84 Reviews for Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers

Pastries (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Organic (1)
76 Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Reviews

Maxine is a pleasure to work with. She understood my concept right away and delivered. The cake was beautiful and everyone told me it was tasty! I am not a lover of chocolate cake but we had the top portion in chocolate cake and at our first bite I was so impressed! I'm glad it was the top portion and our first bite. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about working with Maxine. She was so easy and accommodating! :)

Profile Picture Abigail, 5/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I could never accomplish the birthday cake request that my son made, so I was fortunate to find Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers when I needed to have a 'nature cake' made. Maxine nailed it! Not only was she easy to work with, her creativity was perfect and most importantly, the cake was truly delicious. I can only imagine the magic she can create for a wedding cake.....

Photo for Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Review
Photo for Maxine's Catering/Bittersweet Bakers Review
Profile Picture Elle, 12/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Beautiful and delicious cake! Maxine listened to all of our requests. We actually ended up mixing and matching between all the different cakes we initially tasted (which she didn't mind at all) and she made us an amazing cake that had three separate flavors in each tier. ALL of our guests loved it! She worked seamlessly with our florist and the decorations ended up being exactly how we wanted it to look.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maxine was great! The cakes were beyond delicious, there was nothing left over! We had four different cakes (different flavors and sizes), each one more delicious than the next. Maxine delivered the cakes and decorated them with extra flowers we put aside for her! They were beautiful! Maxine was thoughtful and prompt, as well as extremely kind. What a pleasure to work with, HIGHLY recommend using Maxine's Catering at your wedding!!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

We got a small cake for the cutting ceremony and a few dozen cupcakes. Everyone loved them! I am the bride and might be biased, but I think it was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. Maxine has a great selection of flavors and we loved them all so much that it was really difficult to decide. She was easy to communicate with and everything worked perfectly and exactly like she said. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kathrin, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

There aren't enough words to describe our satisfaction from working with Maxine. Maxine was just a pleasure!! From start to finish she made the process so easy for us. She was actually the first and last baker we spoke to. Very responsive throughout the early stages, lots of email exchanges, always attentive to our questions and concerns .. and the tasting just sealed the deal. Maxine was wonderful to work with and made sure that she achieves everything we imagined. When we first saw our cake we couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL it was. Not only that, it was beautiful and it tasted AMAZING!!! If you are looking for a great baker for your wedding cake, look no further! Maxine is amazing and her work is amazing too! Thank you for making our special day even more special!

Profile Picture Julita, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our guests are still raving about our wedding cake from Maxine's! We had a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and not only was it delicious, it was also beautiful and the greenery she added to the cake fit perfectly with our theme. Maxine was very flexible and accommodating and pleasure to work with. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding cake they ever had! We highly recommend Maxine and can't say enough good things about her cakes.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We chose Maxine after an extensive search for a vendor to make our wedding cake. I had such a specific vision in my mind, and Maxine absolutely nailed it-- it was actually even more perfect than I ever could have thought possible! Not only did the cake look unbelievable, but it TASTED even better! Guests raved about it, and my husband and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. On top of her amazing work, Maxine herself is amazing! What a lovely and easy-going person to work with on an otherwise chaotic day. She was the perfect choice, and we can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Karen, 6/3/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't recommend Maxine's Bittersweet Bakers enough!! Maxine made our wedding cake which was a 3 tier naked cake with almond cake, almond buttercream icing and raspberry preserve and almond buttercream filling. Perfect combo for a summertime wedding.

Maxine was great to work with and super responsive and accommodating. We were so glad to have her as part of our special day!!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maxine created the most amazing cakes for my wedding!

Profile Picture Zahira, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Maxine made us a four-tier wedding cake with two different flavors and two different fillings in alternating tiers -- her flavors are so good we couldn't decide on just one, so we gave our guests the option of two! And they were both amazingly good. Many guests had to try both and we had enough cake that they could. They raved about the flavors, the moistness of the cake, and the "melt-in-your-mouth" frosting. Maxine is a complete professional, collaborative, friendly, and willing to consider any idea we had in crafting the perfect cake for us. Her presentation is flawless. He delivery was on-time. Her experience and artistry is evident at every stage of the process, from the initial conversation, to the tasting, to the final product. We have used her for a birthday party, now a wedding, and will continue to turn to her whenever we need the perfect cake. There is no equal! Thank you, Maxine!

Profile Picture Ian, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings

Maxine was amazing. Her cakes are gorgeous, very interesting flavor combos and made it one of the best parts of our wedding! Highly recommend working with this wonderful baker!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maxine was such a pleasure to work with and her cakes were amazing! We tried several other bakers/bakeries in the area and chose to work with maxine because her cake was hands down the best and she was also the most flexible. We wanted multiple flavors and she even worked with us to create a custom frosting flavor! She was very responsive throughout the process and everything went smoothly on the day of our wedding. Our guests are still raving about the cake and can't agree on which flavor was their favorite!

Profile Picture K, 9/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Maxine was a pleasure to work with!
We went for a tasting in her lovely home just a couple months before our wedding and loved every bite!
Her cupcakes and cake looked exactly as we had requested on the day of.
Everything was perfect!
Thanks Maxine!

