wedding at Fullmoon Resort in Big Indian. Our venue was perfect...and they offered a fully catered menu. However, my husband and I were not to pleased with our cake options at the venue. So we looked around for local bakers. Thank goodness I found Maxine Catering. Maxine was wonderful to work with. She accommodated us when Full Moon wouldn't store the cake in their kitchen... we did make it work... but she went up and beyond to deliver that cake to us. The Aesthetic of the cake was semi frosted... giving it a very rustic look! IT WAS AWESOME!

Now. the Cake. We chose a LEMON POPPY cake which was perfect for the summer. The cake was moist, light, and fresh. Some of My guests told me after they snuck and got more then one piece of cake.

Afterwards we were left with a good amount of cake, and my husband and I ate it till it was gone. Next Summer we will get the same cake for our anniversary. No need to Freeze OLD CAKE! Im looking forward when we order our anniversary cake!

Sent on 07/16/2018

ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

Ooo! Our wedding cake from Maxine’s was so charming and delicious. We found her name on our venue’s vendor list. Frankly, we were not sure if we had enough money for a cake from her but some pleasant and unexpected budget shifts happened and we were able to order a cake for our wedding (6/9/18). We have no regrets about our decision, especially after searching for other bakeries. Her craftsmanship is refined and the icing and cake textures were perfection. My husband and I decided upon an older Martha Stewart cake design: a buttery yellow frosted cake base with piped festoons along the edges in a paler tonal yellow (we are not fans of the naked cake trend.) We scheduled a tasting and consultation and left knowing that Maxine would do a beautiful job and it was one more thing we could check off of our list! We couldn’t have been happier with the results. Her delivery rate is also very reasonable and she came right on time. The three tiers of lemon poppyseed cake with blackberry jam and airy buttercream were thoroughly enjoyed by us and our guests… We forgot to save ourselves a slice but maybe we’ll just have to get ourselves an anniversary cake in the future. Thank you Maxine!

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 14

Nina · Married on 06/02/2018

I am so glad I chose Maxine to bake my wedding cake. When I met her the first time cake testing, she was so warm and friendly and felt she really took the time to listen to me and my ideas. She is very accommodating and very professional which I valued very much. The cake itself tasted amazing and my guests were all wanting seconds! She did an amazing job and I am so happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 15
  • Megan

Megan Mucci · Married on 05/26/2018

Delicious cake, Flexible baker!

Maxine was super responsive from day one. She helped us pick flavors that went well together and worked around our schedule for a tasting and helped us work on the right size and style for our budget. The cake was amazing, we got a lot of compliments and I can't wait to eat it again on our anniversary! Also, she delivered the cake day of on time and worked with our coordinator and florist to put flowers on it so I could just be fulling present on my wedding day and not have to deal with it. She is amazing and you should definitely hire her!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you so much, Megan. I truly appreciate your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you both!

Abigail · Married on 05/20/2018

Maxine is a pleasure to work with. She understood my concept right away and delivered. The cake was beautiful and everyone told me it was tasty! I am not a lover of chocolate cake but we had the top portion in chocolate cake and at our first bite I was so impressed! I'm glad it was the top portion and our first bite. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about working with Maxine. She was so easy and accommodating! :)

Sent on 06/07/2017

ashley · Married on 04/05/2018

Ooo! Our wedding cake from Maxine’s was so charming and delicious. We found her name on our venue’s vendor list. Frankly, we were not sure if we had enough money for a cake from her but some pleasant and unexpected budget shifts happened and we were able to order a cake for our wedding (6/9/18). We have no regrets about our decision, especially after searching for other bakeries. Her craftsmanship is refined and the icing and cake textures were perfection. My husband and I decided upon an older Martha Stewart cake design: a buttery yellow frosted cake base with piped festoons along the edges in a paler tonal yellow (we are not fans of the naked cake trend.) Maxine did a beautiful job and we couldn’t have asked for more! Her delivery rate is also very reasonable. After being admired and The three tiers of lemon poppyseed cake with blackberry jam and airy buttercream were thoroughly enjoyed by us and our guests… We forgot to save ourselves a slice but maybe we’ll just have to get ourselves an anniversary cake in the future. Thank you Maxine!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Elle · Married on 12/15/2017

I could never accomplish the birthday cake request that my son made, so I was fortunate to find Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers when I needed to have a 'nature cake' made. Maxine nailed it! Not only was she easy to work with, her creativity was perfect and most importantly, the cake was truly delicious. I can only imagine the magic she can create for a wedding cake.....

Sent on 12/25/2017
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 16
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 17

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2017

Beautiful and delicious cake! Maxine listened to all of our requests. We actually ended up mixing and matching between all the different cakes we initially tasted (which she didn't mind at all) and she made us an amazing cake that had three separate flavors in each tier. ALL of our guests loved it! She worked seamlessly with our florist and the decorations ended up being exactly how we wanted it to look.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Charlotte · Married on 09/23/2017

Maxine was great! The cakes were beyond delicious, there was nothing left over! We had four different cakes (different flavors and sizes), each one more delicious than the next. Maxine delivered the cakes and decorated them with extra flowers we put aside for her! They were beautiful! Maxine was thoughtful and prompt, as well as extremely kind. What a pleasure to work with, HIGHLY recommend using Maxine's Catering at your wedding!!

Sent on 11/17/2017