Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Reviews

94 | Accord, NY

94 Reviews for Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers

94 Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Reviews

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2018

Where to start but with Maxine’s unbelievably awesome cakes! She made the PERFECT cake for my husband and I’s wedding that was a real show stopper. She genuinely loves what she does and you can taste it in the masterpieces she creates. The lemon poppyseed and Rosemary honey with that sweet blackberry jam intertwined with her famous Italian buttercream was to die for. Thank you so much Maxine for letting your passion for baking be showcased on such an important love filled day for our wedding. You were truly amazing to work with!

Sent on 09/04/2018
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 1

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers's reply:

Thank you Jessica and Patrick for all your kind words! It was a pleasure working with you both! All the best to you.

Jackie · Married on 08/04/2018

Had a wonderful experience getting my wedding cake made by Maxine! She offered many different varieties for me to sample. Had great correspondence throughout the entire process, sending pictures back and forth. She had worked with my venue multiple times I didn't have to worry about delivery and anything on the day of. Highly recommended!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 2

sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

Maxine was a joy to work with and made us the wedding cake of our dreams! We went with coconut with blackberry preserve and buttercream frosting, it was absolutely delicious and such a hit with our guests. My husband and I couldn't wait and we already had our cake topper too!
    I highly recommend Maxine to anyone looking for a delicious cake!

• Y

Yetta · Married on 06/30/2018

It was an absolute joy to work with Maxine. She is thoughtful, patient and her work is excellent. She was not only respectful of our dietary needs but came up with amazing ideas that integrated excellent taste with our design ideas that she then perfectly executed. When it came time to cut the cake at our wedding we were beyond pleased and so appreciative. We recommend her highly!

Marisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Maxine was absolutely fantastic to work with and her cakes are both beautiful and delicious. Our guests loved the almond cake with strawberry filling. It was moist and tasted great. We’d highly recommend working with her.

Ariana · Married on 06/10/2018

I don't even know where to begin. From the moment we had our first consultation, to the cake tasting, to the service, to the actual final product. Maxine was the best. My husband and I had the our wedding at Fullmoon Resort in Big Indian. Our venue was perfect...and they offered a fully catered menu. However, my husband and I were not to pleased with our cake options at the venue. So we looked around for local bakers. Thank goodness I found Maxine Catering. Maxine was wonderful to work with. She accommodated us when Full Moon wouldn't store the cake in their kitchen... we did make it work... but she went up and beyond to deliver that cake to us. The Aesthetic of the cake was semi frosted... giving it a very rustic look! IT WAS AWESOME!

Now. the Cake. We chose a LEMON POPPY cake which was perfect for the summer. The cake was moist, light, and fresh. Some of My guests told me after they snuck and got more then one piece of cake.

Afterwards we were left with a good amount of cake, and my husband and I ate it till it was gone. Next Summer we will get the same cake for our anniversary. No need to Freeze OLD CAKE! Im looking forward when we order our anniversary cake!

ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

Ooo! Our wedding cake from Maxine’s was so charming and delicious. We found her name on our venue’s vendor list. Frankly, we were not sure if we had enough money for a cake from her but some pleasant and unexpected budget shifts happened and we were able to order a cake for our wedding (6/9/18). We have no regrets about our decision, especially after searching for other bakeries. Her craftsmanship is refined and the icing and cake textures were perfection. My husband and I decided upon an older Martha Stewart cake design: a buttery yellow frosted cake base with piped festoons along the edges in a paler tonal yellow (we are not fans of the naked cake trend.) We scheduled a tasting and consultation and left knowing that Maxine would do a beautiful job and it was one more thing we could check off of our list! We couldn’t have been happier with the results. Her delivery rate is also very reasonable and she came right on time. The three tiers of lemon poppyseed cake with blackberry jam and airy buttercream were thoroughly enjoyed by us and our guests… We forgot to save ourselves a slice but maybe we’ll just have to get ourselves an anniversary cake in the future. Thank you Maxine!