Profile Picture Wesley, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit

Maxine did a spectacular job with our wedding cake. We received many compliments on how beautiful it was and how great it tasted - a combination that sometimes can be hard to achieve. It was so beautiful, we didn't even want to eat it but we did and it was delicious. She really listened to our wants and needs and delivered exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have been happier with the outcome. We would recommend Maxine to anybody!

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

If you're reading these reviews, then just stop here and go book Maxine for your wedding! Maxine's cake and desserts were AMAZING at my wedding at The Kaaterskill in Catskill, NY. We ended up choosing a maple pecan cake with bavarian cream inside and a brown sugar buttercream frosting on the outside, although it was hard to choose as all the cakes at the tasting were incredible (I'm still dreaming of a slice of rosemary cake!). The cake was SO delicious and we had guests complimenting how great it was as well as how beautiful it looked. Maxine was so helpful in giving us ideas on how the outside of the cake should look, and the result was just perfect. Our florists provided flowers, and Maxine displayed them on the cake just perfectly. Not only was it gorgeous to look at, but delicious to eat.

We also had lemon bars and brownies made, which were eaten by everyone in the blink of an eye. It may have been the best brownie and lemon bar I've ever eaten!

I can't wait til our one year anniversary when I can take my cake topper out of the freezer and eat this amazing cake again!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/18/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Pastries, Local

Maxine was a pleasure to work with. She was very cheerful and responsive in all our phone calls and correspondence, not to mention, she delivered a beautifully crafted and delicious cake in a timely and professional manner on our wedding day. She was very flexible as we collaborated on the cake design. Thank you Maxine! Keep up the great work!

Profile Picture Michael , 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Fresh Fruit

Maxine made us a beautiful and absolutely delicious wedding cake! Everything was wonderful and seamless from the tasting in Maxine's lovely home to the delivery on our big day. We had such a hard time choosing from the many options and Maxine was incredibly helpful in guiding us through the process. Maxine coordinated with our florist and day-of coordinator which took a lot of pressure off of us on our wedding day. Thank you, Maxine, we are so appreciative!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Maxine was a delight to work with -- she baked us a vegan wedding cake that was absolutely to die for - three tiers with almond cake and mocha buttercream. It was so tasty - everyone loved it (vegan and non-vegans alike)! She was happy to accommodate our vegan and gluten-free preferences, too. I ate four pieces at our wedding...Not only that, the cake was beautiful - Maxine decorated it with flowers and the topper we provided and delivered it herself the day of our wedding. Outstanding!! A pleasure to work with! We could not be any happier with Maxine's Catering!!

Profile Picture Gillian, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Organic

I was organizing a baby shower with a farm theme from out of state when I discovered Maxine Catering thru the internet. From the first phone to finally meeting Maxine (she personally delivered the cake) she was very responsive and professional. The cake was an absolute masterpiece and the quality of the cake was delicious and moist. If I lived in NY I would definitely use Maxine's Catering in future events. I need a Maxine's Catering in Ohio!!!

Profile Picture Debbie, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

From the start, Maxine was a pleasure to work with: professional, timely, and able to take our vision for a cake and turn it into a gorgeous reality. She also coordinated pick up of cake flowers with our florist as well as delivery with our venue seamlessly. At the tasting it was clear, she's a cake guru: as committed to the taste and texture of the cake as to the outside beauty. We ordered an almond cake with chocolate hazelnut ganache and orange buttercream frosting, and it was hands down the best cake I've ever had. Our guests raved, it fit perfectly with our rustic fall wedding, and I loved that it was a departure from the more traditional cake flavor. Thank you, Maxine! I will be back for anniversary cakes!

Profile Picture Marissa, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Maxine was absolutely amazing! She was extremely accommodating,even allowing us to keep our appointment for our tasting when we were over an hour late. Any time I had a question or needed anything Maxine was quick to respond and extremely helpful. The most important part of this review was how delicious and beautiful our cake was! I would, and have recommended Maxine to friends and will continue to do so!

Profile Picture Morgan, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Maxines Catering/Bittersweet Bakers is the top choice! For our 3 tiered wedding cake we did half marble and half chocolate. We used buttercream for our frosting. Not only are her cakes absolutely delicious, but they are beautiful, you can tell they are made with love! I went to her looking for a custom design (i'm an artist and I had my vision drawn), for the cake- after our meeting I was sure that her vision for the cake and mine, would make the most beautiful cake ever! We had guests swarming that cake table for photos...and slices! OH and I cannot forget Maxine, herself, is a lovely woman- kind, and extremely helpful!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely could not be happier with Maxine and her services! The wedding cake she made for us was truly stunning and the taste was out of this world! It's been a few weeks since our wedding now, and our guests are STILL calling us to say how amazing the cake was, and how it was the best wedding cake they had ever had! It was so moist, flavorful, and unique. We can't wait for our one year anniversary so we can eat it again!

Maxine has a wonderful and unusual list of cake flavors on her "menu", and was even willing to try out a different flavor not on her list that we requested for the tasting (although we ended up going with one on her original list). She worked with us to develop a design and flavor combo that would tie in perfectly with our venue and decor, and she even set it up on our wedding day with fresh florals and greenery and made an extra top layer to ensure that we would have one to bring home to save. The cake was everything and more that we wanted!

Maxine was very responsive over emails, friendly, and very easy to work with. We would absolutely recommend her and Bittersweet Bakers, and are planning to use her for some upcoming family parties and things just so we can eat her amazing cakes again! Yum Yum Yum!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews