Congress St, Portland, ME 04101 Map · Phone number

About Alanna Claire Events

When I was growing up most kids my aged watched cartoons. I on the other hand watched Martha Stewart. I realized from a young age I loved cooking, flower arrangements, and hosting dinner parties. In college I was introduced to planning weddings and events and I was instantly in love. I knew what my dreams for my life were and now I am living them.

Follow Alanna Claire Events on

10 Reviews for Alanna Claire Events

Alanna Claire Events 1
Alanna Claire Events 2

Sheera Bornstein · Married on 07/05/2019

Hire Alanna as your day of coordinator!

Alanna is a superhuman. It’s the best way to describe her. We bit off more than we realized, hosting a weekend of events at a new “venue” (backyard) that had never had a wedding even half as large as ours and having much of it (dress, flowers, food for welcome dinner) completely DIY. Alanna saved the day. She took the reins of setup, physically moving bricks to set up a pole from which she could string lights, setting up all the tables, coordinating with the various vendors, calling in extra help when needed, and going way above and beyond to navigate some challenges with guests. She did all of this with a smile and a “no problem” attitude. Through the pre-wedding process, she patiently answered endless questions from me, my partner, and our parents, calming endless nerves through her experience planning weddings in “less traditional” venues. Amidst all the set-up, she found the time to build in thoughtful little touches for my partner and me. In case that’s not enough, Alanna volunteers and donates to good causes regularly and way undercharges for the extent to which she goes above and beyond.

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Steph

Steph · Married on 10/07/2018

Alanna Was A Wedding Gift To Ourselves

If you only take one thing from this review, let it be that Alanna is the best gift you can give to a couple getting married.

As an event planner myself, I thought I would be planning my entire wedding on my own, and hiring a “day of” coordinator to execute everything. But life is full of surprises, and due to a chaotic year, I ended up 5 weeks out from my wedding with nothing but a lot of people flying into Maine for a wedding that didn’t even have a venue yet. We finally decided to bite the bullet and find someone to help, so I started reaching out to planners in the area. We talked to several, but the second we were on the phone with Alanna, I knew she was “the one”. It was like finding the right dress or the right spouse – I just knew talking to her that she was going to be amazing, and she absolutely was. In fact, I have incredibly high expectations, and she exceeded them. She even impressed my impossible-to-please family, who I’m pretty sure will be inviting her to family Christmases from here on out.

Alanna went so far above and beyond to deliver the day we were looking for. She came up with ideas that I never would have, even though I had been drafting a pinterest board for years during my 6-year engagement. She was so thoughtful with all of the details – everyone who came to our wedding felt like we had crafted the event just for them (including my now-husband and I). She went so far as to track down one of the rarest beers in the world for my husband to enjoy at the event, and to find maple fudge (without nuts in it – SO HARD to find!) for my father. She made multiple extra trips for our event, and spent days working with us to bring it together when we got to Maine. By the time we left, she really felt more like a sister than a vendor.

As anyone who plans events knows – even the best laid plans can go awry. And believe me, nothing we planned ended up happening the way it was supposed to. Alanna found a way to bring it all together and make every obstacle into an opportunity. She stayed calm under tremendous pressure, and pulled off a beautiful, memorable, amazing event that everyone in our family couldn’t stop talking about.

There’s no way I could ever summarize how invaluable Alanna was in a few paragraphs, but I can tell you this: I would hire her again in a heartbeat. I am not easily impressed, but Alanna was incredible. I wish I could hire her to come work with me on ALL of the events I put together. Hire her – you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Alanna was great to work with start to finish. We were in communication for almost a year leading up to the wedding and she was there for any silly question I had along the way. She was the best investment that we made! The day of we had a few hurdles such as the flowers freezing and dying , our DJ being subpar, and the venue reps. were no where to be found to put on the heat when it was cold. Alanna was able to throw together a makeshift bouquet in no time, assisted the clueless DJ in what he should be doing, and was able to track down the venue rep. to get the heat bumping when we needed it. These were only a few examples of what Alanna did that day to help everything go smooth. Couldn't have done it without her! She is great!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Award

Alanna Claire Events FAQ

• How many planners are on your team? 3

• Rockingham Hill Farm
    Rockingham Hill Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

Let’s just say she takes care of every little detail, so you can enjoy the day as the Bride and Groom with your guests. She is very easy to work with, so friendly and very professional. She is prompt to respond to emails or phone calls, she troubleshoots problems easily, she communicates well, she not afraid to roll up her sleeves and help out setup or cleanup. It is obvious that she loves her job! We would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the Vermont / New Hampshire area.

• Congress St Portland, Maine, 04101 See on map