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 3

Nina · Married on 06/02/2018

I am so glad I chose Maxine to bake my wedding cake. When I met her the first time cake testing, she was so warm and friendly and felt she really took the time to listen to me and my ideas. She is very accommodating and very professional which I valued very much. The cake itself tasted amazing and my guests were all wanting seconds! She did an amazing job and I am so happy with how everything turned out.

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 4

Abigail · Married on 05/20/2018

Maxine is a pleasure to work with. She understood my concept right away and delivered. The cake was beautiful and everyone told me it was tasty! I am not a lover of chocolate cake but we had the top portion in chocolate cake and at our first bite I was so impressed! I'm glad it was the top portion and our first bite. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about working with Maxine. She was so easy and accommodating! :)

ashley · Married on 04/05/2018

Ooo! Our wedding cake from Maxine’s was so charming and delicious. We found her name on our venue’s vendor list. Frankly, we were not sure if we had enough money for a cake from her but some pleasant and unexpected budget shifts happened and we were able to order a cake for our wedding (6/9/18). We have no regrets about our decision, especially after searching for other bakeries. Her craftsmanship is refined and the icing and cake textures were perfection. My husband and I decided upon an older Martha Stewart cake design: a buttery yellow frosted cake base with piped festoons along the edges in a paler tonal yellow (we are not fans of the naked cake trend.) Maxine did a beautiful job and we couldn’t have asked for more! Her delivery rate is also very reasonable. After being admired and The three tiers of lemon poppyseed cake with blackberry jam and airy buttercream were thoroughly enjoyed by us and our guests… We forgot to save ourselves a slice but maybe we’ll just have to get ourselves an anniversary cake in the future. Thank you Maxine!

Elle · Married on 12/15/2017

I could never accomplish the birthday cake request that my son made, so I was fortunate to find Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers when I needed to have a 'nature cake' made. Maxine nailed it! Not only was she easy to work with, her creativity was perfect and most importantly, the cake was truly delicious. I can only imagine the magic she can create for a wedding cake.....

Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 5
    Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers 6

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2017

Beautiful and delicious cake! Maxine listened to all of our requests. We actually ended up mixing and matching between all the different cakes we initially tasted (which she didn't mind at all) and she made us an amazing cake that had three separate flavors in each tier. ALL of our guests loved it! She worked seamlessly with our florist and the decorations ended up being exactly how we wanted it to look.

Charlotte · Married on 09/23/2017

Maxine was great! The cakes were beyond delicious, there was nothing left over! We had four different cakes (different flavors and sizes), each one more delicious than the next. Maxine delivered the cakes and decorated them with extra flowers we put aside for her! They were beautiful! Maxine was thoughtful and prompt, as well as extremely kind. What a pleasure to work with, HIGHLY recommend using Maxine's Catering at your wedding!!

Kathrin · Married on 08/19/2017

We got a small cake for the cutting ceremony and a few dozen cupcakes. Everyone loved them! I am the bride and might be biased, but I think it was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. Maxine has a great selection of flavors and we loved them all so much that it was really difficult to decide. She was easy to communicate with and everything worked perfectly and exactly like she said. Highly recommend!

Thomas · Married on 08/03/2017

Kudos to Maxine and her unbelievable cake making skills! With cake making today, it’s common to sacrifice taste for looks and vice versa- not with Maxine! The cake was not just gorgeous, but scrumptious to boot! Maxine put together a magnificent 3 tier wedding cake for us layering a lemon cake with blueberry preserves, lemon curd, raspberry preserves and buttercream! Maxine was extremely patient with us, even going as far as decorating our cake last second with fresh flowers the day of. Communication with her was thorough- from the day we scheduled our tasting to the day the cake was delivered. Every guest could not believe how fresh and delicious the cake was. It truly was the perfect ending to a perfect night! Maxine has the eye, the skill and finesse to make any style and size cake a memorable one! Thank you again!

Julita · Married on 07/08/2017

There aren't enough words to describe our satisfaction from working with Maxine. Maxine was just a pleasure!! From start to finish she made the process so easy for us. She was actually the first and last baker we spoke to. Very responsive throughout the early stages, lots of email exchanges, always attentive to our questions and concerns .. and the tasting just sealed the deal. Maxine was wonderful to work with and made sure that she achieves everything we imagined. When we first saw our cake we couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL it was. Not only that, it was beautiful and it tasted AMAZING!!! If you are looking for a great baker for your wedding cake, look no further! Maxine is amazing and her work is amazing too! Thank you for making our special day even more special!

Rachel · Married on 06/24/2017

Our guests are still raving about our wedding cake from Maxine's! We had a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and not only was it delicious, it was also beautiful and the greenery she added to the cake fit perfectly with our theme. Maxine was very flexible and accommodating and pleasure to work with. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they ever had! We highly recommend Maxine and can't say enough good things about her cakes.

Karen · Married on 06/03/2017

We chose Maxine after an extensive search for a vendor to make our wedding cake. I had such a specific vision in my mind, and Maxine absolutely nailed it-- it was actually even more perfect than I ever could have thought possible! Not only did the cake look unbelievable, but it TASTED even better! Guests raved about it, and my husband and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. On top of her amazing work, Maxine herself is amazing! What a lovely and easy-going person to work with on an otherwise chaotic day. She was the perfect choice, and we can't recommend her enough!

Liz · Married on 06/03/2017

I can't recommend Maxine's Bittersweet Bakers enough!! Maxine made our wedding cake which was a 3 tier naked cake with almond cake, almond buttercream icing and raspberry preserve and almond buttercream filling. Perfect combo for a summertime wedding.

Maxine was great to work with and super responsive and accommodating. We were so glad to have her as part of our special day!!

• Z

Zahira · Married on 05/27/2017

Maxine created the most amazing cakes for my wedding!

• I

Ian · event on: 08/15/2015

Best cake we've had in the Hudson Valley. From start to finish, Maxine was helpful with suggestions, patient with our questions, quick to respond and precisely on time when delivering the cake, which, in itself, was as delicious as it was beautiful. Our guests raved about the flavors -- a coconut cake with lemon curd filling and Italian meringue buttercream frosting. (One neighbor even came back the next day to get more!) Can't recommend Maxine any more highly, which is why we are now using her to bake our wedding cake this fall.

• I

Ian · Married on 10/01/2016

Maxine made us a four-tier wedding cake with two different flavors and two different fillings in alternating tiers -- her flavors are so good we couldn't decide on just one, so we gave our guests the option of two! And they were both amazingly good. Many guests had to try both and we had enough cake that they could. They raved about the flavors, the moistness of the cake, and the "melt-in-your-mouth" frosting. Maxine is a complete professional, collaborative, friendly, and willing to consider any idea we had in crafting the perfect cake for us. Her presentation is flawless. He delivery was on-time. Her experience and artistry is evident at every stage of the process, from the initial conversation, to the tasting, to the final product. We have used her for a birthday party, now a wedding, and will continue to turn to her whenever we need the perfect cake. There is no equal! Thank you, Maxine!

Emily · Married on 09/24/2016

Maxine was amazing. Her cakes are gorgeous, very interesting flavor combos and made it one of the best parts of our wedding! Highly recommend working with this wonderful baker!

• User4987525 · event on: 09/10/2016

I was referred to Maxine by my fabulous florist (Steven Bruce in case any of you are looking for someone) and have to say that she did not disappoint. She was able to translate my medley of ideas and inspiration into a one-of-a-kind GORGEOUS cake for my bridal shower. My bridal shower was months ago and I am still having attendees reach out to me about how beautiful and delicious the cake was. I know that I can be pretty demanding but Maxine met each request and inquiry with a smile and extreme responsiveness (what a godsend). She is a true artistic genius and your absolute go-to (especially if you are in the Hudson Valley). Needless to say, I cannot wait to see how my wedding cake will turnout! Hiring Maxine has given me once less thing to worry about as I know that my wedding cake will be in the best hands.